What was the other kush in Masterkush?

dioecious

So we know that one parent was a Hindu Kush, which was kush4 x nl2, but I can’t seem to find what the other parent was for masterkush, or if there was any other plants in there.

I’m absolutely sure that bubba kush was a selfed progeny from the socal master kush, despite what he says. And TK and OG are both products of Hindu Kush pollen from the castle.

Cookies and Sherbet and Gelato are all linebreeds of tk with small injections of sativa, and heavily backcrossed. Chem91 seems to be a half sister through her mother (?big skunk x nl5 gygax?), and sour diesel has an infusion of nl again and then super skunk. So basically these old offerings and crosses of old offerings of shanti’s current stock have really defined decades in the USA.

Anyone know how master kush was made? Got any master kush pics or stories? Any Europeans know anything about “high rise”?

Lol. Funny how I didn’t think of that. In my mind N found some other juniper smelling kush, but if it was some other clone or seed line, it probably would have come out by now?

I had a homie grow a bunch of older plants for a seed run outdoors in California this year. Deep chunk, Lebanese, super skunk, a few others, all from seed. He gave me a handful of buds, and the deep chunk was so unmistakable by its kushy juniper aroma and taste, without a hint of skunk or the more usual complex afghan hash. It took me back to N’s comments about how kush4 and nl2 had the same aroma, so he put them together.

I like the hypothesis that N crossed his own HK, perhaps separating lines and then combining them a lot, thanks. Love to hear other idea or see plant pics too though. Any other juniper smelling plant lines back then?

Lol. Funny how I didn’t think of that. In my mind N found some other juniper smelling kush, but if it was some other clone or seed line, it probably would have come out by now?

I had a homie grow a bunch of older plants for a seed run outdoors in California this year. Deep chunk, Lebanese, super skunk, a few others, all from seed. He gave me a handful of buds, and the deep chunk was so unmistakable by its kushy juniper aroma and taste, without a hint of skunk or the more usual complex afghan hash. It took me back to N’s comments about how kush4 and nl2 had the same aroma, so he put them together.

I like the hypothesis that N crossed his own HK, perhaps separating lines and then combining them a lot, thanks. Love to hear other idea or see plant pics too though. Any other juniper smelling plant lines back then?

you can have the same aroma with 2 strains with no common point

you can have the same aroma with 2 strains with no common point

Hey let’s keep the Darwin criticism for the monkey thread … jk of course. With the case of deep chunk, kush4, nl2, and likely many others I expect they do share ancestry at some point, but it very well could have been hundreds of years ago they were separated.

OG kush doesn’t have the same flavor, but elements of it come out in the s1. OG imo is pretty sulfurous and skunky, albeit not skunk exactly, but so many s1 s tend to limonene, which I associate as a recessive train from the Hindu Kush region in the poly-afghan parent.

N had a lot of tricks, and he could have easily found an unrelated plant, created masterkush from linebreeding Hindu, just selected superior Hindu parents, or outcrossed and backcrossed lol. There are plenty examples of him doing all of this, which makes me wonder, what exactly did he do?

Hey let’s keep the Darwin criticism for the monkey thread … jk of course. With the case of deep chunk, kush4, nl2, and likely many others I expect they do share ancestry at some point, but it very well could have been hundreds of years ago they were separated.

OG kush doesn’t have the same flavor, but elements of it come out in the s1. OG imo is pretty sulfurous and skunky, albeit not skunk exactly, but so many s1 s tend to limonene, which I associate as a recessive train from the Hindu Kush region in the poly-afghan parent.

N had a lot of tricks, and he could have easily found an unrelated plant, created masterkush from linebreeding Hindu, just selected superior Hindu parents, or outcrossed and backcrossed lol. There are plenty examples of him doing all of this, which makes me wonder, what exactly did he do?

the nl and the kush are in the same aera pakistan and aghanistan but not in the same place you have thounsand of variéty in this 2 country

i smoke some bruce banner they smell like master kush skunk i think i got a og kush pheno

but the bubba kush is more citric like you say before

Ah, I should've looked it up at the Urban Dictionary

Whitey
an undesirable reaction to smoking cannabis common amongst lightweights and first-time tokers. Symptoms include dizzyness, clammy skin, nausea and vomiting.
It gets its name from the paleness of the sufferer as the blood drains out the capillaries under the skin due to a decrease in blood pressure.
"oh man, I don't know what you put in that joint, but it gave me one hell of a whitey."

When I was researching terpenes back in 2009 (didn’t know then the natural cannabis terpenes were from shanti, makes me feel better about the cost lol) I found that both pinenes could cause that effect if combined with limonene and vaped without any other ingredients. I have never heard it called a whitey though, I figured it was a plant that was covered in dusty thc lol

hahaha i don't get them almost ever my entire life, my whitey experience from N#3 be best described as:
" a desirable reaction to smoking potent cannabis, Symptoms include dizziness, clammy skin, a popping, fizzing, sparkly stars dancing around you sensation as you steady to hold your balance which are enhanced significantly by taking a large toke to fill lungs and holding breath for 10 seconds before exhaling.... while in the crouched position and standing on exhalation"

I want to tell a life story tied into cannabis genetics from personal experience.
“It was a beautiful sunny morning on the beach at Waikiki and my first day on the island. It was November of 1979 and I was 18.
I was in search of the kind bud and had just given up 4 yrs of my life for the chance to find it.
Walking along I came upon a tiny bamboo hut that turn out to be a mini head shop, shell pipes and papers mostly. So I asked and he provided quite readily.
Now these small thumb sized buds were lime green orange hairs and frosted white.
Hawaiian Hashplant he called it. Smelled like lemons and pineapple. He also gave me a small sea shell pipe to smoke with.
So I went all the way out on the jetty with my new buds and a sixer of Olympia.”

Now the genetics part.
This Hawaiian Hashplant was exactly like the best OG Kush of today.
Exactly like it! But much stronger and simply marvelous. Now I’ve always wonder why that is.
This was many decades before Bubba went to LA and SFV and Ghost.
🤔 Things that make you go hmmmm.

The Canadians swear they have something like og kush up there too that seems for sure unrelated, although I can’t swear about it, pink kush. Maybe it’s an ancestral form? Anyone ever smoke it and real OG both to compare?

So we know that one parent was a Hindu Kush, which was kush4 x nl2, but I can’t seem to find what the other parent was for masterkush, or if there was any other plants in there.

I’m absolutely sure that bubba kush was a selfed progeny from the socal master kush, despite what he says. And TK and OG are both products of Hindu Kush pollen from the castle.

Cookies and Sherbet and Gelato are all linebreeds of tk with small injections of sativa, and heavily backcrossed. Chem91 seems to be a half sister through her mother (?big skunk x nl5 gygax?), and sour diesel has an infusion of nl again and then super skunk. So basically these old offerings and crosses of old offerings of shanti’s current stock have really defined decades in the USA.

Anyone know how master kush was made? Got any master kush pics or stories? Any Europeans know anything about “high rise”?

Last edited:
Back