What is this bacteria?

kuhicop

What is this bacteria?
1716465769372.jpg

You can see at the end of the plant, the water is retained like in a bubble, it becomes viscous and the plant ends up dying as it's not able to drink

I'm doing clones in hidro, changing water 1 time per week.

How to prevent it and how to cure attacked ones?

What is this bacteria?
View attachment 86361

You can see at the end of the plant, the water is retained like in a bubble, it becomes viscous and the plant ends up dying as it's not able to drink

I had the same issues using a Turboklone unit a few years back. The fan malfunctioned during summer and the water temps were too high and caused the stems to rot.
I got rid of the Turboklone unit and went back to the old school unit with no further issues.
You can also treat them with anti pathogen products such as PYTHOFF but I think the damage is done by the looks of your photo but im no expert.

I had the same issues using a Turboklone unit a few years back. The fan malfunctioned during summer and the water temps were too high and caused the stems to rot.
I got rid of the Turboklone unit and went back to the old school unit with no further issues.
You can also treat them with anti pathogen products such as PYTHOFF but I think the damage is done by the looks of your photo but im no expert.
To revive that plant I only have to make another cut at the bottom and it will start drinking again

I'm trying to know how to prevent this, maybe mixing the water with a bit of PYTHOFF could be good

What is the old school unit? Can you send a picture or guide how to find one of them?

To revive that plant I only have to make another cut at the bottom and it will start drinking again

I'm trying to know how to prevent this, maybe mixing the water with a bit of PYTHOFF could be good

What is the old school unit? Can you send a picture or guide how to find one of them?
You can also use a Hydrogen Peroxide solution im not sure of the correct ratio.
I cant take photos at the moment as my phone screen broke yesterday but my Cloning unit is a simple flood and drain style.
40L reservoir with water heater, airstone and a pump that floods the upper tray once or twice a day, with a humidity dome of course.

Hello kuhicop,

I have made clones with this method before and it worked well for me if you keep these things in check:

-Start from healthy green moms.
-Temps of the surroundings are best at 24°C.
-Use tap water (contains some chlorine) and refresh every 48h.
-Natural light but no direct sunlight (never done it under artificial light).
-Root zone must stay dark, I use a glass to hold the water and put aluminium foil around it. Made a lid of it also with a hole to put the cutting through.
-Bigger cuts are more succesfull.

After 2-4 weeks I started to see white knobs and roots started forming. By week 6 I had rooted cuts.
This method never gave me a 100% succes rate.

Good luck!

What is this bacteria?
View attachment 86361

I just built and ran a diy bucket aerocloner for the first time recently and was told by a dude I trade with online to use a diluted granulated pool shock. I added 5ml of the solution mix to the two gallon rez every 2 -3 days.... explosive root growth. I had 3 very large cuts each of 4 strains. Had white nubs on everything , 100% in 3 days.... full on >6" roots in 6 days. Ran it 45 seconds on , 5 min off. Never seen anything like this first hand. The rapid rooters with a heat pad and dome had 50% success after 10 days with normal rooter roots poking out which is a low percentage for me normally which I guess is strain depending...

Anyways, HtH pool shock is what I used.
1 gram to 1 gal of tap water...I made a quart of the solution so 1/4 gram to a quart of aqua.
Then 5 ml of this solution added to rez every 2-3 days perfect!

screenshot_20240624_220337_instagram-jpg.89499

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240624_220337_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240624_220337_Instagram.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back