SparkilngSupeSilverHaze :D

..Continuing from the previous page Day 61 from seed , Haze pheno :

SSH_62_DaysFromSeed_HazePheno.jpg

Haze pheno bud close-up 61 day from seed :

SSH_61_DaysFromSeed_HazePheno.jpg

Day 62 from seed SK pheno bud close up.You can see how much more developed this bud is compared to the Haze pheno:

SSH_62_DaysFromSeed_SKPhenoBud.jpg

Day 63 from seed , Garden shot:

SSH_63_DaysFromSeed_Garden.jpg

Last edited:
Most Hazy/sativa plant (the Nevil's pheno as I call it) , Day 63 from seed:

SSH_63_DaysFromSeed_NHazePhenoTop1.jpg

SK pheno day 63 from seed:

SSH_63_DaysFromSeed_SK2ndPhenoTop1.jpg

NL pheno at 73 days from seed (you can see the hazy tall pheno at the back/behind):

ssh_NL_pheno.jpg

NL cola day 74 from seed:

SSH_74DayFromSeed_NLCola_01.jpg

Last edited:
Hazy Cola at day 74 from seed:

SSH_74DayFromSeed_HazyCola_2.jpg

Day 86 from seed. Hazy pheno cola (same cola after 12 days):

SSH_BigColaHzPheno_86DayFromSeed.jpg

Day 86 from seed. SK pheno cola:
SSH_SKpheno_86_DayFromSeed_Garden1.jpg

The above 3 pics are the last garden photos I have from the living plants. Most plants were chopped around 15-20 days after that (day 105 from seed) though I chopped a few at day ~95 from seed.

SK pheno bud close-up, again day86 from seed:

SSH_SKpheno_86_DayFromSeed_1.jpg

Last edited:
Photos from the harvested plants:

3 photos from a dried SK pheno that was harvested earlier, at 95 days from seed:

SSH_Harvest_SKpheno_95DayFromSeed_1.jpg

SSH_Harvest_SKpheno_95DayFromSeed_3.jpg

SSH_Harvest_SKpheno_95DayFromSeed_2.jpg

Last edited:
Dried SK pheno and Haze pheno plants harvested at 105 day from seed germination (15 weeks) :

SSH_Harvest_Hz_and_SKpheno_105DayFromSeed.jpg

Dried NL pheno closeup:

SSH_Harvested_SKpheno_at_105DayFromSeed_Dried.jpg

Last edited:
Here are 6 of the 7 SSH plants' colas drying:

*First plant one of the two NL dominant short/squat plants.
*Second plant is a SK(/Hz) pheno
*Third plant is the best plant I had Hazy pheno.Great plant , excellent smoke
*Fourth plant is one of the 2 NL dominant 'squat/short' plants Excellent trichome production and very compact flowers.Very practical pheno
*Fifth plant , one of the SK dominant phenos
*Sixth plant , the most haze/sativa dominant plant.Very similar to Neville's Haze in terms of growth and high/taste/smell.

6_SSH_Harvested_at_105DayFromSeed_Semi_Dried2.jpg

5 from the 7 plants again at drying time:

6_SSH_Harvested_at_105DayFromSeed_Semi_Dried.jpg

SSH dried colas:

SSH_Colas_Harvested_Dried.jpg

Last edited:
Totaly dry Hazy phenos colas

Best yielding hazy plant is the one on top , the most hazy/sativa plant (the Nevil's pheno) at the back/behind:

SSH_DriedColas_HazePhenos_11.jpg

Hazy pheno:

SSH_DriedCola_HazePheno_3.jpg

Hazy pheno:

SSH_DriedCola_HazePheno_2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi l33t,
they look fantastic bro, very impressive and the colas are huge:cool: , every pheno looks so sweet, looks very sticky from here, i can't wait till next week when i start growing them, out of all the phenos you have which one would you say is your favourite?, peace, Herb

Thanx guys for the replies

I am glad you enjoyed the pics.I had all these stored in CD's and now I had some spare time to dig things up and sort through them , I thought it would be nice to post all these here.

herb ,

Well to answer your Q , all the SSH I had were really nice plants, not a single weak or 'bad' plant all special in their own right.For a keeper ..well it would depend on how you see things..From a practical point of view / growers perspective , I believe the NL short pheno fits the bill well. Its got amazing trichome production its fast and really produces hard compact flowers.The high is quite hazy even if the plant structure leans more to the indica side of things.Definitely good for gardens where plants with minimum stretch are required.

From a smokers perspective , personally I 'd go with the hazy phenos. The aromas and high of these more sativa dominant plants is more interesting to me and closer to my personal taste as really I love sativas. The one of the 2 hazy plants I had ( not the most sativa one which I call the 'Nevils' , the other one , the one I showed yesterday at posts #47,#48 & #49) , was the best yielding plant of all and carried an excellent combination of desired aromas/taste , high/effect and potency as well. It was my best plant overall. This plant yielded great especially for 12/12 from seed (3.5+oz) and its long/fat cola weighted over 2 oz dry. It was my favorite and the one I (as being both a grower and smoker) would keep for personal stash.

Though like I said all plants were very good and I really wouldn't mind having any of them as a keeper as the differences were not huge. its quite a stable strain I have to say and all plants are very nice smoke wise.

Shanti/Nevil thanks for sharing these fine genetics.Keep up the good work

Here are some more of the 'new' pics .

SSH flowers in glass jars, ready for curing. I had the chance to cure the SSH for around half a year and the taste really did improve a lot . I like to keep the buds from each pheno in separate jars so the aromas don't blend/mix together over time.

SSH_Some_Jared-Buds-ReadyForCuring_1.jpg

And here is some Bubblehash I made from buds and some sugary trim . This batch was around 15gramms:

SSH_Bubblehash_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi L33t,
the longest i've managed to cure bud for was 3 and a half to 4 months, that was Bubblegum i done before the test grow, definatly improved in both flavour and potency, but when it comes to burping the jars i thought there was just 1 way/method of doing it - for the first 2 weeks burp the jars every day for a few minutes then after those 2 weeks burp every couple of days e.t.c but i've noticed looking around the other forums that some folk don't feel the need to burp every day from the start?, which way do you do it?
That looks like an awesome amount of bubble you got as well l33t, how much trim did you use?, definatly looks like some powerful smoke bro, peace, Herb

Hi herb

Yes curing definitely affects potency and especially the taste of the finished product. I usually dry the plants slowly and then put the buds in jars, I open the jars often the first weeks (almost every day) then I open them once every 2weeks or so till I get the desired levels of moisture.It depends on the density of the flowers though.Indicas need a different way to sativas that have airy/fluffy buds.

To be honest I cant remember how much trim/buds I used.I think it was around ~150-200g pure buds and some sugary leaf trim.BTW I cured the buds/leaf for a couple of months before turning them to bubble. So I got around 15 g of A' grade bubble from say around 200-250g total material.

Here are 4 more photos from one of the two dried 'squat/compact' NL pheno this time.I noticed that this needs more time to finish compared to the SK pheno:

SSH_DriedCola_HazePheno_02.jpg

NL pheno cola:

SSH_DriedCola_HazePheno_1.jpg

NL pheno cola:

SSH_DriedCola_NLPheno_03.jpg

NL pheno cola:

SSH_DriedCola_NLPheno_04.jpg

l33t

Last edited:
Those pictures make me really jealous !!

I sure hope my SSH plant has "proportionally" sized buds on it. My girl has been topped twice so she won't have that HUGE main cola. I can't believe how big that hazy pheno cola is. I was under the impression that the hazy phenos were poor yielders. Yours certainly was a good yielder.

And I'll be overjoyed if my plant ends up being a hazy pheno.

SF

Hi SF

Thank you for dropping by mate,

when I started the SSH I wasn't expecting to get such large plants and thought that the yields would be poor due to flowering them from seed. But the plants grew over 1.5-2 meters and amazed me with their vigor growth and production. The hazy pheno cola was over a meter long of continuous budgrowth and although it doesn't look as compact as the NL phenos' colas it was surprisingly heavy. SSH is one of the best hybrids around and definitely one of my favorite so far.

Here is one more photo from the NL pheno cola:

SSH_DriedCola_NLPheno_05.jpg

l33t

Last edited:
That rocks buddy!~!

thats some really awsome Smoke, i have 5 seeds of SSH, can't wait to drop them, bin about a year since i popped 10 and was rewarded, that SSH smell, i smoked it here in the states, then in amsterdam. same skunky stink, its got a smell all to itsself!! interested in chems used in flowering??

thanks L33t
repo

L33t:

I've been looking at your photos. It seems that one difference between the haze and NL/Sk phenos is the haze leaning phenos buds look more "pistilly" for lack of a better word. The calyxes on the haze phenos don't look all that swollen like the calyxes on the other phenos. The buds look like bunches of pistils Does this make sense? or am i out to lunch?

SF

This was today. Not a great photo but the buds don't have that compact look that my previous strains had.

SSH Day 40 of 10/14

http://http://www.mrnice.nl/photos/data/500/1226_SSH1_b.jpg

Last edited:
interested in chems used in flowering??
Hey repoman,
I used organic liquid ferts all the way, this is what went into the bucket:

Maxicrop Seeweed, Earth Juice Grow, Biobizz Grow,
Earth Juice Bloom, Biobizz Bloom, Atami PK 13/14, BioBizz Topmax

Edit:

SF,

The link doesnt work.But I saw the pic from your gallery. I know what you mean,The buds from the haze phenos look like you said more 'pistilly'. Even the end product has that look.The buds have smaller sized calyxes compared to other phenos like the NL , Sk ones..So the end product contains lets say more pistill tissue/mass per single calyx.Theoretically this is not 'good' but the smoke tells ya otherwise ;)

Nice updates SF lovely explosive bud growth :) You definitelly have a sativa looking pheno there.

Last edited:
Back