Super Silver Haze - Pheno Hunting - Electric Sky LED CoCo Grow

The early Vegas line opened as a "Pick 'Em"! Careful scrutiny of the pictures make me think it is positively a female or male! 1st pic reminds me of female, 2nd pic makes me think male :unsure: Check back in 24 hours as I'm sure the Vegas line will move as the 'smart money' comes in!

Longball

both female
100%
but
RutRoh, keep a close eye out.

View attachment 53333

Thanks for having my back, but earlier in the day I transplanted them into 3 gallon pots and when I flipped them upside down a bunch of dry coco fell all over the plants. Got most of it off but with the zoom there’s clearly some small stuff left on there. Good eye!! 😳

Side note: The fabric 1 gallon pots really kept the roots from developing around the edge of the pot…

C34143F1-51CB-4E10-A6EE-8BD438A3A1C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Plant 1, 6 and 7 appear to be female.
Plant 2 and 4 appear to be male but not culling anything yet. (Likely will be taking pollen from the best male for the future / fun)

As for plants 8, 9 and 10 (I forgot to label them after their transplant… so I need to see if I can identify based on old photos) One looks to be for sure female and the other two aren’t showing yet.

I came to my senses and picked up a 4x4 gorilla grow tent. I was a bit insane to think I could grow these all in a 2 foot by 4 foot tent. Life has been very busy but I’ll be taking clones tomorrow (actually this time). Once they’ve rooted and had a week or two of veg we’ll be finally heading in to flower!!

When you say pray do you mean, just before dry looking?

Use a drip irrigation setup with little/often like every 2 hrs for 1-2 min.
Giving them just enough.
Pretty easy to rig up with bucket-pump-pipe-drippers. I use varidrips at 3lh they get about 50ml minute X 10

I heard that's how SB does his also

When you say pray do you mean, just before dry looking?

Use a drip irrigation setup with little/often like every 2 hrs for 1-2 min.
Giving them just enough.
Pretty easy to rig up with bucket-pump-pipe-drippers. I use varidrips at 3lh they get about 50ml minute X 10

I heard that's how SB does his also
Cannabis plants will raise their leaves toward the lights and it looks like they’re sort of praising or praying towards the lights when they’re real happy with the environmental conditions. I’ve been able to get them to do it a bit since posting the question. I was just so surprised at the size of the leaves I wasn’t sure if they could lift them up to “pray”.

Thanks for the tips on the auto drip. I’m going to keep things old school and hand water for now. But if I drown my girls any more than I already have I might have to automate it lol.

Cannabis plants will raise their leaves toward the lights and it looks like they’re sort of praising or praying towards the lights when they’re real happy with the environmental conditions. I’ve been able to get them to do it a bit since posting the question. I was just so surprised at the size of the leaves I wasn’t sure if they could lift them up to “pray”.

Thanks for the tips on the auto drip. I’m going to keep things old school and hand water for now. But if I drown my girls any more than I already have I might have to automate it lol.

Got enough perlite so you shouldn't be over watering so easy.

I did automation because I'd often forget to feed in later flower and find some leaves shriveled up. Underside I guess with smaller pot's they drink fast.

Quick summary. Look like I was wrong about plant #1..

Seed 3 and 5 never germinated (I drown them)

Plant 2, 6, 8 and 10 are 100% Female
- Clones taken but not yet rooted.

Plant 1, 4, 7 and 9 - 90% confident are Male.

Might keep #1 pollen or clone, rest will be culled 🥺.

Last edited:
I know I'm late appears female ime. What was it?
Edit:like @n2ishun said wait till 1212 . Hard to believe #1 is a male

Turns out I’m not a great cloner. Still waiting for them to root. Was going to send the clones in to flower once they had a week to veg but now I’m considering sending the large plants in to flower and keeping the clones as mothers. Haven’t had much time to devote to the plants, they’ve been a bit neglected. Hopefully will have some plants under 12/12 or 10/14 light in 7-10 days!

Last edited:
Turns out I’m not a great cloned. Still waiting for them to root. Was going to send the clones in to flower once they had a week to veg but now I’m considering sending the large plants in to flower and keeping the clones as mothers. Haven’t had much time to devote to the plants, they’ve been a bit neglected. Hopefully will have some plants under 12/12 or 10/14 light in 7-10 days!
I know how it is bro . Life gets in the way. How do you clone btw . Maybe it can be tweaked to get better results. First thing I can advise is to make sure you have a node under the soil/in the plug. The nodes shoot roots faster than bare stem. Keep on trying .

Hi TGTDE,

Well it's not the end of the world, you can take clones even far in to flower from your mom's. I know growers that do this as a standard. They are more focused on terpenes and they will germinate larger amount of seed. Keep these in small containters untill after the second week of bloom and then transplanting them into slightly larger pots. They only start taking clones when they notice an exeptional female (even far into flower). This way they can explore a line but I do feel that they could miss a special lady this way. They do take clones from parts that are showing lesser flowers (more around the base of the plant) and place them in 20/4 light schedule.

Keep trying, you will learn it! (temps are for me most important, to cold and the roots form much harder and slower).

Flowering from seed is certainly an option, keep in mind that these genetics have the potential to stretch! so i suggest a transplant in larger pots after the stretch, and otherwise you will learn how to bend your plants 😅

Just wanted to say everyone here has been so incredible with all the comments, suggestions and input. It has all been greatly appreciated. I’ve been struggling to find the time and energy to properly tend to the garden as this cloning speed bump has taken the wind out of my sails!!

I was able to get a couple rooted clones from my first attempt but it feels like it has taken forever and a couple moms are still in need of clones!!

I’m getting impatient and want to get in to flower already!! I’m trying to remember to enjoy the entire journey but I’m so damn excited to get to the destination and try this herb!!

At this point my mother plants are too large for my space to be putting in to flower…so I NEED to get clones, give them a week or so to veg and finally move on to the next part of this journey —> 🌸

Last edited:
I came across a video of a DIY aeroponic cloner and it actually got my mind off of “flowering” for a minute and got me excited about the actual cloning process. I decided to build one in hopes it will simplify and speed up the cloning process. I like the idea of being able to see the root growth process and the whole thing just looks super cool!

I have the tub filled with water and later today it should be fully dechlorinated. I’m going to take some more cuttings and hopefully have some nice beefy roots on my clones by early next week! Will upload a photo of the cloner in action later today as well as a shot of my giant mother plants.

Back