The REMEDY z6 - z7 CBD.crew by stonedcold

stonedcold

remedy_z.jpg

by stonedcold.gif ----------- stonedcold.jpg

hI all , My alias is stonedcold, I am quite new to the online community, so I hope this diary comes across as straight faward as I intend it to, I am also running this diary on another forum. The xYZ Affair by SC

I have been searching for strains with high CBD content and its the Z series that caught my eye, I take my hat of to Shanti and Jaime for the work they are doing with the CBD.crew
Rewind about a month, I am very pleased to have won z6 - z7 in the MNS Auctions at a very reasonable price. Delivery and Packaging are excellent.
The Z series, Z6 and Z7, are back cross hybrids of The Remedy.
The Remedy is a strain made by a collaboration of Mr. Nice Seedbank and Resin Seeds to produce plants with a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio.
Resin Seeds female Cannatonic (MK Ultra x G13/Haze) crossed to the MNS Afghan/Skunk (Nordle).
Selected phenotypes of The Remedy were chosen to make Z6 & Z7.

Methodology
I have always planted and tried to stick to organic and biodynamic methods as best I can in my farming, but don’t worry I am not going to start planting horns just yet, but luckily the seeds arrived, just in time to be planted with the New moon which is a great time to plant seeds.
The water I use is taken from a well and heated to around 70°F / 20°C
I only use organic nutrients, BioBizz Fish Mix, or Black Gold with Green hope , FloraMax (booster).
I use organic sprays to deal with any insect infestations
Neem extract, Potassium soap, Nettle tea, or even organic insecticides extracted from plants with a strict “Bin it policy” any problems get resolved in the compost heap.
The potting soil I have is from a local supplier with added worm castings and perlite.

I planted the Z project directly into soil, (no mess tins).
The seedlings will spend the first few weeks of their lives germinating under 4x 15w cfl’s
Then will be placed under the 105w cfl until transplanted.
At their pot-up to 3.5L pots they will be moved to the veg cab under 250w MH then up to 400hps.
The plants will be cloned and the og seed stock flowered out under a 600w hps.

OK On with the show..............

Z6.jpg-----------Z7.jpg-----------Z TAGS.jpg

ESP.jpg-----------cfl's.jpg-----------VEG CAB.jpg

remedy_z.jpg
The seedlings have been numbered in popping order.
1st z series.jpg----------2nd lot.jpg------------3rd.jpg

Z.jpg------2.1.jpg------2.2.jpg------2.3.jpg

There will be a few more surprises unveiled in this diary in the near future, and I am very excited about these projects, I can not give too much away at the moment, but I hope it will be a smooth ride for all involved, I have a few interesting ideas and 1 mission.
The clock is ticking, ladies & gentlemen and there is no time like the present,.
I want to help where it is most needed.

remedy_z.jpg

The seedlings are coming on in leaps and bounds, they have passed from 4x15w cfls to a 105w cfl and now on to the 250w MH Ready for their pot-up.

3.1.jpg------3.2.jpg------250wMH.jpg

First of all I clean everything before use, this really is the basics in pest and virus prevention. Hope your not sucking eggs here.

pots.jpg------------pots clean.jpg

z wet.jpg---------zsss.jpg

clones.jpg

This is my simple method to taking clones
tools.jpg--cut2.jpg--cut3.jpg--dip hormones.jpg--into soil.jpg--into soil 2.jpg--z6.jpg--into propcab.jpg

POT-UP to 3.5L pots and moved to 400 hps​
z6#1.jpg--pottedup.jpg--roots z6.jpg--under 400.jpg

The OG seed plants have spent the last week under the 400hps and are now ready to go under the 600 hps in the flowering room.
What better day to start flowering than the 1st day of the year.
atb for the coming year to all at MNS
SC

Day 1 Flowering 01.01.2012

remedy_z.jpg

Happy New Year MNS atb for 2012​

So as promised I have potted up the z series and they are now flowering under the 600w hps. Dripper system is in place to water so I will not be moving the plants around. Lets take a look at my progress, first as always, cleanliness is the key, clean the 10L pots, Then a little clean up of the undersides of the plants and into the new pots. Roots are nice, clean and white, just how I like them.

10L pots.jpg-------side.jpg

roots 1.jpg-------roots 2.jpg

SC

Day 20 Flower 12/12

remedy_z.jpg

rem1.jpg

rem2.jpg
Cannabis-for-Health-header-image-small.jpg

remedy_z.jpg

I have been struggling of late with low temps, spidermites and scarid fly's but that all seems to be taken care of now so hopefully we can get on with a bit of growing and packing on some weight in the bud dept.
DAY 30
z 1.jpg--z2.jpg--z3.jpg

DAY 36
z4.jpg----z5.jpg

Here you can see the next round of z series that started flowering on the 01 Feb 2012 and 2 clones taken from each of the later flowering plants.
z6.jpg----clones.jpg
SC

Nutrients

BioBizz-Fish-Mix.jpg--GreenHopeFloraMax.png--black-gold.jpg

Every 3 - 5 days
1 Plain water
2 FishMix
3 Plain water
4 Black Gold
5 Plain water
6 FishMix + G Hope
7 Plain water
8 FishMix
9 Plain water
10 FishMix + G Hope
11 Plain water
12 Black Gold
13 Plain water

Last edited:
Spannabis - CBD.crew

A great time was had by all at this years Spannabis, met some amazing people, tried some great strains, Oils, tinctures and Hashes. Too much of a mish-mash of products to give a fair assessment at this stage, sorry but its all promising I can assure you.
I was fortunate enough to speak to the testers with Canna Research, and also Energy control and they assured me that Liquid chromatography (HPLC) is available. Shanti also conformed this with me.

Attachments

• cbd banner.jpg
    cbd banner.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 28
  • cbd stand.jpg
    cbd stand.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 30
  • book.jpg
    book.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 19
  • cbd table.jpg
    cbd table.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 12
  • dj.jpg
    dj.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 19
  • canna.jpg
    canna.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 23
  • canna r.jpg
    canna r.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 21
  • canna re.jpg
    canna re.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 32
  • howard.jpg
    howard.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 53
  • u know who.jpg
    u know who.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 48
On with Testing

Nice......

Attachments

• oils.jpg
    oils.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 30
  • tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 30
  • ready.jpg
    ready.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 20
  • fill.jpg
    fill.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 18
  • oil vape.jpg
    oil vape.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 19
  • filling.jpg
    filling.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 21
  • vaper.jpg
    vaper.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 14
Great forum StoneCold! Am very interested to see how these finish. Jealous of your trip to Spannabis for sure. It's really good to see the Mr. Nice crew is still turning out genes that make the rest of the industry blush. Leading the way with the CBD strains. See ya round SC :)

Hi SC

It was nice to meet quite some people i have spoken to online for over a decade and other members who I never spoke to...just illustrates that one can never really know who is out there following things, so you as good as your last game! Therefore it is easier to be real and truthful from the start.

Anyhow it was a pleasure to meet you Stonecold and hope you did not take offence to my aussie humor . Until you introduced yourself to me, I thought you was the Viking doorman for the CBD-crew ! Haha...but after reading your thread and having a series of disjointed chats over the few days, I am very happy to see and follow the threads on Z6 and Z7...and others for the future.

I hope and feel the new joint venture of the CBD-crew was worth supporting with all who began it without expectation or dreams to take over the world ...but gauging the show and the breeders and seed companies who approached us as well as the private growers or medical users...well the desire and need for a certifiably enriched CBD strain(>4%) is definitely greater than any of us understood as individual companies in this business.

So thank you Sc and all the other members who made the effort to visit and enjoy with us . Howard, Jorge, Jaime and myself as well as all the others unnameable who make up the CBD-crew, we thank you all for the support.Let us walk this road together and see where we get to...all the best Sb

Harvest Festival

Harvest 70days or 10 weeks.
First some music....
Thankyou for passing by Sensimilla13, your z series grow is looking great, N*S*E*W cheers mate, OniusOniusOnius deffo "Leading the way with the CBD strains", Shanti it was good to meet you at last.

z6#1
She is one of the more sativa-ish plants maybe I could of let her go on a little longer.
z6#1 c-up.jpg --z6#1.jpg

z6#2
This is one is the most promising of the z6's, nice tight compact buds, very resinous.
z6#2.c-up.jpg--z6#2.jpg

z6#3
Another sativa-ish pheno just like z6#1
z6#3 tall.jpg--z6#3.jpg

z6#4
This one is another sativa-ish tall pheno, but slightly different to #1 & #3 I had to top her again which was a mistake and I had a fan fall on her early days so she lost half of her growth.
z6#4.c-up.jpg--z6#4.jpg

z7#1
A very nice plant, with small but very tight buds.
z7#1.jpg

z7#2
This is my strange, or mutant plant, she was topped and has four main heads, the two lower colas produced rectangular stems with very strange flowers.
z7#2 +.1.jpg--z7#2 +.2.jpg--z7#2 +.jpg--z7#2.jpg

z7#3
This is my fav of the z7's, she could of been pulled a couple of weeks ago, nice squat indica pheno with chunky resinous buds.
z7#3.jpg --z7#3c-up.jpg

z7#4
#4 was bit like #1 in appearance.
z7#4 c-up.jpg--z7#4.jpg

Trimmers Delight...
Finger Hash & scissor Hash...........finger hash.jpg

Cool thread

Wicked thread Stoney , very wicked . I'll have a cone of Z6 # 2 & Z7 #3 thanks mate . I can hardly wait for a smoke report :D Thanks matey.

Thanks For Putting The people In Need First

Shanti,

Thanks to you and the CBD crew for putting people in need first.
It will help people who are suffering...what more could you ask from all your years of passionate creativity?

Hi SC

It was nice to meet quite some people i have spoken to online for over a decade and other members who I never spoke to...just illustrates that one can never really know who is out there following things, so you as good as your last game! Therefore it is easier to be real and truthful from the start.

Anyhow it was a pleasure to meet you Stonecold and hope you did not take offence to my aussie humor . Until you introduced yourself to me, I thought you was the Viking doorman for the CBD-crew ! Haha...but after reading your thread and having a series of disjointed chats over the few days, I am very happy to see and follow the threads on Z6 and Z7...and others for the future.

I hope and feel the new joint venture of the CBD-crew was worth supporting with all who began it without expectation or dreams to take over the world ...but gauging the show and the breeders and seed companies who approached us as well as the private growers or medical users...well the desire and need for a certifiably enriched CBD strain(>4%) is definitely greater than any of us understood as individual companies in this business.

So thank you Sc and all the other members who made the effort to visit and enjoy with us . Howard, Jorge, Jaime and myself as well as all the others unnameable who make up the CBD-crew, we thank you all for the support.Let us walk this road together and see where we get to...all the best Sb

Grow Report z6

Strain Report​

The Zseries, Z6 and Z7, are back cross hybrids of The Remedy.
The Remedy is a strain made by a collaboration of Mr. Nice Seedbank and Resin Seeds to produce plants with a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio. Resin Seeds female Cannatonic (MK Ultra x G13/Haze) crossed to the MNS Afghan/Skunk (Nordle). Selected phenotypes of The Remedy were chosen to make Z6 & Z7.

Regular seed versions of both Z6 & Z7 were made by crossing the selected Remedy phenotypes back to the Nordle male.
Feminine seed was made by crossing the selected Remedy plants with a reversed Cannatonic female. That's how Z6 and Z7 regular and female seed were made.

z6#1
She grew out like a sativa dom hybrid with almost a 3x stretch in flower, very nice bud structure, quite haze like in appearance, the smell was an intense citric but not lemon more like orange.
In the jar there is a subtle eucalyptus aroma but on closer smell of the buds the orange certainly comes through .
Smoked using a Volcano Vaporizer. The first reaction by the testers after inspecting the bud and the first vape was HAZE.
Very cerebral High , heady effect, very clear upwards rushing sensation.
Gives energy, very talkative, gave you the giggles!
I feel this is a high THC, low CBD pheno but has quite interesting effects

z6#2
This pheno stayed a little more squat than most the other plants with a 2x stretch in flower, with tight compact buds that are covered in resin .
In the jar I smell spices, almost pepper. On close inspection of the buds one tester was sure he could smell the fish mix I use, I have to agree, and relate to what Elizabeth from Resin seeds explained about being careful as other growers had also reported the smell of the nutrients coming through in their bud.
Smoked using a Volcano Vaporizer. Very clear high also very heady, sort of clears your mind and brings you to a level playing field, no rush and not so much energy as z6#1 but a fuller effect like you are in a bubble.
I was expecting this to be high CBD pheno but with the effect similar to #1 yet with a plant and bud structure quite different has left me quite stumped really.

z6#3
Another tall, lanky sativa dom pheno, 3x stretch in flower, with very resinous buds that smelt very fruity, almost like strawberries.
In the jar the smell has changed a little and is musky, hashy.
Smoked pure in a pipe the smell and taste is very perfumed like hand soap, not very nice at all.
The effect is neutral not a high or a stoned, just very alert and clear headed, relaxing effect but tbh not much to describe with this pheno. I am not sure which way inclined she is in respect to THC or CBD, I presume low in both. But I could be wrong.

z6#4
She was the unluckiest plant of the grow as she was on the outside (least light), had a fan fall on her subsequently loosing half of the plant. Finally as she was getting too tall whilst flowering, I decided to top her for a second time which didn’t have a positive outcome as I was left with only lower popcorn like buds. From what I could tell with what was left of the plant the bud structure was different to the other sat dom phenos, not so compact, light almost fluffy buds again covered in resin.
The smell in the jar is very nice, acid, citric, wild strawberries with hints of pine.
I need to add that I have just took out another bud to try with a friend and it smells of sausages.
Smoked pure in a joint the taste is like smoking afghani hash, very distinct taste and smell and quite different to the rest. The effect is heady but with a body relaxing stone at the same time, clean and alert, floating along enjoying the ride. This pheno is very promising indeed, seems to be the best of both worlds, so maybe has a more level cannabinoid content.

Last edited:
Back