The Never Ending Story- Increasing knowledge and understanding

Apollo

The purpose of this thread is to create a separate space where we can discuss, debate, share our knowledge, talk about strains and stories from the past.
Any subject is welcome please feel free to join the discussion. šŸ™

Is Amnesia a Super Silver Haze rare pheno?

Iā€™ve read that the amnesia that won the cup initially was SSH, and that it was the seed mother that they used for the offerings, which were different.

I actually hadnā€™t ever seen amnesia until recently. It seemed like Jack herer to me more than ssh. Maybe just the pheno? But Iā€™d have called it ā€œsuper Jack terpsā€

Iā€™ve read that the amnesia that won the cup initially was SSH, and that it was the seed mother that they used for the offerings, which were different.

I actually hadnā€™t ever seen amnesia until recently. It seemed like Jack herer to me more than ssh. Maybe just the pheno? But Iā€™d have called it ā€œsuper Jack terpsā€
Nevil said "Super Silver Haze, Jack Herer and Diesel are not different lineages, they are the same cutting!"

I found Shiva Skunk very similar to Jack here also.

-SaveTheBrains

And shall we talk about AK-47 which was also run into the ground? Contributing to White Russian and Chronic? Seedfinder sez 286 direct descendants from Serious Seeds' AK47 listed in their strain database. How many companies have a me-too by the same name? Current Seedfinder lists 27102 strains. My guess is most of these had their origin in a handful of seeds held by a handful of seed makers. And IMJ, Nev and Shanti were the primary OG players.
Speaking of which, did you hear about the recent bust in Russia? 400 plants- Over 600 kg. total they say.

mu

And shall we talk about AK-47 which was also run into the ground? Contributing to White Russian and Chronic? Seedfinder sez 286 direct descendants from Serious Seeds' AK47 listed in their strain database. How many companies have a me-too by the same name? Current Seedfinder lists 27102 strains. My guess is most of these had their origin in a handful of seeds held by a handful of seed makers. And IMJ, Nev and Shanti were the primary OG players.
Speaking of which, did you hear about the recent bust in Russia? 400 plants- Over 600 kg. total they say.

mu
Never heard about this bust :Dwhat plants they where and produced that much? or whit what they have injected them:D

-SaveTheBrains

RT Dec 27,2022

Massive cannabis bust in Russia
Two men turned a disused cow barn into a huge marijuana warehouse, Kherson officials say

Police officers in Russiaā€™s Kherson region have discovered a deserted cow barn filled with cannabis, local law enforcement announced on Tuesday. The building held a total of 123 containers of marijuana as well as over 400 hemp plants.

According to the police report, the total mass of the seized drugs amounted to 666 kg.

A video published by the Russian news outlet ā€˜MVD media,ā€™ and shared by the regional police departmentā€™s official Telegram channel, purports to show the deserted barn filled with rows of large cardboard boxes and huge piles of what appear to be cut and dried hemp plants.

A search is underway for other potential storage sites and cultivation spots, police said, adding that two suspects aged 49 and 37 were detained as part of a probe into ā€œillegal drug production and trade on a massive scale.ā€ The identities of the suspects have not been revealed.

The police raid on the barn appears to be one of the largest known drug seizures in the Kherson region, which borders Ukraine, since it joined Russia. Previously, local law enforcement reported detaining locals possessing between 100 and 600 grams of cannabis on numerous occasions...

It seemed like Jack herer to me more than ssh.

Jack and SSH share a parent this is established(should check wich one), but the end product is on the other side of the spectrum regarding correspondance to SSH. I made a Jack selection so i know their phenos. The only jack pheno (i found) that would trick you to think you smoke a haze is the long flowering "hazy" pheno, which is not peppery like the "toasted bread" and "pepper" pheno.

if i can add that a real Jack pheno is something you can't mistake for something else. Jack is very very caracteristic, like SSH is, on a other side of the terp spectrum. Both are legends among legends.

______________________________________________________________​

@everyone Don't talk to me about Gelato or Wedding shit if you don't know what a White widow is or SSH or White Rhino, NotherLight... etc.
Know your classics before experimenting. otherwise your standards will be rigged. Understand me, how would you judge californian wine if you have no clue about traditional french pinot noir, gamay or merlot.

edit: :unsure: i realise i may have miss understood your post. excuse my non-english native, if i'm out of context.

Last edited:
My guess is most of these had their origin in a handful of seeds held by a handful of seed makers. And IMJ, Nev and Shanti were the primary OG players.

you kidding, right ? You know well that 90% of modern named strains are named that way(silly names) to make you forget that this is a, cross of G13haze and some indica bullshit.
This is well minded/forged to make sure the consumer buy a name rather than pedigree. Don't bother the origin of the breed just mind give us 100 bucks. have you seen what TheHellseeds produces ?

all this bullshit to make sure consumer forget that....: IMJ, Nev and Shanti were the primary OG players.

Last edited:
you kidding, right ? You know well that 90% of modern named strains are named that way(silly names) to make you forget that this is a, cross of G13haze and some indica bullshit.
This is well minded/forged to make sure the consumer buy a name rather than pedigree. Don't bother the origin of the breed just mind give us 100 bucks. have you seen what TheHellseeds produces ?

all this bullshit to make sure consumer forget that....: IMJ, Nev and Shanti were the primary OG players.
Who is IMJ?

mu
AK-47 (and not the good one, a remake) was also the female father of ā€œthe whiteā€ what was once called tk. I kinda suspect ak was descended from bubblegum (despite not seeming like it at all) and a skunk cross. I see the cherry cut sometimes traded by the regular one was sick too, Iā€™m not a huge fan of a lot of cherry strains and I donā€™t know the cherry strains.

Hey so about amnesiaā€¦ and Jack. So Iā€™ve seen a lot of things called Jack that all have a taste which is like haze c, which which I associate as being from hitting haze c progeny to one another. Amnesia had the same flavor to me. If I had to guess what I thought it was from a single jar seen far from its center Iā€™d suggest it was ssh x jack herer. Now Iā€™m not very qualified bc Iā€™m not an amnesia head, but yā€™all seem to know the flower well and Iā€™m curious what you think.

These are posts that were transferred from the Auction forum:

View attachment 68420
DEFCON 1 , there are 3 main alternative school of thoughts on this. Don't hate me for saying this i understand this could trigger many people. I don't wanna start a burnin debate.
But if you wanna, i'm in.

1. Amnesia share a parent with SSH (should check wich one i can't remember)
2. Amnesia is a rare SSH pheno
3. Nonsense!! Amnesia has nothing to do with SOme MAn but rather with Highest pros NL.

If you ask me, i'd say 1. or 3. make a lot of sense. I smoked Amnesia at the begenning (around 2002) at Toermalijn in Tilburg one of the most awarded Coffeeshop.
I never grew Amnesia, because what i experienced at Toermalijn made me really think this was very very very close to SSH.
I respect SOme MAn i use lot of his organic technics. It's just sade what they became over the past decade.

This is a neverending story and we will never know the real story. So there is no point for going further... or Is it šŸ¤”
Let see what, someone, somewhere, have to say about this, claiming a whole investigation on the topic...(thanks to the messenger but the important here is the message, so no credit sorry)

QUOTE: 2009 investigation by L******

I am not here to talkshit about people,(meaning he probably will) i dont want to be banned to write this story , i made this investigation , it's a personal point of view , completely subjective... i am not here to get SOme MAn down... Just want the TRUTH (really hard in thoses times and even more in a still illegal stuff like cannabis)

<-------------------------------------------->

All this amnesia story really began to annoy me, so i decide to think (yes it sometimes happens) and begin to investigate a little...
First of all, Soma said that the amnesia haze is a cross between a South East Asian crossed to an afghanni and a jamaican (high times, issue from october 2008)

NDLR, WE Skip lie 1 and 2 they don't have nothing to do with our topic.

The third lie is more in harmony with the thread cuz it concerns the amnesia haze.

Surprising that this amnesia haze which come from nowhere in a period where Soma looks like to have losed his freaky inventiveness, bahhh, yes cross every strains to the g13/haze male( from Neville, what a work Soma reflect a loose of speed...
But even so this amnesia is THE winner and it's pedigree has changed from south east asian crossed to an afghanni and a jamaican, to : laotian crossed to the Afghan/hawaaian male (from shantibaba, what a work soma )...
So you suppose well that i don't make this post only to break sugar on soma's back (french expression which means talkshitting) wiht uberknown facts

Hy-Pro have been gaining cup places with "Amnesia" since 1996/97

Ok I think we can confirm that Amnesia [Hy-Pro] is the real deal original Amnesia that grows about NL. Interesting to learn that it's an indica dom. strain that has been since exclusive to the underground /coffeeshop fraternity in Holland. This one has already been cloned and passed on for future keeping. the plant we've got is Pushtu to the rass,, with health and vigor to match.

Hy Pro are well established Dutch seedbreeders [sometimes sold as royal queen brand, maybe others] many people have not yet heard of, they produced, or are at least the people who marketed Amnesia, & have done for several years.

Somthing IS worrying me in this whole story, why did soma choose in 2003 to create a strain copying the name of a weed already known everywhere in holland and adding the word haze after (yes that makes sell but that doesn't explain everything) and claiming after that the cross come from a laotian x afghanni/hawaaian , especially when this hypro amnesia is winning cups since 1996

Esco said:

In the "Brabant"(near Zeeland) they have it to the growshop Groenvinger in Hoogerheide, it has the odor typically amnesia , the only problem is that it makes some indicas nuggets, so don't know where it comes from.

me said:

Mee too, i read that it exists a commercial clone of amnesia (not haze) which makes some hard indica nuggets well known in the south of holland with the great (too much) strong taste of amnesia, i must remember where i read that

It is almost confirmed in the next quote from Karma genetics (Happy brother )

Karma said:

This Amnesia is related to the Cup winning cut from Hy-Pro (South Holland). It is almost the same just got a very strong bubblegum smell during flower, And in my eyes gives a litle more punch, Its not soma's amnesia haze.

So we learn that the winning amnesia from Karma genetics is derived from the winning hypro cut since 1996, yes i grant u that we are really turning around in the actual breeding but it's already nice from karma to give us some additionals clues :yeahthats (THX to him)

Karma said:

The Hypro cut about 9 to 10 weeks.

The cut i run 10 to 11 weeks.

Karma said:

Hy-pro has been runnin there Amnesia for a long time. Many coffeeshops have used there cut for entry's. The Hy-pro amnesia cut is sold all over the south of holland for years.
Also to clearify i think the cut Core runs is also the same Amnesia cut as in the shops here in the south the HY-Pro cut.
The cut i run is just slighty different. (in my eyes just that little extra) It stretches even more then the Original Hy-pro cut. Yields are about the same, just more Bubblegum smell during flower, and a just litle more foxtail.

Amnesia is a eazy to grow not to long flowering super tasting herb with a real strong punch. Simply a winner.
Also for breeding she is great giving off here fatty cristals, making a dryer sativa strain very fatty.
I am looking forward to the test's with my Jack O Nesia cross. This is going to be a real Fatty eazy hazy sativa hybrid.

So all thoses texts make me think to one of a sentence which i said 5 months ago on this topic (it's just below ) Did soma take a uberknown cut and pollenised it with his G13/haze male ???

Me8monthsago said:

When we see that the amnesia HAZE was done at the exact same time that the popping of the loved g13/haze male , only survivor on 10 neville's seeds...

He maybe only dusted an ubberknown cut with his cherished male cut ?? That couldn't be improbable that a weed like amnesia haze countains some OH genpool ...
Some amnesia make me really think to a hazy background or maybe it's the laotian influence...
We have also remember that soma changed several times the "recipe" and that could explain various pheno on the web, good and really bad...

So to Conclude , in my country, it's really easy to buy some amnesia but it's expensive and you find A LOT of Pheno , but my goodness when i tried the Amnesia core (or the SSH Moppel šŸ˜† ) i directly found back this Amnesialicious taste , like in Toermalijn , the PERFECT AMNESIA

But , even to that time , i said in my reports that my SSH smelled like a kind of amnesia, even shantibaba said it

SSH Shanti said:

A winner of multiple awards including 97,98 and 99 HTCC as well as it being called by other names in various different countries such as Amnesia haze, the Bomb etc

ME9monthsago said:

A dried Bud smells really spicy/Floral , when you grind it , the aroma which comes out is really powerfull withouth being sickly like a Diesel , When you light the joint and smoke the first toke , a Strong High invades you pretty quickly , The smoke is heavy withouth being totally unpleasant , The taste of the smoke is a mix of fuity/spicy/floral , It's a real pleasure to smoke this strain whatever the moment of the day , this pheno makes me think about a Amnesia Haze but not so Strong & Nauseating , I would say the High & the taste are more subtle too , Smoking that weed is a real pleasure...

I want also add that i tested 3 phenos of Amnesia hypro and the three samples smelled the amesia odor , some more diluted .... the boss of HyPro said to me , that the original amnesia is a Pure afghani crossed to a Neville Haze Male

So it's not so surprising that the amnesia haze is in fact some SSH cuz there are a lot of coffeeshops wich are selling Brillliant Haze, Diamond Haze(Toermalijn), Amnesia haze and i have to admit that all thoses samples taste the SSH taste ... or a generic haze taste...

END OF QUOTE 2009 by L******

here is my(tetsuo) research to prove the Toermalijn story. I personnaly confirm what it is said in this thread being myself at Toermalijn around 1999/2000.

View attachment 68421

Cherry Noir, French Cannolli cut only. we on same page ? (i have it)

i made this home cross, and in the industry it is called apollo haze. (Nothing to do with Amnesia).

Also, see ? MNS genetics is the start point of every other seed company. šŸ˜…

Apollo was the God of oracles, healing, archery, music and arts, sunlight, knowledge, herds and flocks, and protection of the young.

Apollo Haze is a collaborative creation of Brothers Grimm and their internet friend, ā€œhas_some_sense.ā€ To create Apollo Haze, the Brothers Grimm pollinated a special Genius clone with a Super Silver Haze x Cinderella 99 ā€œThe Grailā€ cut. The offspring that resulted turned out to be outstanding, expressing vigorous growth and strong morphology to support the delicious, resinous buds the plant produces. Apollo Haze has a sweet, fruity aroma and balanced effects that tend to leave the consumer feeling happy and uplifted.

Is it you the Internet friend Tetsuo?

-SaveTheBrains

This is the code name of their... Jack Herer, wich was found in a bag of amsterdam weed.
That is so sad they do that putting to much sauce

I wish all the companies to just be more honest with their work.

I see no bad think for someone to admit the real origins of their special Phenos, seeds or strains.

I will be always proud to say I found this seed by luck from a bag weed or I found in a straw of Mr nice auction or from my friend Alex or or or
Just say the dam truth.

-SaveTheBrains

Last edited:
Back