The One that got away

dioecious

What clone that you’ve lost, is most significant? And, second question, what clone that you know have, would be the most painful to loose?

I can answer both the same… in 2010 I had an issue with some federal LEOs and had a friend kill all my plants when I was away…. The Khmer from gypsy meant nothing, and the critical haze were so young I didn’t love them yet… but I lost juicyfruit Thai then and it’s been sooooo long I looked for her… I found her under another name, but when you truly know and love a cut … but what have you all lost that stings (maybe she lives!!!) and what do you have that you’d never be okay loosing!!!! And btw this is shanti’s place and we all know his plants are priceless …

I actually was inspired to post this thread bc of reading about your MOX. *blush*. I went to high school in new Smyrna beach, and the OG (we called her TK) is the most warm and inspiring Afghan, with a creative high that makes you want to learn a new art form. It’s mom was a Nevil NL2xKush4, bought when someone took the castle tour in 1992. A plant that could stop school shootings literally if other kids could dispense it! If your mk is on that level, wow :). It was a masterkush S1 that bubba brought to Cali from Florida to put his name on also :)

How do you compare the MK to the OG? Flavor effect appearance?

For what it’s worth I have two packs of the grail, and it’s next on my agenda, it kills me waiting lol.

original diesel my first desert island trees. walkin into a tent of her couldnt help but smile. good yield kind bud high smell that stuck to ziplocks along with the kief. made mistake of keeping all veg copies at one spot, the caretaker and a friend "accidently killed her when a pump timer got turned off. that was the story come to find out they just moved em to another house to keep all the proceeds. good guys lol

That sounds really lush… what did it taste like? Tbh I’ve only seen either of those two strains a couple times. Kali Myst especially seemed really special.

How do the highs compare between your NHM and SSH keepers?

It was Y Griega from Medical Seeds.
It is not to be compared, it was more close to SSH and Critical Haze. However still different.

Taste was typical amne with the spicey undertone of a Kali Mist. It was good weed but won't place it again probably. It is one out of many that got away.

I love diesel… just to be clear, what do you mean by “original diesel”? I would love to hear more!
1663038232176.png

original diesel is the female clone of many names(daywrecker, original diesel, weasel diesel) she is the mother of sour diesel. a strain called dnl hermed in a room with original diesel and sour was born. dnl milsleadingly stands for diesel northern lights but the pedigree is actually made u of hawaiian, rfk skunk(another grateful dead lot skunk pre mass super skunk) and probly nl.

the hawaiian in the dnl added the stretchy nodes with the sweet/sour/slight lemon and awesome reflowerings shiny little sugar leaves.

original diesel's lineage is said to be chem91 x (mass super skunk/nl)= (original diesel )x DNL= upstate sour diesel.

theres also giesel which uses chem d instead of the skva91 chem. giesel cross was done by chemdog himself giesel aka gregs diesel. mass super skunk is a female clone of the original afghan T x skunk f1. since it was kept as cutting northern lights male was put to the MSS in order to select a true male to be used on the chem91 and chem d.

unlike most herm seed pops the original diesel and giesel were planned pairings by grower named weasel. because sour diesel was an accident. there is more then 1 sour diesel cutting

, the original diesel buds with dnl pollen led to dif phenos of sour when the herm seeds were grown out but the real main one is from the albany crew. there is also chaco sour diesel clone, this was recieved by chaco from a source close to the albany crew. and also the rez dog cut he used this to create his sour diesel ibl in 2000s. the albany cut is what was sold in jars nyc at one point commanding 100 bucks for 2 grams thru the courier services like cartoon network.

rez yields best chaco most difficult to grow but very potent.

rez sour1663037989150.png

albany sour
1663038063264.png

giesel
1663038551192.png

okay, shallow reply… that first screenshot has a post by a “monkeypaw67” omg that’s my new “the one who got away” cut… no plant is more resiny and coated, a kings ransom omg hmu lol

I am going to make some calls and ask for permission to post some uncomfortable truths about diesel. There are some generations of breeding that are missing in the internet lore and some folks who are not getting their share of love for the work.

How does everyone know this? Is it because it’s been said on the internet for a long time? I can point out that I am not aware of Phylos showing any connection between Chem91 and chemsis and sour diesel, but sour diesel does show a lot of clones and commection to Chem d and and 4 and stardawg.

So my real question then, since we *know* these details, when and where did this happen? If Chem91 was the mother than clearly it had to have been several months into 1991, right? Or maybe 1992? Earliest date? We are not talking about the 5a diesel of course also. I’ve read this stuff on the internet forever too, I know it’s controversial but since I don’t yet have permission to talk about some folks on the clear net, maybe we can piece this together. It’s shocking to question cannon we are all taught to believe, but this story is like so many of the weed stories, it isn’t quite right.

i talking about this when you see that it's the moment to cut it
i remember the sour jack doing the same balls at the end
picture was on the old forum but not save it

View attachment 64656
thanks man i have always been suspect of the mss/nl parent. i didnt get the cut from anyone close to the source so just doin some research thru the years. my original "old guy" teacher had a nice catalog of clone onlys from living/growing in florida. you just cant help but smile when ya walk in a room of diesel. do you know anymore about the "different" diesel clones(daywrecker?"

How does everyone know this? Is it because it’s been said on the internet for a long time? I can point out that I am not aware of Phylos showing any connection between Chem91 and chemsis and sour diesel, but sour diesel does show a lot of clones and commection to Chem d and and 4 and stardawg.

So my real question then, since we *know* these details, when and where did this happen? If Chem91 was the mother than clearly it had to have been several months into 1991, right? Or maybe 1992? Earliest date? We are not talking about the 5a diesel of course also. I’ve read this stuff on the internet forever too, I know it’s controversial but since I don’t yet have permission to talk about some folks on the clear net, maybe we can piece this together. It’s shocking to question cannon we are all taught to believe, but this story is like so many of the weed stories, it isn’t quite right.
well ever since things got friendlier in our country theres been a pretty big dissemination of specific info from the only people who would know- guys who popped the seeds to begin with. cannabis does not lend itself to dna or many other statistical methods. it has high pheno plasticity, is based on hops which has alot of non medelian inheritance issues, we are growing it for secondary metabolites which are more affected and altered by non dna forces. transcription changes due to methylation, adjustment to enviorment, gene copy number. being an obligate outcrosser and dioceious the only things we can know for sure is what a single clones story is. then you organize the stories and look up what might cause these plants to be so special. for haze this page is the best just read everything nevil ever wrote his pedigree and notation is second to none. far as sour etc other pages have a wealth of info. if u wana know about piff pcf has contributed to the most useful information for terpenes and cannabinoids by public releasing the sacred piff clone onlys to cultivate and test for profiles

I definitely agree piff from piff coast farms is a real asset to the scene. His harlem dreams cut smokes great, I like it more than the black (we used to call is hazers disrespectfully in the day and I do applogize, but I do prefer sd to black haze). Not trying to advertise for pcf by any means, however.

The best bag of sour I ever bought was at a string cheese show in Asheville nc, 2002 or 2003 I think. It was $60 for 2.8 g from a glassblower vendor and I would really like to know what that shit was. I’ve smoked daywrecker and it had much more flavor and a kinder high. What folks call the aj cut whether hydro or organic in soil, even past 100 days, was not that. It made my lips greasy and it was impossible not to smack after for a minute or more. Out of chem91, chemsis, chemd, chem4, and the og sour cross called headband, chem4 and headband both had some aspects to the stuff, but it was more like a pure sour diesel flavor, and not so chemmy.

I don’t know that the monkey paw is actually from 67 … and I don’t know what history is true, Columbian or Vietnam…. And it sure isn’t a time-sensitive fast cropper… but it was alive after tk got out everywhere and after sour was around…. I bet she’s alive and I definitely recommend anyone that she’s worth the work!

That is cool info on monkey paw. Nevils friend/apprentice dj9 has put a strong case together for Vietnam being ancestral progenitor of haze. After growing out a northern Vietnam line in isolated cat ba Island. This area is hound zero for diversity of sativa. using nevils pedigree notation for 1 to 1 matings compared to landraces of known origin is very fruitful for breeding plans

I’m not really positive it’s Vietnamese, despite being associated with the war. One of the last times I saw it, I had just finished smoking with my homie, and a random older friend stoped by. It was the most unbelievable thing but he walked in and said “I don’t believe it, it smells like monkey foot in here! I haven’t smelled that since (some insanely long date before)”. Neither of us knew he was around or stopping by or had said anything. He then explained to us that it was an old Columbian heirloom. So I can’t discount that. It’s notable to me that a lot of folks mis-guess Columbian a lot however and the timing of the cut and its association and legend with the vietnam war seem pretty likely! I have no idea how a cut that old is still alive but I do know for a fact that there are cuts from before 78 alive and well. Certainly fluorescents have been around a while and arc lamps have been sued to grow plants for some time, and then genes do stay around … zero apologies for the cut!

I have read that the cannabis that was adapted to the regions where they chew betel but was itself chewed with lime, both with and without the nut, in betel quids. The seeds had not been an issue for cooking but the chewing were undesired. So they did some very significant breeding there, starting at Aceh Indonesia around 1000 AD and spreading with the betel trade. I personally have been on the look for old heirlooms from the region based on the ethnobotanic history along this concept, but I just want monkey own back in my life bc she cuts straight through any pot from the 90s I’ve smoked (lol modern pot).

Quite a few… Mothership, 89NL5 noof x BCSC NL5, Pot of Gold (probably similar to Shanti’s shit as it was a Skunk x Afghan and had HUGE grenade like nugs and smelled like turd), a ruby red grapefruit pheno of Somas NYCD (not diesel at all, just sweet tangy grapefruit), Bodhi’s Aruba (have F1s but damn.. amazing banana bread, nutmeg, exotic Jamaican like line), and a few others i can’t recall right now… Snowcap for sure. Beaster like nugs that smelled like pinesol and lemon. Ripping sativa.
a great Satori and it’s progeny via a cross GooeyBreeders Pure Gooey x The Flav.

Back