Stable High-CBD strain?

Only seen 20:1 from AC/DC. Heard 2nd hand that there was a valentine X clone at 20:1 from elemental wellness in Berkely CA. Sour Tsu usually tests in the teens for CBD & lowlow THC. I had a Valentine X cut that was tested ~6:1. All clone onlies, however.

I'm also in need of a high CBD, low THC plant. I may be taking a trip out to the left coast just for the purpose of sending CBD cuts back. Well, OK, I might pick up some Wi-Fi & SFV cuts, too ;)

Hi all.

Have you heard we are releasing CBD Therapy? Worlds first stable high CBD low THC Seeds.
check thread started by shanti.

Btw, seedsman is again carrying Cannatonic and Dieseltonic.

Bless up

Hey fx :)

Yup I saw that post & I really like the idea of next to zero THC & still 4-5% CBD. hiowever, the beans are not released yet & to me, those very high cbd, relatively low thc plants/clones (like 6:1 or greater CBD dom & 15%+ total cannabinoids) are more attractive. If I could grow a large full sun crop, or dep by the dozens, I'd be more inclined to the zero thc breeds. As it is, I am (and many others not in legal/quasi legal places are) limited to indoor & a smaller outdoor crop if any. It's tough to provide high levels of total cannabinoid meds if starting from less potent medicine.

Plants for every need :) If I was treating myself I'd want a 2:1 cbd heavy (or 1:.05 as the cbd crew site expresses the ratio) cut that produces mucho cannabinoids & the 'right' terp profile. Most of the cbd crew seeds fit that bill according to the writeups & supporting tests.

fx, any idea which cbd crew packs are most likely to throw 6:1 or greater cbd plants? Seems like all of the stuff currently available shows tests of 10-15+% total cannabinoids, so that's up my alley lol.

EDITED a few times cause words were in my head when I wrote the post but they didn;t actually appear IN the post haha

Last edited:
any idea which cbd crew packs are most likely to throw 6:1 or greater cbd plants?

That's not how the genes recombine, so incredibly low likelihood of anything like that popping up in a seed line. Combining parent stock with specific ratios will yield average outcomes that follow:

CBD:THC

1:1 x 1:1 or 2:1 x 2:1 = 20:1 (25%), 2:1 (50%), High THC (25%)
20:1 x 20:1 = >20:1 (100%)
20:1 x 2:1 = 20:1 (50%), 2:1 (50%)
20:1 x 1:20< = 1:1 (100%)

Keep in mind that each of those ratios are AVERAGES across the true population of plants in a seed line. For a 1:1 seed line, actual expression in individual plants vary from 2:1 to 0.5:1. Using this information and having true breeding >20:1 plants on hand (and all the analytics!) allows competent growers to transition a high THC clone-only into a feminized, CBD-rich and essentially THC free version of itself within two generations (theoretically! Actual mileage in the field varies).

Round of applause to the CBD crew for releasing this variety, although there are others who have had ultra-high CBD seeds available to the public for about a year now. More the merrier!

I agree with your punnett square math as long as plants are homozygous. I've found that most pot plants are not.

CBD crew site shows lab tests with some of their plants @ up to 20:1 cbd

CBD yummy
CBD-Yummy-2-BellasPharm_A170_Yummy2.jpg

CBD-Yummy-GIMP-723x1024.jpg

Link to analytical 360 test for 16:1 cbd yummy

Think I'll try CBD yummy lol.

Pretty sure a 20:1 CBD:THC plant is homozygous, so not exactly sure what you mean by that? The Yummy looks great! Good luck with that. We ran 3.5 acres of a 28.5:1 Shark Shock with that came in around 16% CBD by season's end. There are some gems buried in all these lines; with a bit of extra breeding work you can end up with stellar results for large production environments.

Last edited:
The parent stock is apparently not homozygous if the offspring show from 1:1 to 28.5:1 as with your shark. Not starting shit, just saying that the punnett math is for drawing the simplest picture of what is going on with traits controlled wholly on a single allele for diploid plants. Ie: Pink or white flowers on beans.

Cannatonic

I did the fem seeds and to tell you the truth they got me to stoned. But I do not have a high tollerance for weed anymore something happened to me years ago when I was smoking a joint after 2 puffs my head felt like it was being tore apart from one end to the other.

The parent stock is apparently not homozygous if the offspring show from 1:1 to 28.5:1 as with your shark.

Exactly.

Not starting shit, just saying that the punnett math is for drawing the simplest picture of what is going on with traits controlled wholly on a single allele for diploid plants.

Yea, polyploidy makes the square a little more complicated. There's quite a bit of published research on the B locus in haploids though. There are 3 possible alleles--Bt, Bd, and Bo (THC, CBD, and CBG, respectively). Bo is a variant of Bd; it doesn't code for CBG, it just allows CBG to accumulate in the presence of a piss-poor CBD synthase channel.

Now this is a stretch and I'm truly just thinking out loud, but could these strange ratios (3:1, 6:1, 10:1, etc.) be the manifestation of a Bd / Bo heterozygous genotype? Breeding with a GC instead of PCR could lead to this type of outcome. If this is the case, the S1 progeny one of these weird ratio plants should result in 25% high CBG specimens (no THC, limited CBD).

Something else that's getting my goat right now: if a plant is homozygous Bd, why are they still producing THC at all (up to 1%)?

EDIT: Never mind, it's making much more sense now. GW's most recent paper clarifies this quite a bit. http://people.oregonstate.edu/~crawfors/sequence_heterogeneity.pdf

Last edited:
Back