Super Silver Haze - Pheno Hunting - Electric Sky LED CoCo Grow

I came across a video of a DIY aeroponic cloner and it actually got my mind off of “flowering” for a minute and got me excited about the actual cloning process. I decided to build one in hopes it will simplify and speed up the cloning process. I like the idea of being able to see the root growth process and the whole thing just looks super cool!

I have the tub filled with water and later today it should be fully dechlorinated. I’m going to take some more cuttings and hopefully have some nice beefy roots on my clones by early next week! Will upload a photo of the cloner in action later today as well as a shot of my giant mother plants.
Ime cuttings from flowering plants have rooted quicker than non flowering . So put them to flower and take cuttings in about 2 weeks from he lower branches which are usually lollipopped anyway. And those cuttings branch great once revegged.

Could use your help folks.. what do you think, possibly Calcium deficiency from other examples I’ve seen.. it’s only happening this bad on one plant on the biggest leaves. 7053C275-AF87-4F71-9875-57BD4B6B6FC6.jpeg

Hello TGTDE!

Sorry to see your plant like that! A calcium deficiency possibly caused by low PH at the roots is a reasonable place to start looking. Good Luck and let us know what you find out!

Longball

Ca deficiency typically affects new growth not mature leaves. Doesn't appear you have stunting from here. Looking more K lockout to me. The degree of necrosis is apparent and depending on stage of growth, discard fan leaf if not needed. If you have been transplanting in coco, pH can go off quick with salt build up. Give a check. A good flush might be in order. Opinions may appear larger than they are lol.

mu

Well brah, how are the plants, what remedy did you decide on?

mu
Hey everyone, so I did recently buy a bluelab soil / medium PH pen. So i got off my lazy arse and calibrated it, watched some youtube videos and checked the PH of the coco. It was way off! The plant affected most, (the male, plant #1) had a soil ph range of 4.3-4.5! I watered them all with 6.0 ph dechlorinated water a couple times since and added a top dressing of bloom dry amendments. They've been in flower for about a week now and all the plants bounced back tremendously! Pictures to come shortly.

Plant #10 has overtaken #1 for the strongest, most pungent smell but their smells are incredibly similar in fragrance and strenght. I'm thinking the offspring of the two would have the potential to be quite special. The male has a very hollow main stem (and branches, checked when topping / removing branches), the structure is great and growth was vigorous up until the PH problem. It also bounced back really quick.. so he's resilient. Not to mention the stem rub has been incredibly strong since very early on.

The clones I took of plant #2 and #6 have new growth starting and will be transplanted in the next week. I had to retake clones of plant #8, #10 and (the male) #1... it's a long story. They're in rapid rotters and hoping to see roots poking out in the next 4-5 days. They look like they're doing much better than the first round of clones.

Last edited:
🎉 **UPDATE TIME ** 🎉

Plants 2,6,8 and 10 are our females.
Each have been successfully cloned. The only seed mothers kept are plant #6, #8 and #10. They have been under 12/12 for two weeks and look vigorous and healthy. I’m hoping I’ll be able to contain these three, to 3/4 of the 4x4 with the help of a scrog net.

I can’t quite remember how many weeks SSH usually stretches for?? (But the stretch hasn’t been too crazy these first 10 day or so)

The lone male we kept, (plant #1) is going under a separate light, in a separate space. Going to collect some pollen and hopefully successfully pollinate a single branch from each of the females with a paint brush.

Edit 11/7:

I had them all cloned and I decided to flower out plant 2 at a later date. The reason - I started 4 more seeds!! I was in search of a more sativa pheno. 3 of those 4 ended up being female, and 2 seem to have much more sativa-esque leaves!! I put them in to the flower tent at a young age because I had to contain them to 1/4 of this 4x4. I only kept a clone from the most sativa leaning of the 3 ladies.. space has become an issue!!

Last edited:
🎉 **UPDATE TIME ** 🎉

I can’t quite remember how many weeks SSH usually stretches for?? (But the stretch hasn’t been too crazy these first 10 day or so)

Hi TGTDE,

The stretch depends on the pheno!
It could be anywhere from 3/4 weeks to 5/6 (I would expect...).

They are looking good, any peculiar smell noticeable? (Stem rub).

I'm following this grow.

Hi TGTDE,

The stretch depends on the pheno!
It could be anywhere from 3/4 weeks to 5/6 (I would expect...).

They are looking good, any peculiar smell noticeable? (Stem rub).

I'm following this grow.

Im not very good with describing smells. Have to purchase an incense / essential oils kit to get a better grasp on that. I can definitely say there is nothing fruity so far. #10 and the male #1 have an almost identical strong pungent cat pissy smell to them. Other than that #6 smell is getting stronger but can’t describe at the moment. #2 is currently a more mild similar smell to #6.

Attaching a couple pics in a minute!

Plant #1 - Male - “The Survivor!”

D23BC0F6-D478-42E1-B1D3-05815C2224AC.jpeg
I have him away from the females. 3 weeks in to flower and already starting to drop some pollen. Not sure if there’s a best week, or time to collect the male pollen?? But going to research / do that soon and then likely kill this big guy. I have it cloned in case he turns out to be some incredible male for breading.

Last edited:
Plant #6 - Female - “The Late bloomer” . Didn’t catch my eye until recently. Has handled all the poor growing conditions I could throw at her with grace. Seems to be thriving now that I have things a bit more under control. Looking like she could be a strong producer (for her size) and the smell has been steadily increasing over the last few weeks. All the ladies looking like hairy beasts so far lol. I believe Sunday or Monday will mark the start of week 4 of flower.
C73A1E88-C64D-46BE-A46D-AF11E4690BF8.jpeg

Last edited:
Plant 8 - Female - “The Runt” - Was the smallest, slowest growing and had a little discolouration as a seedling, but has been resilient and looks promising. The shortest and bushiest of the ladies. Expecting her to be indica leaning but we’ll see.
C020528F-C890-4D6E-80E6-AEDB4907E40A.jpeg

Last edited:
Plant 10 - Female - “The Front Runner” this lady showed her hand early, strong smells even in veg. I have a few clones of her cause I have a feeling she’ll be special. Nice structure, lots of flower sites. I have run into some sort of problem as you can see in the photo attached. Will recheck the medium PH tomorrow, likely add some cal mag to my watering and see if that helps.

525F090D-CA75-48DC-8B8A-61E78F6964DE.jpeg

Last edited:
They're in rapid rotters

This does not sound promising! Damn spellcheck!:) Your room is looking great. I wonder if some gypsum or dolomite in your mix might not help with PH issues. Worth a thought next run. The other thing i would add is a good quality compost from a sand and soil yard. I believe Shanti recommends this or the equivalent soil mix these yards sell. This would also help with PH buffering and lessen the need to feed with water. Also some seaweed meal mixed into your soil mix could help keep things happy down therebut that may already be in your fertilizer mix. If it was me I would topdress with some compost or worm castings and stop fertilizing, if you are. Give them either straight water or water with seaweed diluted in it and let the topdressing gently feed them. I don't need to PH with this method either. Peace man✌

Last edited:
This does not sound promising! Damn spellcheck!:) Your room is looking great. I wonder if some gypsum or dolomite in your mix might not help with PH issues. Worth a thought next run. The other thing i would add is a good quality compost from a sand and soil yard. I believe Shanti recommends this or the equivalent soil mix these yards sell. This would also help with PH buffering and lessen the need to feed with water. Also some seaweed meal mixed into your soil mix could help keep things happy down therebut that may already be in your fertilizer mix. If it was me I would topdress with some compost or worm castings and stop fertilizing, if you are. Give them either straight water or water with seaweed diluted in it and let the topdressing gently feed them. I don't need to PH with this method either. Peace man✌
Thanks crazyhorse, sounds like solid advice at least to my novice ears lol. I’m going to topdress with some worm castings and yes next time likely going to add some dolomite as suggested. Perhaps some compost too!

Thanks crazyhorse, sounds like solid advice at least to my novice ears lol. I’m going to topdress with some worm castings and yes next time likely going to add some dolomite as suggested. Perhaps some compost too!
As far as dolomite goes I am not a scientist but some people have strong views about it and do not use it.
They prefer gypsum. Some chemical hoodoo going on.
At this stage, I am using both but moving towards just using gypsum.
Mainly because in an organic mix there really is no need to adjust Ph, you just want the calcium.
What I do is lift my pots to tell if they need water.
Overwatering is problematic.
I wait until they feel light then water.
Feel them when they are watered as a comparison (they should feel heavy).
Wait until you know they are drinking.
Seems to work for me.
Peace man ✌

Last edited:
Back