Storage of Pollon

alias

New member
unfortunatly 1 of my mandela seedling's had chosen to be male and i cannot bring myself to kill him i was wondering a few things ....

i know its just "hacking" or "seed makeing" but as i have a plant i have cared for so mutch for so long i feel it a shame not to let him have i wickid way with a lady or 2 b4 the big sky axe finnishes him off so

1) is it safe to keep him in his own box without fans about 1 meter from my flower box? :eek:
2) can i safely store his pollon if so for how long and how/in what
3) shud i just take cuts of known femails and put them in the "love shack" with him

ne advice wud be most welcome

alias
 
I have some in the fridge now. All I did, like zigzag mentioned, was put the plant in a room with no fan. When the pods opened I took some aluminum foil and tapped the pods catching the pollen in the foil. I have the foil in the fridge now.
 
!

Fridge upto around 2 mnths is best!

I use a plastic bag to collect once I see them Opening I remove to seperate location with no breeze and fill the baggs refridgerate for most ive done was 7 weeks
 
As I've learned so far, the viability of pollen decreases pretty much after two weeks under room temperature, or after about six weeks in the fridge.

However, frozen pollen is storable for a very long time and it actually works fine. Put it in the fridge to thaw, it can be kept there until it's used up. Divide it into several small portions before freezing.
 
Back
Top