Strut your studs!

Harvesting male flowers:

Aloha fellow firewalkers!

This pollination went a lot smoother than last time. I found a better fitting wire strainer and canning funnel that fits over my glass jar. I opted for aluminum foil so I can crease it and the pollen slides off better AND I can see it better. It was harder to see on the parchment paper and I had to use a brush to get the pollen off the paper which kicked up some. All done in my closed-door bathroom where the males were located. Spray bottle of water close at hand for post-operation.
Agitate the flowers enough to get any pollen clinging to them. A smaller make-up brush works well in getting things where they need to go. After the pollination, where I used a small paint brush for better targeting, I mixed the rest with flour to assure dryness while in the fridge. I will fertilize some of the SSHxWidows with this pollen tomorrow and then freeze the rest.

View attachment 76646View attachment 76647View attachment 76648View attachment 76649View attachment 76650View attachment 76651View attachment 76652View attachment 76653View attachment 76654View attachment 76655

mu

Using the same system I used last time.
View attachment 80859View attachment 80858

Goin' for the Gold!! A quick shower and then into the grow room to spread some love 🥰
View attachment 80857

mu

Thanks musashi!

Never seen such a stud.(y)
He is definitely "well hung".😄

How does he smell like and does he have visible thc?

Thanks for sharing.
I find males like this though semi rare, can be found within many afghanica lines. I also found a similar male from an old 90's super skunk line
IMG_20200403_123351.jpg
This is the only shot i have left of him.. he was much better looking grown indoors,

The devil stud has it all, he has a skunky tang to the nose.. in veg one would mistake him for smelling like a devil female.. in terms of trich production... I have definitely found higher in a male before.. but the devil stud has some shiny bits on his pods.. not yet lab tested, i must though!

g13xskunk-male.jpg
Here is my poor male from 2022 NL5xSunk he got no sun at all its the north balkony the Ladys there on the sunny side of live i dont watered him for weeks but still he managed to survive from him i got the pollen what i use to polinade the Mango N Cheese and a Tripple G ( Gelato x Gorilla glue)

Peace

Good day / evening to all you aficionados and breeders! In post #5, Swifty very kindly shared with us some precious golden nuggets dropped by the masters! They are all fabulous but the one that really spoke to me, or fascinated me the most is this, from Shantibaba:

"We used giberillic acid on male plants years ago to test to see if the male was a true male or had some intersexed traits associated with it. If you macho spray a male plant and it produces viable seed it will not be considered a true male dominant. So when you find a male plant that you wish to check this is a good initial indicator."

To me this is solid gold, although I'm not entirely sure of what he means by "macho" spray. Does anyone know what "macho" spray means?

This rule also seems to imply that any reversed female that produces "viable" pollen is not a true female either, but possesses "intersexed traits," as Shanti says. Unworthy for breeding with!!

Thank you, Swifty, for those "golden" nuggets! Great job!!

Cheers! - FF

Last edited:
Did he have a particular smell?
I don't really eat mango unless I'm in Cuba so it's hard to say.
The smell is more along the lines of onions, or garlic, or both. (not sweet)
Stem rub gave enough scent to hit behind the eyes though.

About the males, I only grow seed for my own small garden so the odd herm
isn't such a big deal. In fact, some of the nicest stuff I've grown had a male preflower
that ended up being female, with maybe just a couple of seeds alone the main stalk.

Good day / evening to all you aficionados and breeders! In post #5, Swifty very kindly shared with us some precious golden nuggets dropped by the masters! They are all fabulous but the one that really spoke to me, or fascinated me the most is this, from Shantibaba:

"We used giberillic acid on male plants years ago to test to see if the male was a true male or had some intersexed traits associated with it. If you macho spray a male plant and it produces viable seed it will not be considered a true male dominant. So when you find a male plant that you wish to check this is a good initial indicator."

To me this is solid gold, although I'm not entirely sure of what he means by "macho" spray. Does anyone know what "macho" s This pray means?

This rule also seems to imply that any reversed female that produces "viable" pollen is not a true female either, but possesses "intersexed traits," as Shanti says. Unworthy for breeding with!!

Thank you, Swifty, for those "golden" nuggets! Great job!!

Cheers! - FF
This is the best, most succinct breeding advice for stabilizing a cannabis variety I've ever seen posted in this forum. I'm pretty sure it was Mu who posted this via Shanti, so thank him.

God, I wish I would have had this 25 years ago:

1000005272.jpg

Back