Super Silver Haze - Pheno Hunting - Electric Sky LED CoCo Grow

3EF45FFB-1770-4077-9480-908436041901.jpeg
Seeds are in their cell pots, with humidity dome on sitting under the Electric Sky ES300 dimmed down to the seed marker on the dimming knob. Light is around 24 inches away. Containers are labeled with corresponding seed number and given around a shot glass worth of water. I then misted them all gently, as well as the underside of the dome. Aiming to get the tent set up in the closet tomorrow before work.

View attachment 52579
Seeds are in their cell pots, with humidity dome on sitting under the Electric Sky ES300 dimmed down to the seed marker on the dimming knob. Light is around 24 inches away. Containers are labeled with corresponding seed number and given around a shot glass worth of water. I then misted them all gently, as well as the underside of the dome. Aiming to get the tent set up in the closet tomorrow before work.

Side question, tell me to feck off like.

But are you OCD aswell?

Side question, tell me to feck off like.

But are you OCD aswell?
Not officially but I probably meet the criteria 😂. Trying to document the grow thoroughly but might be going a little over the top lol. I’m also planning to use this thread in the future for myself to see exactly what I decided to do. I spend a bunch of time researching each grow because my memory is poo poo 💩. I keep finding myself forgetting a lot of what I chose to do the prior grow and I’m already getting tired of extensively researching the same topics every 4 months or so 😂

Not officially but I probably meet the criteria 😂. Trying to document the grow thoroughly but might be going a little over the top lol. I’m also planning to use this thread in the future for myself to see exactly what I decided to do. I spend a bunch of time researching each grow because my memory is poo poo 💩. I keep finding myself forgetting a lot of what I chose to do the prior grow and I’m already getting tired of extensively researching the same topics every 4 months or so 😂

There must be an app for that ☺️.

It's good to change things up a bit otherwise we end up complacent and miss out.

I think we had our first causality of the run, my personal favourite… seed #1 :cry:

My little 2 year girl old busted into my office (after Mom failed to close the door fully) and dumped cell pot #1 into the left over coco mix in the pink bin shown in one of the photos above..

I looked for the seed / taproot for 15 minutes but with all the smal chunks of perlite, it’s was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

I put the bin of coco mix under the light, watered it all, and got the room nice and humid in hopes of seed #1 being in the bin somewhere, and it being a fighter. Maybe, just maybe it’ll sprout up sometime from the bin in the next few days.

On a happier side note the other 6 seedlings have all sprouted up out of their cell pots! More macro photos to come over the next few days.

I think we had our first causality of the run, my personal favourite… seed #1 :cry:

My little 2 year girl old busted into my office (after Mom failed to close the door fully) and dumped cell pot #1 into the left over coco mix in the pink bin shown in one of the photos above..

I looked for the seed / taproot for 15 minutes but with all the smal chunks of perlite, it’s was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

I put the bin of coco mix under the light, watered it all, and got the room nice and humid in hopes of seed #1 being in the bin somewhere, and it being a fighter. Maybe, just maybe it’ll sprout up sometime from the bin in the next few days.

On a happier side note the other 6 seedlings have all sprouted up out of their cell pots! More macro photos to come over the next few days.
🤞

Awesome . Glad you found it or should I say I found you. Did you get shots of the part of the seed that connects to the plant. Read a myth once about the shape telling whether male or female. It had a picture explaining . Later found out it was actually for another species of plant but still intrigued by it
We have a fighter, seed #1 lives!

View attachment 52633

Awesome . Glad you found it or should I say I found you. Did you get shots of the part of the seed that connects to the plant. Read a myth once about the shape telling whether male or female. It had a picture explaining . Later found out it was actually for another species of plant but still intrigued by it

I didn’t get specific shots of that portion of every seed unfortunately..

I saw a guy on YouTube claiming he can pick out female seeds at 90% + rate based on shape of the circle at the certain end of the seed. If it’s close to a perfect circle in shape and protruding (like a volcano) it is almost always female. If it’s not close to a perfect circle, (more oval shaped) and the area is flat, not raised then it’s male.

I did tried to pick 3 “female seeds” specifically based on his hypothesis.. I’m only hoping for 4-5 females because going 7/7 would make things interesting space wise. We shall see what happens!

Macro shot of seed number 4 is what I believe to be a perfect example of a female.. if it ends up being a male I think he might be full of 💩 lol.

Last edited:
Of the 7 seeds we first started 5 are thriving (including seed 1) and we've lost two. I will take the blame for the two that failed because I'm near 100% sure it was due to overwatering them. I've started to soak 3 more Super Silver Haze seeds to make sure we at least get a few females out of this run. Here are the new 3.
3 New Seeds Macro.jpg

They’re brand new so kind of expected but lots of consistency so far (height, size and leaf shape)

Seedling #1
E5040498-6772-4A7D-8AAE-53DEA5137C9C.jpeg
Seedling 2D5D6B85F-3810-4456-8526-2A675092698C.jpeg

Seedling 3 - Did not make it 😢

Seedling 4
526C16D8-0042-40EA-9148-AC2364873290.jpeg

Seedling 5 - Did not make it 😢

Back