The other half

The BH SSH didn't come through
4/40 sprouted
I'm pretty sure they got cooked in delivery signal-2021-09-17-150341.jpg
This is the only one that came through signal-2021-09-17-150247.jpg
Put down 20 mango/SSH and got 14/20 up.
They are a bit behind as I kept the igloo lid on longer than normal, these 20 were my only seed from that breeding.
These and the widow cross are
both on 700ec juice atm.

Last edited:
Five weeks in now, and they are starting to presex.
I didn't get the spread of types I had expected, with only two really going taller, and none that short.
Most are still showing issues with slight CalMag deficiency. It hasn't really set them back though, as they are quite aggressive

Moved them up into 12"/300mm smart pots 5 days ago now

signal-2021-10-09-072427.jpg

This one is most like his mum, and I might use as a stud over some shorter growing stuff.
They all have the same smell, a kind of coffee cake+slight juicy fruit chewing gum.
No hashy acridity or fuel/liquor notes yet.
They are taking 1400ec fertigation, and also seem to feed on themselves quite readily..

The single blockhead*SSH that came through.

Screenshot_20211010_072549~2.jpg

I'm pretty happy that the widowX are showing the Calmag issues.
They all have really nice thick stems, even the taller growing ones that would prefer a lighter feed.
I've dropped their juice back to 1100ec, and started to use a second CalMag that has lower N.

These widow*god aret rue F1, from totally distinct lines, and are quite vigorous.
They have very strong rooting also.
When I work out which I will keep, I can dial them in.
They are quite easy growing, even with the mineral inbalance, when dialed in, should really thrive.

Last edited:
Your probably flooding too often. How many cycles per 24hours and for how long and whats the ppm ph

Five weeks in now, and they are starting to presex.
I didn't get the spread of types I had expected, with only two really going taller, and none that short.
Most are still showing issues with slight CalMag deficiency. It hasn't really set them back though, as they are quite aggressive

Moved them up into 12"/300mm smart pots 5 days ago now

View attachment 54730

This one is most like his mum, and I might use as a stud over some shorter growing stuff.
They all have the same smell, a kind of coffee cake+slight juicy fruit chewing gum.
No hashy acridity or fuel/liquor notes yet.
They are taking 1400ec fertigation, and also seem to feed on themselves quite readily..

Your probably flooding too often. How many cycles per 24hours and for how long and whats the ppm ph
Hey, they on run to waste.
It was droopy cos the light was just turned on.
Screenshot_20211010_151026.jpg
They are really hungry for cal mag, and I haven't given them that much attention tweaking their food.
Was running five strains off the same juice until this week, so no wonder they aren't doing best.
It's only 2/5 coco and 3/5 clay, so don't think they are overwet.
I'll see how they go now I'm paying them some attention.
1100EC, 5.8-6.0 ph
Thanks

Last edited:

So many grow threads, over all canna sites are abandoned as soon as things go wonky.
Like the gardener doesn't want to lose rep.
I think it's better to move through issues, so others can understand what goes wrong as well.
We'll see how it is at the business end of the deal.

Now that they are presexing, I think I'll cut them, drop the hours to 13/11 light/dark and bloom them off.
đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Hey, they on run to waste.
It was droopy cos the light was just turned on.
View attachment 54775
They are really hungry for cal mag, and I haven't given them that much attention tweaking their food.
Was running five strains off the same juice until this week, so no wonder they aren't doing best.
It's only 2/5 coco and 3/5 clay, so don't think they are overwet.
I'll see how they go now I'm paying them some attention.
1100EC, 5.8-6.0 ph
Thanks
I see

So many grow threads, over all canna sites are abandoned as soon as things go wonky.
Like the gardener doesn't want to lose rep.
I think it's better to move through issues, so others can understand what goes wrong as well.
We'll see how it is at the business end of the deal.

Now that they are presexing, I think I'll cut them, drop the hours to 13/11 light/dark and bloom them off.
đź‘Ť
Sounds like you got it under control.
Yes, there are tons of abandoned journals, I dislike that. Keep going so you can have documented stuff for yourself and others to learn from.

Keep growin!

Looking a bit better today
40 days in, and just after their first night ( 12.5/11.5 light/dark )Screenshot_20211012_172946.jpg
The thing that has me puzzled.
1/4 have red stems
signal-2021-10-12-173202.jpg
Don't think it's mag deficiency.
Garden is running cool, 21/70°, I wonder if it's anthocyanin.

Last edited:
Did you drink too much Duvel to ask such a question?
And if you'd be asking.. yes, I'm at work and been doing too much quality control in the past few hours lol

L’chaim :)
Nah I don’t drink much. My weed is never mixed with any other drugs.

Well it must be fahrenheit. because 70 celsius would be deadly on them :) If they swing between 20 and 70 fahrenheit, that might induce those red stems she is talking about.

L’chaim :)
Nah I don’t drink much. My weed is never mixed with any other drugs.

Well it must be fahrenheit. because 70 celsius would be deadly on them :) If they swing between 20 and 70 fahrenheit, that might induce those red stems she is talking about.
20 degrees celsius is about 70 degrees fahrenheit. 68 d. fahrenheit to be precise.
Hence the "20/70".

Do you mean it is 21° fahrenheit? Might be the cause of the red stems too.
Hi
This morning just as light was going off, temps were 68°f. They don't really drop much in day, and when the outside temps drop at night, the rig keeps them about 20°c/70°f.
Had the first windscreen freeze over I've ever seen the other morning, it's unusually cold here atm.

Back