To Flush or Not to Flush

Dried Flowers

I'm getting ready to begin flushing 4 plants. I've always flushed, and came across this interesting short read. If I had more plants I'd do a comparison, flushing all but 1 or a small group as suggested in the article.

I'll try it when I have excess plants and herb, take one for the team, or potentially achieve larger yields? While never forgetting taste and smokeability comes first.
That's why I enjoy growing my own, the control of what goes into it, and of course the results!

Also I've never used flushing agents sold by nutrient company's, I don't believe in adding something to remove something. I've never studied up on it though.
I miss growing in loose rockwool, flushes in less than a day.

love your thought process, thanks for sharing, testing leeds to more information and context which leads to learning... very sweet.
my past life i loved rockwool and geolite as it was called then, dunno what i'll do when i have more space, but now i'm loving coco and air pots.

PS the eagle has landed... Have a great holiday..
/steve

I'm getting ready to begin flushing 4 plants. I've always flushed, and came across this interesting short read. If I had more plants I'd do a comparison, flushing all but 1 or a small group as suggested in the article.

I'll try it when I have excess plants and herb, take one for the team, or potentially achieve larger yields? While never forgetting taste and smokeability comes first.
That's why I enjoy growing my own, the control of what goes into it, and of course the results!

Also I've never used flushing agents sold by nutrient company's, I don't believe in adding something to remove something. I've never studied up on it though.
I miss growing in loose rockwool, flushes in less than a day.
What and how heavy do you feed?
I've come to the conclusion in my grow that I give straight water last 2-3 days before chop. I use a 2 part with addives, normally everything is happy at 75-80% recommend strength during flower backing down to about 50%

Last edited:
I’m not sure if not flushing is a good idea if using salt based nutrients using coco.

I tried experimenting with lengths of flushing and then I tried not flushing.
When I didn’t flush at all during the trimming instead of the nice smelling brown finger hash I had green finger hash that smelled too much like chlorophyll.
I went back to flushing or water only for the last 7-14 days or when leaves turn yellow.

I've never flushed, if by flush you mean using twice or thrice the post size of water to strip out unwanted nutrients.
Personally, I opt for watering with only water for the last week or two of flower, letting the plant use up all remaining nutrients..

But then again I have always grown pretty simply, ie: an organic broad spectrum dry amendment mixed into peat free soil with an added touch of sand home made compost and perlite.. Then using organic bottled nutrients(bio bizz or canna) at half to two thirds of the recommended dose..

Back