SparkilngSupeSilverHaze :D

Hey Redeye

Thanx for dropping by mate.Thanx for the kind words.I just started 28 MangoHaze , all in the seedling stage at the moment so I ll make a thread here at the forums soon to show how they progress.

Ray of Light

I am glad I inspired you to give the SSH a go, its a really great strain.You 'lll love it I am sure. Good luck with them!

L33t

Hi L33t,
looking forward to your MangoHaze grow, either MangoHaze or NevillesHazeMango will be my next strain after SSH, looking forward to the show man, peace, Herb

I am thinking of getting some Nevilles x Mango to run along with the Mango too but I am not sure yet if I ll be able to grow them at the moment (limited space).But either way I definitely will try em soon.

I hope Shanti re-releashes some fresh Nevilles Haze stock this year, I 've seen many people recently want to give it a try and its been a long time since it was restocked.

I cant wait to sample the Mango Haze , I ve heard so many good things about it , hope all goes well and I get to try some nice phenos.

l33t

Last edited:
Yes I think I do.. LOL :p

Well on a serious note now , I think the best thing we (mns growers) can do is make a poll on the forums (here and other sites that have MNS helpdesk) about the strains we'd like to see re-released again.This way shanti can see the growers' preferences , what do you think ?

I do understand that NH its not the most commercial plant and this line may not be as profitable to mns as others like CMass etc , also more difficult to reproduce and needs more time as well but I am sure many growers world wide would like to see this great strain released again in original F1 seed form by MNS that is the only one that has the true parents.

I 'd also like to see the AfganHaze re-released as well , have seen beautiful plants and heard great things about it too.

L33t,

Really classy flowering experience… as usual. Those colas look huge, and so tasty. All sugary :D

I really want to give SSH a go as soon as possible, and your posts just helped me making up my mind about witch MNS strain to start first after my NH experiences.

Just sorry some of the pictures in your threat don’t show up, particularly in the beginning. Is it my computer or is there something wrong with the pics?

I would also like to see Afghan x Haze released permanently, it seams like a very NICE hybrid to make company to all other Haze ones :)

L33t,

Really classy flowering experience… as usual. Those colas look huge, and so tasty. All sugary :D

I really want to give SSH a go as soon as possible, and your posts just helped me making up my mind about witch MNS strain to start first after my NH experiences.

Just sorry some of the pictures in your threat don’t show up, particularly in the beginning. Is it my computer or is there something wrong with the pics?

I would also like to see Afghan x Haze released permanently, it seams like a very NICE hybrid to make company to all other Haze ones :)

Hey buddhadreams,

Hope all is well

Thanks for the kind words . SSH is a real superplant from what I 've experienced and also seen from others. Afghan Haze would be one of the next companions in my future gardening adventures along with NLHz probably..so many great strains to try so little space and time..

As far as the pics go , well the first few ones were on another server so thats why they dont show up , but they are on my gallery here as well , backed up, so not lost I just need to update the pic links. There was also a prob with gallery folders here and my pics in certain threads may not show up but these are also found in my gallery here . Will take some time during the xmas break and fix the links that are broken .Also stay tuned in for more NH and MangoHaze cured buds pics as I ve got loads that need sorting through and uploading.

Have fun

L33t

Hi L33t,

All is magnificent after watching your Neville’s Haze diary :D

Those were not kind words, just credits due to a fantastic grower and magnificent photographer. You really make MNS hybrids shine with your skills. Can’t wait to see what will be your next experience :)

As to NL#5 x Haze, it really makes my mouth waters. Just to remember the reports from the hybrid of the old Seedbank from Neville brings a lot of memories.

I believe the addiction of Afghan Haze and NL#5 x Haze will complete my wish list for sativas to grow when I get the garden up and running again. With SSH, MH and Neville’s, what more can a sativa grower ask? Five hybrids, each of them unique in their own way.

It would be good if I didn’t have to move from my old home to a new one (my garden got busted), but with a bit of luck that will give Shantibaba time to release all the hybrids just in time for me ;)

Stunning job m8, since you went 12/12 from seed what way did you adjust your nutrients, did you slowly lay off the Nitrogen and increase P and K? Or did you keep your feeding the same throughout?

Im doing a vertical grow with SSH soon (600w with 8 SSH around it) and was going to top em but your thread has made me think twice.

Thanks for all the pics and info, Ive really enjoyed it all

hi all

thanks for dropping in guys
Stunning job m8, since you went 12/12 from seed what way did you adjust your nutrients, did you slowly lay off the Nitrogen and increase P and K? Or did you keep your feeding the same throughout?

Im doing a vertical grow with SSH soon (600w with 8 SSH around it) and was going to top em but your thread has made me think twice.

Thanks for all the pics and info, Ive really enjoyed it all
To answer your Q , in my organic '12/12 from seed' SSH grow I started with veg nutes and a very light dose of flowering nutes mixed together at day 10 from seed and I kept giving N till the last 4-5 weeks of flowering. I gradually increased N doses till stretch was over then I gave mainly flowering nutes (high PK ratio) but also a bit of N as it was needed to keep them green while growing/putting bud. I generally lowered the N doses during flowering and increased the PK doses. Around mid/late flowering I gave em the last dose of N along with the good dose of flowering ferts. Basically went gradually from a high dose to a low N dose then the only source of N was from BioBizz Bloom which has some N, and last weeks' food was only PK (Earth Juice Bloom - has no N , only PK / btw now they changed the recipe ). Basically I tried to use as little N as possible after stretch was over , ..during budding SSH seemed to like high doses of flowering ferts.. But you can only give as many nutes as a plant can use abd more isnt always better in this case so regarding doses, it all depends on various factors such as lighting / growth rates / soil etc. As a general piece of advice , I 'd say be a bit more careful with the hazy phenos they seem to want less N during budding than the more indica phenos. Dont over do it with too much N as it can slow down flowering and it will give more leafy buds.BTW I mainly used BioBizz nutes along with Earth Juice ferts medium was BioBizz All-mix soil mixed with Canna coco.

Note that in 12/12 from seed grows plants need more N during early flowering compared to vegged plants as they will still grow lots of roots and veg plant tissue and stretch more during 12/12 ...while if you veg a plat for a long time they will mostly focus on budding and will stretch less after flipping to 12/12. IE if you put an indica dominant SSH plant that has been vegged for 4-5 weeks it will not double its size during the stretch period while same pheno that goes 12/12 from seed or after a week veg will stretch 5x +.
What I m saying is that when flowering from seed adjust your nute regime so you also account for a lot of veg growth. When flowering plants from seed you basically veg+flower them till most stretch is over so you need to support all that veg growth , hope what I try to say makes sense.

Regarding your grow , if you intent to veg for more than a week or two , from seed , then you could/should top to avoid height issues but if you go 12/12 from seed SSH will still give tall/descent sized plants that can yield over 2-3 oz easily. The more the veg of course the more the yield per plant but with 12/12 from seed , and 8 SSH under a 600 watter you could easily get ~400grams within 3 months or so. With more veg you can get up to 1gram+ per watt easily , SSH is not a low yielder at all imho.
To sum up , if you have time , you can veg em a couple of weeks and top , if you don't have time , and don't care about a bit less yield you can go 12/12 from seed and still get more than descent results in the least time possible.

Hope this helps a bit

hi all

thanks for dropping in guys

To answer your Q , in my organic '12/12 from seed' SSH grow I started with veg nutes and a very light dose of flowering nutes mixed together at day 10 from seed and I kept giving N till the last 4-5 weeks of flowering. I gradually increased N doses till stretch was over then I gave mainly flowering nutes (high PK ratio) but also a bit of N as it was needed to keep them green while growing/putting bud. I generally lowered the N doses during flowering and increased the PK doses. Around mid/late flowering I gave em the last dose of N along with the good dose of flowering ferts. Basically went gradually from a high dose to a low N dose then the only source of N was from BioBizz Bloom which has some N, and last weeks' food was only PK (Earth Juice Bloom - has no N , only PK / btw now they changed the recipe ). Basically I tried to use as little N as possible after stretch was over , ..during budding SSH seemed to like high doses of flowering ferts.. But you can only give as many nutes as a plant can use abd more isnt always better in this case so regarding doses, it all depends on various factors such as lighting / growth rates / soil etc. As a general piece of advice , I 'd say be a bit more careful with the hazy phenos they seem to want less N during budding than the more indica phenos. Dont over do it with too much N as it can slow down flowering and it will give more leafy buds.BTW I mainly used BioBizz nutes along with Earth Juice ferts medium was BioBizz All-mix soil mixed with Canna coco.

Note that in 12/12 from seed grows plants need more N during early flowering compared to vegged plants as they will still grow lots of roots and veg plant tissue and stretch more during 12/12 ...while if you veg a plat for a long time they will mostly focus on budding and will stretch less after flipping to 12/12. IE if you put an indica dominant SSH plant that has been vegged for 4-5 weeks it will not double its size during the stretch period while same pheno that goes 12/12 from seed or after a week veg will stretch 5x +.
What I m saying is that when flowering from seed adjust your nute regime so you also account for a lot of veg growth. When flowering plants from seed you basically veg+flower them till most stretch is over so you need to support all that veg growth , hope what I try to say makes sense.

Regarding your grow , if you intent to veg for more than a week or two , from seed , then you could/should top to avoid height issues but if you go 12/12 from seed SSH will still give tall/descent sized plants that can yield over 2-3 oz easily. The more the veg of course the more the yield per plant but with 12/12 from seed , and 8 SSH under a 600 watter you could easily get ~400grams within 3 months or so. With more veg you can get up to 1gram+ per watt easily , SSH is not a low yielder at all imho.
To sum up , if you have time , you can veg em a couple of weeks and top , if you don't have time , and don't care about a bit less yield you can go 12/12 from seed and still get more than descent results in the least time possible.

Hope this helps a bit

L33t thanks for the very informative post, you are a man that knows a great deal about SSH. Everything you said made sense, well with a vertical setup and 360o light I hope to get close to a gram per watt, I'll have 9 foot in height to work with so I might veg them for a week or possibly 2 and if they look like they are going to out-grow my room I'll supercrop them a few times (not a big fan of topping) plus the main cola on your plants are beautiful and I wouldn't like to miss out on that lol.

I understand what ya mean about over fertilization, less is more and all that :) I'm a 100% organic grower and I mix a very good organic medium packed with micro nutrients and a good NPK, I just use a homebrewed tea 2 x a week in flower and I get the nicest best tasting bud, plus they get massive, are potent and smell/taste beautiful. I love organics!!

Yeah I don't want to give them to much Nitrogen as I don't want leafy and stretchy plants, with your advice I think I'll give them a tea, high Nitrogen guano, bit of Canna Terra Vega, and molasses, meby even a fish mix until the stretch is over and hit em with some flower booster and high K guano tea.

I'll be making things hard for myself as I'm doing a 3 x 600w setup and using 3 different strains (SSH, Critical Mass, C'99) for this reason I'll keep a low nute grow as I have no experience with any of the strains lol :confused: the only reason I'm doing this is I'll have 3 separate grow areas well there will only be about 2-3 foot spacing between each light, I'm doing a 3 separate v-scrog's in my own homemade grow-box, if that help's you understand. Vertical is really the only way to go in my mind, you save so much room space and you give your plants so much more lumen's + not as much heat is blasted at your plants as you have no reflector. I'll also start the CM and C'99 1-3 weeks b4 the SSH depending on how much veg I plan to give the SSH.

1 last question, with 2 weeks flower how high do you reckon the haze pheno's will grow to?

Again thanks for your info, very good read.

JB

Thanks for everything mate you have given me allot to think about

Last edited:
Hi Joe Budden,

You re welcome mate.
with a 2 weeks veg you can expect the most sativa phenos to easily reach 6ft-7ft if grown naturally(untopped). They can even grow taller if you give em more soil/bigger pots. I used 10liter pots and got most hazy ones reach around 5.5-6ft. I had used lots of light though (3x600 in the garden/15plants) so that helped with the zero veg time , basically it was 100w/sqft till mid flowering then I let em finish with 66w/sqft.

I really like vertical setups to be honest and I believe SSH can perform great . As for nutes SSH can handle quite a lot of nutes as long as you have fast growth rates , CM can handle higher doses of ferts , c99 is somewhere between I 'd say.

good luck again with your SSH , and please don't forget to keep us updated as soon as the show is on ;)

leet i remember you from another forum.I also remember this grow.Excellent work my friend.

Back