Strut your studs!

Early Kings mating with Early Queens to produce little Early Prince's and Early Princesses who will some day grow into large Early Queens and Early Kings F2. Should be an interesting pheno hunt for me. Most likely I'll not get around to it but as my Ace Boon Coon always says; 'ya can never have too many seeds'. Japanese style. ;)

Early Queen Mating 090524 P1110554 LR.jpg
 
How’s that no smoking for a week going? I’ve done it twice for a holiday away and man the first smoke is always awesome!
I have not started with the break yet Fish.😅
The males need to dry and cure first, I still have some time.

You are correct, the first smoke or vape after a break is always great and sometimes challenging to say the least.
I do this a couple of times a year to reset my brain and keep my consumption in check.
It has been a while now since my last break.
 
'The LongBalls - I ended up with a male and a female plant. Selection was reasonably easy. The male will be mated to 2 Afghan Haze females. I can't remember 'The LongBalls' entire genetics. It is a polyhybrid. The mom is Mango Haze IBL and Super Silver Haze. Maybe a 3rd one? The Dad involves 3 plants and some back-crossing.

These two tester plants are the only two 'The LongBalls' ever grown! We don't know what will happen.

The LongBalls - I was not involved in the creation or naming of this Frankenstrain.
Pick of the Litter.
The Longballs 080325 White Bucket DSC_3055 LR A.jpg
 
Happy High AF 2026!

Here are a few ASH stud's strutting.... its possible i got the photos of what is what number mucked up lol. i had a few bongs and whiskeys to make sure its kickstart with a merry new year... and to you all too.

From the group photo its left to right, ASH males #3, #12, #5, #10, #14.
ASH males a 3,12,5,10,14 - 01-01-2026.jpg

They got a haircut after the photos. I will update these as I try to have a better smell of their aromas and what gets selected to make sweet love to some sexy ladies.


ASH #3 - tallest, nice smell.
ASH 3M a - 01-01-2026.jpg


ASH #12 - second tallest. nice smell.
ASH 12M b - 01-01-2026.jpg



ASH #5 - third tallest. has most flower.
ASH 5M - 01-01-2026.jpg


ASH #10 - fourth tallest. got dank looking screwed up leaves.
ASH 10M - 01-01-2026.jpg


ASH #14 - 5th tallest (smallest so far). nice smell. nice looking leaf.
 
14.....
i stem rub all the plants at about 6 weeks then they get labelled from 1 to whatever, from best aromas to less aromatic plants... first time i did this way. was interested to compare to how the keepers end up numbered in the end and if they are similar or not to initial aromas.

ASH 14M - 01-01-2026.jpg

Have been using this HIGH AF day planner that I made.

high af day planner2.jpg
 
Last edited:
This is the first time I used it, so I can hopefully do a better job of selecting some decent males.

Have you found any correlations yet Dr Abbicus, I mean Ken Abbis?

Its early daze.... and I been busy with Ivana Humpalot.

I'm loading in the males as they get removed from outdoors.... taking some photos for here, then give them a haircut and clone and back under 18/6..
once i got all the males in, i will flower the originals to get some aromas brewing and keep taking notes along the way... of anything that stands out.... i just stem rub spice #10 male , doesn't smell much but what i can smell smells sulphur.

i know notes like "nice smell" doesn't tell us fuck all much at all.... its just that the aroma was more noticeable than those where its not mentioned at all... as time goes in will update with more specific aromas.

high af day planner2 - ASH 2026.jpg
 
Last edited:
link? I plan on doing some pollen chucking with nl5hz next grow.
Nevil did selective breeding, many times spoke about the pedigree method and identifying dominant patters known as "nicking patterns"
What a nicking pattern is ?
Is advanced terminology from animal husbandry where specific parents combined to produce offspring superior to either parent.
His believe was that searching for specific individuals (like the Haze C male) that his dominant traits could "nick" (mix) well with other individuals like Nl5 female, effectively passing on, their best dominant traits.

How you find the others ? One of the most underestimated skill for every breeder is the intuition. Most people fail to recognise this as the dominant skill In Nevil's work,see and visualise the sculptures before made ready .Magic that few posses.

What if you reverse the nl5hz idea and use a dominant Haze female with an Indica male that his only purpose is "nick" with the female to shorten that flowering time, increase terp variation and bud density?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top