Super Silver Haze - Pheno Hunting - Electric Sky LED CoCo Grow

Quick shot taken just now. Day 11 above dirt for the larger ones, Day 5 for the smaller three.

Definitely made a few dumb, rookie mistakes over the past week but I think I have things dialed back in now.
Plants have improved greatly over the last 24 hours.

So far I’ve overwatered a couple times - I heard you can’t overwater with coco but I’m starting to think that’s a lie (or my worm castings are keeping the medium too wet for seedlings).

Also thinking the medium I used may also be a little too hot nutrient wise for the seedlings - Next run I’ll skip the worm castings until their first transplant and it should help with both issues.

I also had the light dimmer too intense for a day and the leaves looked like they were crisping up.

All things considered, I’m really happy with how well they’ve bounced back over the last 36 hours!

B830F3BD-40F5-43AA-991F-D3F30BA87977.jpeg

Last edited:
Monday Morning Update. All seem to be doing great (except for #8 which hasn’t been able to support itself for the last few days..) Unsure if seed 8 will make it, or even be worth growing out if it does, but I’m not giving up on it yet.

Day 16 above dirt for the larger ones.
Day 11 above dirt for the smaller three.

368E256D-8EA3-438F-A9CB-246054A01568.jpeg

Hello TGTDE!

I had a 'seed 8' last year. At one point I was sure it had died. It did grow and was the smallest plant in the litter. Surprisingly, it was also the most potent! Hopefully, something like that will happen with 'seed 8'! :) Otherwise, they look good! Wishing you Good Luck!

Longball

Quick question for those of you with SSH growing experience. Can you get these plants to “pray” or are their leaves too large to be held up like the classic praying position?

I've grown SSH a few times and have never had that wide of leaves.
Most any plant will do the *praying* thing, but everything needs to be absolutely perfect.....moisture, PH, nutes, temp, humidity....I mean everything has to be perfectly perfect.

I've grown SSH a few times and have never had that wide of leaves.
Most any plant will do the *praying* thing, but everything needs to be absolutely perfect.....moisture, PH, nutes, temp, humidity....I mean everything has to be perfectly perfect.

Thanks n2ishun, not sure what to tell ya.. They came straight out of my SSH MNS Auction win pack.

Well since the comment about my leaves looking wide, I’ve searched nearly every SSH grow looking for phenos similar to mine.

Seen a few that looked close but none quite as wide…

Hopefully I just have some very NL (or skunk?) dominant SSH plants and there wasn’t a packaging / labeling mix up..

Regardless, still very excited for the final product!

Last edited:
I have read different light spectrums can alter leaf shape so maybe that’s playing a part as well. These lights supposedly shave 1-2 weeks off your grow due to their special wideband spectrum including far red / IR which increases growth rate and photosynthesis. A lot of people online claiming it is true.. we shall see.

5 larger plants are getting transplanted today or tomorrow. Overall very happy with how the grow is going.

Photo is from yesterday afternoon.
5050DA8C-7C84-4F82-B46E-4071D9B69CC6.jpeg

Last edited:
Would you guys consider this root bound / waiting too long?

The guy I watch on YouTube (Mr Canucks Grow) usually lets his get around this point, then he transplants. He seems to grow impressive plants with solid yields.. 8A0A3BFD-7D09-4F83-91A8-B09F8D6D4E5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Definitely root bound, was right time to up-pot.
Lighting will not make difference in leaf shape, only leaf size. Outdoors leaves get bigger under the sun, you cannot duplicate true sunlight no matter what the lighting manufacturers say.
Overall, looking real good.
Watch the one in the 3 gallon outgrow the others....just watch.

Hello TGTDE!

Curious, what's in the safe? Seeds? Is the safe fireproof?

Longball

Now a-days just sentimental items I want safe if a fire were to occur in the house. Yup, I believe it’s fire rated to keep items safe for 3 - 4 hours in a house fire.

It used to be my stash spot for pot, pipes and such when it was illegal and I was living at home hiding it from my parent's 😂.

Seed are being kept safe in a dark cool place, but not in there lol.

Plants handled the transplant really well and all perked up by last evening.

Back