Uncle Jack in the Dreamtime

Uncle Jack

So far 15 of 18 seeds have germinated.
Placed straight into Scotts Osmocote seed and cutting mix.
I like the idea of not knowing what I am growing.
Hopefully it will help teach me to look at the plant rather than the plant description when making decisions.
Photo's to follow.
Just wanted to start the thread at roughly the time the seeds germinated so I can do accurate day counts later on.
Cheers all.

(Mr) Nice one mate. All the grow reports I comment on are usually years old, but I'm watching this with interest because I bought a pack of Dreamtime on the auctions the other week because nobody had bid on them and I felt sorry for them πŸ˜†
It'll be nice to see exactly what plants will grow from them because after reading about them a few times, I still can't figure out what Dreamtime actually is βœŒοΈπŸ‘

(Mr) Nice one mate. All the grow reports I comment on are usually years old, but I'm watching this with interest because I bought a pack of Dreamtime on the auctions the other week because nobody had bid on them and I felt sorry for them πŸ˜†
It'll be nice to see exactly what plants will grow from them because after reading about them a few times, I still can't figure out what Dreamtime actually is βœŒοΈπŸ‘
A potential mix of anything and everything Shanti has ever worked on. I picked up a spring cleaning straws of dreamtime a few years ago. Looking forward to this one for the same reason- will be cool to watch! Good luck Uncle Jack

A potential mix of anything and everything Shanti has ever worked on. I picked up a spring cleaning straws of dreamtime a few years ago. Looking forward to this one for the same reason- will be cool to watch! Good luck Uncle Jack
Hi Lozac Good luck indeed πŸ‘πŸ€ž
I get the 'potential mix of everything he's done' mate, but does that mean it's just a blend of seeds that have been mixed up? Or plants that have pollinated by other males and mixed at that stage? That's where I don't understand, but I don't mind either way, it's still exciting but I'd still like to know ✌️
Good luck with your Dreamtime too πŸ‘πŸ˜

Hi Lozac Good luck indeed πŸ‘πŸ€ž
I get the 'potential mix of everything he's done' mate, but does that mean it's just a blend of seeds that have been mixed up? Or plants that have pollinated by other males and mixed at that stage? That's where I don't understand, but I don't mind either way, it's still exciting but I'd still like to know ✌️
Good luck with your Dreamtime too πŸ‘πŸ˜
So I had asked Shanti outright what could I find, and he said something along the lines of: "Dreamtime has so many different things mixed in a huge bag and then vialled up in to 18 seeds ...let me just say all land races and MNS strains are possible...but proof is in the seed. Good luck".

Another member pointed out that someone (I think perhaps it was Kyle Kushman) had mentioned in their book that sometimes the cheap mix/ mixed seeds are often from when the seed counter chucks a few seeds out. The mix of all the unknown seeds are all stored in a bag sold as a mix then.

So I had asked Shanti outright what could I find, and he said something along the lines of: "Dreamtime has so many different things mixed in a huge bag and then vialled up in to 18 seeds ...let me just say all land races and MNS strains are possible...but proof is in the seed. Good luck".

Another member pointed out that someone (I think perhaps it was Kyle Kushman) had mentioned in their book that sometimes the cheap mix/ mixed seeds are often from when the seed counter chucks a few seeds out. The mix of all the unknown seeds are all stored in a bag sold as a mix then.
Thanks for the info mate πŸ‘
I have read a couple of grow reports about it, and they seemed to get good results from a pack of Dreamtime. Some guys are able to identify what plants they get growing but I have had no experience whatsoever with Mr Nice seeds until now, so I would have no clue which plants were which anyway πŸ˜†
I guess when the time comes I'll be posting pics and asking the resident experts on here ✌️

Some nice looking leaf patterns going on.
Very close to sexing some of these plants..
Slow start due to cold weather.

If anybody feels like they can ID a variety by leaf pattern at this early stage feel free to speculate.

DT (A)
IMG_1675 - Copy.JPG

DT (B) - Trifoliate
IMG_1676 - Copy.JPG

DT (C)
IMG_1677 - Copy.JPG

DT (D)
IMG_1678 - Copy.JPG
DT (E)
IMG_1679 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Some nice looking leaf patterns going on.
Very close to sexing some of these plants..
Slow start due to cold weather.

If anybody feels like they can ID a variety by leaf pattern at this early stage feel free to speculate.

DT (A)
View attachment 91913

DT (B) - Trifoliate
View attachment 91914

DT (C)
View attachment 91915

DT (D)
View attachment 91916
DT (E)
View attachment 91917

From the looks DT (C) is my favorite so far :love:

I'm curious how they turn out and if you find something 'special' :)

Live the dream
MB

So far 6 females, 8 males and two unconfirmed
Two runts that have finally showed some roots.
One of my favourite things in this world is the hard luck story and overcoming adversity.
Where our hero/heroine struggles and struggles and finally makes good.
So I am sticking with these two, whether they like it or not.
I have a feeling they will be special.

Back