The REMEDY z6 - z7 CBD.crew by stonedcold

Grow Report z7

The z7 have more interesting phenos in regards to finding a medicinal strain with high CBD as they all grew out more like Indica’s.

z7#1
Not the biggest producer of the four, she grew out taller than the other z7’s with 2.5x stretch, very resinous buds, sickly smell to the plant in growth, then a fruity or sickly sweet smell in the jar.
The smoke is kind of medium bodied, not much taste or smell going on, hashy if anything, and the effect is almost non-existent, I can not tell if this plant has any medicinal properties at all. It deffo is not on the menu for enjoyment in any dept. I don’t know if that is good or bad.

z7#2

This was my strange, or mutant plant, she was topped and had four main heads, the two lower colas produced rectangular stems with very strange flowers.
I found the smell to be nice and sweet- kind of a fruity, herb smell. The smell is not as strong as the others. There is a bit of a pine smell to it, and a nice earthy smell hidden in the background.
When smoked she is very bland, no taste and an almost foul smell to the exhale.
I was hoping she would be something special but alas I was wrong.

z7#3
This is the most interesting of the bunch, she grew out the most indica of the lot, producing nice big resinous buds.
Almost perfume like, at first a slightly fruity scent with a pungent 'skunk' scent . Very unique smell, reminds me a lot of an Afghan indica. This pheno was the smallest in height but had the biggest colas by far. To smoke she is quite pleasant, reminds me of Skunk, its not a very strong effect but really level headed, clear type of buzz, you can feel some body stone in there too. This pheno I personally found to be the most pleasant of the z7’s to smoke, and had the most bag appeal.
I think I will be keeping this one to be used in the future.

z7#4
She grew out like z7#1 with the same 2.5 x stretch and very similar bud formation.
Mild and smooth to smoke with no real noticeable flavour, earthy if anything.
This pheno is on the short list for expulsion and will not be kept. She didn’t produce a lot of buds and they where not as resin covered as the rest of the plants. Non of the testers could give any detail on smell or taste as it was almost non existent, like hay or real hemp with a very mild head and body twinge there is also very little in terms of effect.

Summery.
This project has been very interesting for me, dipping into unknown territory as such searching for that CBD queen, I hope with the few diverse phenotypes in my selection that we are onto something good with regards to making the Remedy. Only 4 seeds of each z6 & z7 where used in the selection, (limited space) now I want to try and narrow it down even further and concentrate on maybe one or two.
There are plants that many of the testers could not pinpoint any effect or taste they liked or found pleasant, could turn out to be quite interesting but all I have to go on is look, smell, taste and effect. It is quite difficult to narrow down the selection when I am not even sure what I am looking for.

Last edited:
opening soon,,,,.....

God bless ya for the initial report of the Z-6's...i ran em myself and had one sativa and two indica...can't wait to see the rest, probably one of the most informative and documented grows i've seen in awhile...you did well as athey all look beautiful

Edit:Did you have any intersex problems?

Interesting to hear about the similarities between the Z6 and Z7 with respect to smells and all.

The citrus-y phenos in the Z7 were excellent expressions of a pretty sleepy high THC pheno for me.

The berry phenos were the CBD dominant ones for me. The sweetness of the berry is almost too much at times, but dang, it has a wild taste when finished.

I like the smells/tastes of the Z7 very much! Very connoisseur-like.

Thanks for sharing your thoughtful report.

Back