Unique haze c progeny leaf morphology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but...
Since there has been no *real* thaistick for decades, when and how was this sample submitted hmm?
I am not buying it, to me that is a false submission and has no bearing on squat.
I have grown thai and colombians many many times and they are in no way similar in growth, resin production, or taste/smell.
Yes I know coffee shops in Adam sell thai stick, it's nothing like original and if asked I would say that is fake too.
Thailand has had a death penalty for smuggling weed since what? 1978 or so?
That is why you'll never see real thaistick again.....no export = no profit....and it's always been all about the money.

There may have been some hybridization of columbians with thais going on. I dont think thats the only columbian gold that seems to be linked to thais. Also remember this has probably happened in the 60's and early 70's.
I dont really trust the phylos system tho and I too would like to know more about were this thai stick sample has come from.

Personally it is difficult to put so much onto a single trait like leaf traits...as this does not reflect the other traits very well generally. Glad to see people delving into theories and ideas, but both Nevil and I never used a plant that went to more than 16 weeks flower in breeding. We also know that HzC male instils a particular aroma to a strain and this is one of its strongest traits. In fact if you do crack alot of seed of any of the major sativas we at MNS produce, you will smell a more common trait than see one...but leaf traits in such strains as G13 really do stand out as dominant traits the mother passes on for example.....all the best Sb
Welcome back S
Many of the Nevils Haze I’ve grown have that 70’s Columbian aroma that set it apart from the usual Mexican varieties we smoked back then.
That “good pot smell” that old stoners relish.
The uplifting high in some varieties remind me of Thai I smoked in country too long ago.
Best weed I’ve ever grown , some of the strongest I’ve ever smoked.
Those two males account for some of the best herb on the planet.
Chance ? Nah
Hats off to the Dutch Masters ✌️

The truth is that anyone can say whatever they want when sending a sample to phylos so it all comes down to the word of the client who sent the sample. But genetics are just that . Cannot be changed . Of the three samples they tested only one said colombian was family. However all three had Paraguay1 as family iirc

The truth is that anyone can say whatever they want when sending a sample to phylos so it all comes down to the word of the client who sent the sample. But genetics are just that . Cannot be changed . Of the three samples they tested only one said colombian was family. However all three had Paraguay1 as family iirc
Good point 👍
How far is Paraguay from Columbia?
How far is Thailand from Cambodia ?
How far is Afghanistan from Nepal ?
I’m certain genetics have been transported thru out many connected regions since ancient trade routes were established.
Has a dna data base ever been attempted for land race Cannabis varieties and compared to connected regions?
I’m not really up on all this.
✌️

Ok, just so some of you can get a better idea.
This is thai, straight up, no bullshit.
It commonly does either this multi headed thing or grows long strings, rarely you get normal buds and colas....maybe 1 out of 250 will show normal growth patterns.
I've grown thousands of thai plants and have been growing them since the mid 70s.
Columbian does not look like this and mex looks like the thread I have in the breeders forum with the title something like "this is gonna sound strange" or something like that.
Behold true saved from the 70s thai.
Shiest, why cant I not post a pic now...
It's there, but I was trying to post a different pic of it.
That's at about 12 weeks with another 5-8 to go.

Here is one of the normal growth thais at about 20 weeks and in a room I had to rip the ceiling out of.
Yes she yielded, yes she was huge, this is only the upper half of her.
full

(hope that shit works)

Last edited:
Ok, just so some of you can get a better idea.
This is thai, straight up, no bullshit.
It commonly does either this multi headed thing or grows long strings, rarely you get normal buds and colas....maybe 1 out of 250 will show normal growth patterns.
I've grown thousands of thai plants and have been growing them since the mid 70s.
Columbian does not look like this and mex looks like the thread I have in the breeders forum with the title something like "this is gonna sound strange" or something like that.
Behold true saved from the 70s thai.
Shiest, why cant I not post a pic now...
It's there, but I was trying to post a different pic of it.
That's at about 12 weeks with another 5-8 to go.
I do understand and honestly the thai looks great as well. I was just finding it peculiar that of the three tested varieties only one had a couple south American strains whilst the other 2 had mostly Asian varieties as family. Except the Paraguay1. Never heard of any Paraguayan strains personally.

hello hows everyone doing im new here but i heard of this thread and i wanted to check it out its pretty cool i have two extremes going rite now one is at 75 days the other 45 days the pics im posting now are from the plant thats at 45 days about 5 days ago i switched the lights from 11/13 to 10/14 see if i can get things going a little faster on this plant. well when i figure out how to post a pic ill come back and post them thanks!

Hello @stickman2006!

Photo's need to be compressed or resized to 860KB or less to post them. When I post up somewhere over that I get an error message. 900KB is off limits on my PC. @Islandgrower knows a site, litphoto, or something like that. Generally compression gives better results than resizing. I use this site for compression, it can also be used for resizing but you will lose picture quality: https://compressimage.toolur.com/ Very easy to use.

Hope that helps, looking forward to seeing the pictures! :)

Longball

Personally it is difficult to put so much onto a single trait like leaf traits...as this does not reflect the other traits very well generally. Glad to see people delving into theories and ideas, but both Nevil and I never used a plant that went to more than 16 weeks flower in breeding. We also know that HzC male instils a particular aroma to a strain and this is one of its strongest traits. In fact if you do crack alot of seed of any of the major sativas we at MNS produce, you will smell a more common trait than see one...but leaf traits in such strains as G13 really do stand out as dominant traits the mother passes on for example.....all the best Sb

When dealing with hybrids, leaf morphology would be less of an indicator of the final effect. Especially when the leaves are already intermediate between broad and narrow.

But are there any lines with broad, overlapping leaves that flowers for 14 + weeks and produce odors and highs like haze?
Or are there are any lines with thin skinny leaves that flower in 8 weeks and reek of RKS?
I don’t know how to ignore the correlations.
It’s like looking at a group of basset hounds and a group of greyhounds and then guessing which one is faster or slower.
Of course I’d like to test every plant by growing out and curing but that’s not always possible with prohibition or plant limits

im always trying to figure them out canna dont no if i ever will this leaf morphology is new to me i have two going and there different heres a couple pics of the other plant tis one is about 30 days behind the other plant above and its hard to get a good pic in there.DSC_0055.JPGDSC_0038.JPG

im not experienced with sativas but i have some sort of green thumb that seems to work i do no these are not pure sativas theres a little indica in there im sure some of them could lean further towards there indica side i just hope its good smoke for the day thanks for stopping by plantman it should get better from here. :)

Thanks for taking the time shanti. I agree leaf shape width are not real selection criteria. In this particular instance haze cs mother father or further relative must have had this smooth edge leaves developed as adaptation to home climate. I feel that landrace heirloom strains leaves were purposeful. When you make a cross with inbred lines which are somewhat homogeneous leaf morphology is a good physical phenotype trait to observe. Think ots interesting that both the haze c male and g13male of somas are survivord who proagated when almost all others died and they share this dull seration. With some serious progeny testing to determine if any other traits are buddied up w this leaf.

Mostly ill just love diggin around for clues ancestors .

heres a few early flower pics of my extreme haze i have two going this is at apprx. 65 days since flip she started on 11/13 then two weeks ago i switched to 10/14 too get this one going its slow!View attachment 50786View attachment 50787View attachment 50788View attachment 50789

Stickman your ladies look awesome! I notice that your long flowering lady shares the ivy leaves of her mother the 20 weeker.

Have you seen the far red leds? Very helpful for sativas. 730 nm led mimics dusk by signaling plant hormone called phytochrome. This hormone aignals to plant that its dark now puts them to sleep. Indoor normaly takes plant 2 hrs fall asleep. But w tge 730nm sleeps in 15 min! Greatly increases efficiency and can even shorten maturity. All for 40 bucks! Your extreme ladies will l9ve yaScreenshot_20210503-150819_Gallery.jpg

Stickman your ladies look awesome! I notice that your long flowering lady shares the ivy leaves of her mother the 20 weeker.
i wanted to talk a little about that one its 14+ weeks now, i like hearing things like the leaves with that comparison not sure i want it to go that far might have to power the lights down because of heat! these have been a fun grow and for the most part it was water only with a few ewc teas very easy ive had indicas i couldnt make happy these seemed happy all the way through.

Have you seen the far red leds? Very helpful for sativas. 730 nm led mimics dusk by signaling plant hormone called phytochrome. This hormone aignals to plant that its dark now puts them to sleep. Indoor normaly takes plant 2 hrs fall asleep. But w tge 730nm sleeps in 15 min! Greatly increases efficiency and can even shorten maturity. All for 40 bucks! Your extreme ladies will l9ve yaView attachment 51380
I read that in a book called "what a plant knows "by D.Chamovitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back