veg times

Hi.
I planted half a pack of AH a week ago.
I was planning to veg them for about three weeks before flipping them.
After reading other AH threads, I'm a bit confused now.
Seems most were surprised by the stretch and bloom times indoors.
Does anybody have experience growing AH?
would love some input.
Currently under 19/5 lighting, thinking to flip around day 10 now.
thanks

The questions you are asking are somewhat open ended...
Witbout knowing what culture techniques or equipment you are using it is difficult to quantify...
I will therefore assume that you are growing in a high performance system with a shit ton of full spectrum light and are nailing it on all counts.
I would not veg any of the MNS 25% hazes for any more than 14 days. This will give you a finished plant height of 4 to 6 feet. The 50% hazes in the same environment need no more than 7 days to achieve the same size plant. These are the numbers I use as a general guide after running several varieties. From this with the right pheno, training techniques and sufficient space you should yield 1 to 2 p per plant.
Sorry I fogot to add the 25%ers will increase in height 3 to 4x the 50%ers like SSH will go 4 to 6x IME hope that helps

Last edited:
I should have pointed out that the veg times given are for a well rooted clone.
With seedlings I would recommend following nugbuckets mainlining tek and train the 25%ers to 4 or 8 main shoots. I would then put the plants into flower before they reach 12 inches tall. For the 50%ers I would train them to at least 8 main growing shoots before flowering as I have found this helps to tame their immense vigor.

Thanks for the info.
they are on their 8th day now.
soaked for 18 hours in mineral water and seaweed emulsion.
planted into a soiless seed raising mix in peat pots.
I just potted them up into 250mm pots holding 7+litres of soil.
About 40% appear shorter, but leaf development is uniform.
You recommend training them by bending them over, and growing 8 laterals, as tops. Or just pinch them?
cheers

Last edited:
I have just completed a grow of Angel Heart. I need to get my shit together and put together a thread to show of my keepers. A very impressive variety with some awesome phenos. I cant wait to have some free space to run Angel Breath after seeing its cousin perform so well...

Hi PJJ.
Did the phenos you get compare to the ones described by skunkdOc, in their excellent thread?
Would love to know how AH performed for you, 're bloom times +/-.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Sorry I missed your earlier post. Once I know how much the pheno will strech and I am growing from clonz I like to tie the branches down to encourage heavier branching.
For seedlings I would encourage you to google "nugbuckets mainlining technique". Basically you pinch the growth shoot at the 4 to 6 node for two growing shoots...let it grow a bit...then pinch both of them for 4 growing shoots...then if you desire and if you are running a 50%er for the first time let it grow a bit more and then pinch for 8. Read his write up and get a feel for it. Personally I dont strip all the foliage or the lowest set of branches, because I take them as clones later on, also I find stripping takes to much vigor out of the plant and really slows it down.
I did find hazey phenos like his that were very aromatic and tasted amazing. All but 2 had fair to good potency but one of the hazy ones had excellent potency and all but a couple from the 9 were good yielders. I also found a skunk haze pheno that had very solid buds excellent potency and excellent aroma. I didn't find any like his orange Indy pheno. The skunky one was ready at 10 weeks as were most of the good phenos. The really potent hazy one that was the biggest yielder amongst mine I took to 14 weeks but was probably ready around 12. I really like the strain and am really looking forward to running some more of the 60 seeds I have. It has also made me very excited to run Angel Breath.

Hello , one of my favorite haze , my keeper is a low yielder 9 week pheno with a strong bubblegum haze flavor , not as strong as ssh but for sure Its a jewel of the mrnice haze collection.good luck with your grow

Hi LRV good to see you posting again brother
Do you have any photographs of your AH?
Your pics aren't visible in your old threads.
It would be interesting to compare...

Hi.
Pjj, thanks for your reply.
LrV, thanks for your input also.
They are four weeks old now.
I flipped them 3 days ago, and I will see how they stretch under 12.5/11.5 lighting.
The four I kept are all quite manageable.
Fingers crossed.
All the best.

Of the four plants I kept, three look sativa like and one looks a bit more skunk.
The skunk one has good lateral development.
The other three do not have much branching.
They have shown sex, and it looks like one of the taller is male, and the other three are female.

What size containers are they in? IME they respond very well to having large rootspace, branching much more heavily.

I have them in 250mm 9 litre pots.

That would be part of the reason why you arent seeing heavier branching.
Im guessing that you haven't trainied the plants either. If you want to see heavier branching in such small containers you will need to implement a training method to realise this. Simply tieing the longest branches down is the easiest/simplest and most effective at this stage of growth.

Thanks mate.
I am not disappointed by their growth.
The shorter plant is quite bushy.
The two taller plants have put less growth into branching, as they have grown taller, instead.
I grew them until the eighth node, I then trimmed to the fifth node.
I'll probably bend these stems over, and allow the laterals to grow out.
Happy so far.

Unfortunately one of the taller plants was a male.
I took the lowest two laterals of my remaining taller female, to make cuts.
She has 6 laterals now.
The cuts that I took last week are all doing well.

Sounds like things are coming along nicely...
I cant wait untill the smells start coming for you...you are in for a real treat.

Hi, they have been blooming just over two weeks now.
The shorter plant has stopped stretching, and when I rubbed it it had a really potent tiger balm kind of smell.
The taller sister is about to finish stretching.
I think this might be the 9-10 week ' grape' type.
Her smell is very subtle, and I can't quite understand it's character yet.
The cuts I took are all doing well.

Back