Super Silver Haze - Pheno Hunting - Electric Sky LED CoCo Grow

I wish I had a safe when I lived home. My grandmother stole a 1/2 pound from me!
--------

Longball: "what's in the safe?"

musashi: "I'm diggin the little flowers on the side!"

Pretty sure we grew up in different neighborhoods! o_O

Sorry for the hijack, TGTDE! Glad the transplant went well. Plants are looking very healthy!

Longball

I used to have one of those safes but sold it quite some time ago.
Most people don't realize but them lil suckers are at least 100lbs empty since the walls are concrete filled.
Got tired of having to move it around.

Thanks n2ishun, not sure what to tell ya.. They came straight out of my SSH MNS Auction win pack.

Hello,

I find that sativa dominant hybrides like SSH will always show broader leaves when then arn't sexually mature yet.
Compare the shape when the plant are 6-8 weeks old (period when you start tot see alternating nodes) and I'm sure that there will be more sativa-leaves visible!).

I ran an auction pack 3 years ago en I remember that there was a lot of variation but a lot of quality to be seen to.

I stil have a 13-14 week keeper with the most delicate warm incense smell en and flavor and a long lasting balanced high. There was even a 16 weeker with a sweater incense smell that I to this day regret of not keeping :-(

Make clonesof every plant!

…I find that sativa dominant hybrides like SSH will always show broader leaves when then arn't sexually mature yet.
Compare the shape when the plant are 6-8 weeks old (period when you start tot see alternating nodes) and I'm sure that there will be more sativa-leaves visible!).
I ran an auction pack 3 years ago en I remember that there was a lot of variation but a lot of quality to be seen to…
…Make clones of every plant!…
Truth in what @Swifty says. Excellent insight!

Mu

This makes me feel better! Thanks. I do enjoy indicas, so I’m fine with some indica leaners. BUT everyone raves about the hazes / sativa leaning phenos of the MNS strains. I’m hoping for a least a taste of the “tiva” lol.

Definitely cloning them all!!

Hello,

I find that sativa dominant hybrides like SSH will always show broader leaves when then arn't sexually mature yet.

I ran an auction pack 3 years ago en I remember that there was a lot of variation but a lot of quality to be seen to.

I stil have a 13-14 week keeper with the most delicate warm incense smell en and flavor and a long lasting balanced high. There was even a 16 weeker with a sweater incense smell that I to this day regret of not keeping :-(

Well since the comment about my leaves looking wide, I’ve searched nearly every SSH grow looking for phenos similar to mine.

Congratulations for your plants, they look super healthy. Keep the good work!

My ssh also started with broad leaves, over time half of them started to grow more sativa-looking leaves, and 2 out of 9 females ended up with very thin leaves. Finally, Im keeping two broad leaf phenos, one 11 weeks, and the other 14 weeks at 11/13. They both really remind me of the jack herer phenos of the early 2000s. As soon as I can, I'll buy more ssh seeds, I didn't keep any male and i wanna do a ton of f2 💼

After a few days away, they are looking pretty good and have grown quite a bit. The 3 that were started later have been transplanted to 1 gallon pots. The rest in 1 gallon pots are looking like they are in need of a bigger home. Will be putting them in their 3 gallon homes (or possibly 5 gallon homes) tomorrow. Unfortunately not enough time in the day these days! 7E8F68B6-A86D-4B5E-BE01-98D3D8288613.jpeg

Hello,

As you predicted, the leaves of the newest growth are already far less broad.

They are sure looking like healthy specimens!
Assume you have not sexed them yet and not sure how much head room you have brah. Once 12/12 occurs, SSH can attain incredible heights in short order. A suggestion might be to consider sexing them now in existing pots. Once confirmed, transfer the females to their final pots. I find it time and space saving as well as economical.

🤙Mu

I have almost 8 feet, (2.4 metres) to work with for height. I was thinking of taking Shanti’s advice and keep the seed plants as mothers & use clones to flower. If only I knew how many females I was working with lol!!

Only plant showing preflowers appears to be plant 2 and still to early to tell what sex..

Last edited:
As you predicted, the leaves of the newest growth are already far less broad.
Nice to see!
They are in good health, nice job so far!
I like the shape of the leaves so far, some nice serations of the leaves. Some will become even more thinner as they become more mature. The plants that show sex later will be more sativa-influenced.

I usually grow the seeds, take cuttings as the plant mature en flowers those cuttings as soon as they are rooted. Thats is for me the fastest way to sex them ( it happens regularly that the clones tell me the gender, before the mother plants do).

Do regular stem rubs on the plants, as they become mature they will start to give special scents (My keeper SSH gave some incense smell from stem rub but only after the plant matured well).

Looking forward to see the progress!

Back