Spice Girls on the Beach – Honolulu by Christmas 🌴

Hello, friends of fine herb, and One Love!🌴🌴🌴

It always feels a little lonely after harvest. Of course, I had some time off and the vacation was really nice and relaxing, but sooner or later the fingers start itching again, and somehow the tent needs to be brought back to life. 😄

I've been thinking for quite a while about what I want to grow next from Mr. Nice Seeds. There are so many choices that it's honestly pretty hard to decide. But while I was on vacation, I kept thinking about the Hawaiian Indica from Sensi Seeds. It was a strain that even won a Cup back in the mid-'90s before eventually disappearing from their lineup.

That got me thinking, and I decided to go with Spice.

I know, of course, that the Spice from Mr. Nice Seeds isn't the same Hawaiian Indica that Sensi Seeds had back then. The Spice is a Hawaiian Indica × Hawaiian Sativa hybrid. But putting a few things together, I wonder if at least the Hawaiian Indica component in Spice might go back to Neville and the breeding work from his old seedbank days. That's just my theory, though.

Maybe some of you know more about the history behind it. If so, I'd be really interested to hear what you think.

Last Wednesday I planted four seeds. Three of them came up within three to five days, while one is still refusing to cooperate. But the week isn't over yet, so I'm not giving up on that one just yet. 😄

8379a955-73a3-46df-8cbf-0923f4f715a4.jpg

So now I've got three little seedlings going, and I'm hoping at least two of them turn out to be Spice Girls. And if the third one happens to be a Spice Man, that would be pretty cool too. 😉

I planted them directly into BioBizz Light-Mix and have been giving them a light spray every day with a little pH-adjusted water.

And now I'm just waiting for things to get going.

I'm really looking forward to this one!

One Love and Peace,❤️🙏💚

Penny
 
Hello and One Love, friends of mindful consumption. ❤️💛💚

The Spice girls are doing well. Nothing spectacular, really — they’re just growing nicely.

They moved into the bigger tent in the middle of the week and are now under the Sunlight 4 120, running at 35% today. I’ve slowly worked them up from 22% to 35% over the last few days.

They’ve only been watered lightly every now and then, with a little Canna Rhizotonic. Next time I’ll add a little Fish Mix as well and see how they respond.

c6e3d115-0bd8-41c5-86e7-89bb10fc8f05.jpg

Hopefully, by next weekend, we’ll start seeing some roots at the bottom of the pots. Then, a week later, they’ll be transplanted into 3-litre pots before eventually moving into their final 11-litre pots.

Wishing you all a blessed evening. Stay strong.

One Love, Peace,❤️😃💚
Penny
 
Good evening and One Love, friends of mindful consumption.❤️💛💚

Here’s a little update on the Spice grow.

The 14 days are now complete, so tomorrow we’ll be starting the third week of veg. All three girls — hopefully girls — have developed nicely. They’re a little on the pale side, though, probably because they’re still in Light-Mix in those small pots.

I can already see the first roots coming through the drainage holes at the bottom of the pots. I’ve been watering lightly whenever needed, using a mix of 2 ml of Canna Rhizotonic and, last time, 1 ml of BioBizz Fish Mix. The pH has been between 6.3 and 6.5.

105c8ae7-99f5-4b03-8615-aacb56208652.jpg

I also put a humidifier in the tent and have been trying to keep the humidity somewhere between 55% and 60%. I’ve slowly increased the light intensity as well, and since today it’s running at 50%, which should give an average PPFD of around 455.

cf1ddb27-2c05-4a19-a432-58aa844d5759.jpg
da0e6e74-b5b2-45f0-b625-f768f8146a86.jpg
8b2f2e1b-180a-4a3b-b66c-f3c37928a7de.jpg

I think I’ll be transplanting them sometime next week. Yesterday I mixed up the soil for that: Floragard Growmix with perlite, vermiculite, and the Living Soil Mix — the same stuff I was given at the party last time. I ordered it from a shop here iand was really happy with it.

I’ve also added a little worm castings and a small amount of basalt rock dust to create a nice substrate for the next pot-up.

Wishing you all a lovely evening.

One Love, keep it green,
Blessings,

Penny❤️😍💚
 
Last edited:
@PennyP nice job so far with those Spice. That is one chemovar that i keep hating myself for having not grown yet, along with La Nina. But you know how it is, so many incredible choices and not enough tents or months in the year. Here is some i fo i dug up from Shantibaba about Spice.

it was originally called Hawaii 5-0...when I first created it but since the MNS it was renamed.
Spice is definitively old world genetics.It was originally made in 87 and then had a few improvements in the early 90s only to remain the same since then.
Since Hawaii had no land races this Spice comes from a long history of serious breeding done with specially adapted indicas and sativas.Over the years and through a lot of interbreeding they have become very personalized and unique.My experience with these different adapted strains coming out of islands of Hawaii shine through on this plant.

Spice is a fruity flavoured sweet aromatic plant.
It really is a distinct strain with its leaf traits and smell.
Very wide leaves, they over lap a fair bit and they are short.The plants are also short.

Spice is basically 75 indica:25 sativa.The phenotype usually comes out similar.
If you go for the sativa aspects it will be comparable to SSH in the way that it will grow straight up with fluffy-ball shaped buds...maybe not as strong but different.If you choose on the indica side of things then you may find some serious strong and acrid smells that got her her name Spice.

It is advisable to keep a constant ec for her.She responds better to a very consistant climate.Climate being the wholistic elements of the entire grow room...air, air circulation, temp, water ph...If you are any sorts of growers this lady is fun.If you room is not up to scratch then she will repay you with the equivalent budage...
What I usually do is give her an ec of 1.6-1.8 with a ph of 5.8 when she grows on rockwool.As she gets developed reduce the Ec to 1.4 the last few weeks before flushing the nutrients out the last week or so
 
Thanks, bredda @Diesel840 ❤️👍💚,

and thanks as well for the Info you sent me. I think I may have actually read it myself at some point, and I’m really curious to see how the whole thing turns out.

I can totally understand that you’re running out of space. I’ve got so many seeds in my fridge by now that there are probably enough for several generations — and I probably won’t even be around to see them all grown. 😂

But it’s always better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.

Still, choosing what to grow next can be a difficult decision when you have so many options.🤣

It would be great if the laws here in Germany changed and we were allowed to grow not just three plants, but maybe ten plants per cycle. That would certainly help, but I’m not holding my breath just yet.

So once again, thank you very much for your effort and for taking the time to reply.

Wishing you a blessed evening and Nice grows

One Love, ❤️😍💚
Penny
 
Hello and One Love, friends of mindful consumption. ❤️🌞💚

We’re at day 21 of veg today, so tomorrow we’re heading into week four already. Time flies. 😄

On the road to Honolulu, I transplanted the three plants last Tuesday into 3.5-litre pots. It was definitely about time. They were still sitting in Light-Mix and, for whatever reason — probably in combination with the humidifier — the high humidity meant that the soil stayed moist for quite a long time and never really dried out enough for me to water them properly. So I hardly had any chance to give them additional nutrients, and they were already looking a little pale last time. Unfortunately, that continued.

So I decided to bite the bullet and move them into a richer medium on Tuesday: a mix of Grow-Mix and All-Mix, with perlite and basalt, as mentioned above.

Since then, they’ve recovered pretty nicely and have put on some good growth over the last few days. I can already see the first roots coming out of the drainage holes at the bottom of the pots.

9acc0ad3-eaeb-4487-b09c-c97332fd84ee.jpg

From left to right
d240b948-932e-4c2f-8eea-d9e1c07d5a30.jpg
a49d2a9d-92cc-488f-8a31-0267de4436d9.jpg
5b22a2ba-210a-40ec-abcb-297be1442413.jpg

Over the course of the week, I watered them as needed, using 2–3 ml of Rhizotonic per litre of pH-adjusted water at pH 6.5.

I’ve also been slowly increasing the light intensity of the Sanlight, and as of today it’s up to 65%. Humidity was generally sitting somewhere between 55% and 58%. Daytime temperatures were around 25°C, dropping down to about 19°C at night. I also measured the leaf temperature, and it was consistently around 2°C lower than the ambient temperature.

They seem to be recovering well. The damage from the earlier problem is still visible, though, so now I’m just hoping to see some nice progress over the next few days.

443123ea-b21e-485d-bd22-a84cea455adc.jpg

I’ll probably top them sometime next week to encourage a few more side branches and shoots and hopefully get them nice and bushy.

They’re also showing some differences in leaf shape already. The little one in particular looks a bit more Indica-leaning compared to the other two. So it will be interesting to see how these three plants develop.

Anyway, onwards to Honolulu! 🌴😎

Have a beautiful Sunday, everyone.

One Love, Blessings,❤️🔥💚
Penny
 
Aloha and One Love, and a sunny Sunday to all the friends of fine consumption.❤️😊💚

Just a little update from the grow tent.

The plants have absolutely exploded over the last week. Last Monday I topped all three of them, and they’re still sitting in their 3.5-litre pots for now. The roots are looking really good at the bottom, and all three plants are healthy and happy.

6926784e-ff19-48d8-a570-62893f73af6d.jpg

In the beginning, they were a little bit unhappy with the light intensity being too high. I had a few taco leaves here and there. I basically just watered them with plain water and half-strength Rhizotonic whenever they needed it, with the pH of the watering water kept between 6.3 and 6.5. Yesterday, I gave them a little Fish Mix — really just a quarter of the recommended dosage — and only half the recommended amount of seaweed extract.

And yeah, from today onwards, it’s flowering time. Tomorrow will be the first proper day under a 12/12 light cycle.

The plant on the far left already has some pre-flowers, and she’s definitely female. I’m also pretty confident that the one in the middle is female and she’s looking good too. There’s nothing really visible yet on the one on the far right, but honestly, if two out of the three turn out to be females, I’m more than happy.

From left to right

81fd42cd-a192-4d35-b6f8-9c93c53beb33.jpg2da05570-f43e-45b7-b6e2-077963e4b1e8.jpge1760a42-7947-41d7-97b3-613dbb4777bb.jpg

For now, I’m just going to let them run for the first week and see how everything develops. Once I’m sure about the sex, I’ll transplant them into their final 11-litre pots.

Temperatures have been pretty stable, around 19°C at night and 24–25°C during the day. Humidity is generally somewhere between 55% and 60%.

So yeah, all in all, they’re looking healthy and happy, and I’m really looking forward to seeing what these Spice plants are going to do.

Wishing you all a blessed Sunday.

One Love and keep it Green ❤️😎💚
Penny
 
Hello and happy Sunday, my Breddaz and Sistaz of fine consumption.❤️☀️💚

Just a little weekly update on the Spice grow.

The ladies are at day seven of flower today. Over the past week, I watered them once with a very small amount of Terra Aquatica Bloom, and today I gave them half the recommended dosage of BioTabs PK 5-8. I know this might sound a little to early, but that’s actually what BioTabs recommends on the bottle: one application of PK 5-8 in the first week of flowering, then again in the fourth week and once more in the sixth week. So I’m going to give it a try.

I have a feeling this strain can definitely handle quite a bit of nutrients. To me, they actually look more underfed than overfed, even though the soil should be relatively rich in nutrients. But we’ll see how they develop.

18d7e229-1970-4383-9eaa-78903d64a1f2.jpg

They’re still in their 4-litre pots for now. Tomorrow I’m definitely going to transplant them into 11-litre pots, and judging by what I can see, it looks like all three are females.👀

Left
1b42f48d-0605-4ae7-8134-c928158acb78.jpg

Middle
d7860bbd-abc3-4334-809c-3873de2bdc24.jpg

Right
57e050f3-2829-4f4c-84ab-c98a00b78402.jpg

That might create a little bit of a space problem, I think. 😂 But we’ll make it work.

I also did a little lollipopping today. I removed the lower growth from all three plants and cut out the smaller branches that were growing downwards and inwards.

My favourite is still the one that showed her sex first, on the far left. She has noticeably longer internodal spacing, while the other two look very, very similar to each other.

She also has an incredibly nice smell already — sweet, interesting and really cool. So yeah, let’s see how things develop from here.

Wishing you all a beautiful evening.

Blessings❤️😃💚
Penny
 
Back
Top