SparkilngSupeSilverHaze :D

Thanx scorpion ,

me and my bro had really a great time growing the SSH. its our favorite hybrid so far. After the SSH and LaNina I can't wait to see how the Mango and Nev's turn out.I wish I had kept clones from my best SSH and LaNina and all other MNS special plants I 've come across, but due to relocating often its really difficult to keep clones at the moment. ..But on the good side of things this 'helps' to try many different strains in each new grow, plus growing from seed each time allows for growing larger number seed sample which is always good in my opinion

L33t

Last edited:
Thanx scorpion ,
.I wish I had kept clones from my best SSH and LaNina and all other MNS special plants I 've come across, but due to relocating often its really difficult to keep clones at the moment.

L33t
well ya know ,you could take a small one right before your next move and take it with ya...i just use a large fountain drink cup with a plastic lid...makes for easy and discreet transport,as long as your not flying ,should not be a problem keeping a copy...

live and learn man...next time

peace

Thanx a lot for the tip man.

Unfortunately the problem is I move from country to country when I move most of the times so I go by plane and I wouldn't want to take the chances and carry clones with me onboard!

One more problem is I don't trust people that I don't know for a long time easily and the fact that I move a lot often doesn't allow for good long term friendships with growers to be established that I could swap clones and have them keep mine as a backup too.Also the I am away from my house quite often for 2-3 week periods and I cant leave clones alive while I am away cause there isn't anyone that will take of them.

Recently I met in person some of the growers that I do trust so I hope next time I will be able to keep backup from all the selected keepers .Its too bad to have to lose all the special plants I find..but I hope from now on I will be able to keep alive the genetics I believe are really worth saving.
Ah I really wish growing was legal..it would make everything so much easier!

Hi All

very nice report on a very satisfying strain.

Sometimes it is difficult to have no one or no place to keep plants backed up.Actually it is probably the single most difficult thing owning a seed company with strains that are numerous and need caring for. At one stage I lost 3 out of 4 mother rooms around Europe, as I b/up plants in more than one place for obvious reasons...so that was scary. But luckily we managed to cut and relocate after the smoke settled to keep it all alive. But I really wish it was a legal thing too!

All the best and a pleasure to view and read this type of report for me.Keep up the great plant work and excellent photography.SB

Hi shanti

Thank you for the kind words man.Doing these reports and sharing my photos is the least I can do to show my appreciation for your work and support.

I understand that legal issues make the progress in this field go really slower than it would be if all was legal , but for the time being , we all have to deal and act with security in mind. Its good to see you are trying hard to preserve all the mother plants by using multiple backups , cause it would be a great loss to have all these special genetics lost at some point.

Its good to hear you enjoy the reports and pics.I try to keep photos from all the stages of my grows so I can then see and show others exactly how each strain progresses over time. I 've got more nice SSH photos (and other MNS strain) photos I would like to share , so when I have some spare time I will post them on the forums.

Have fun and thank you again for the reply

As always great thread L33t, your camera skills are very impressive. Happy Holidays to you and your family l33t, look forward to your future grows mate.

:)

beautiful pictures, you just took away most of the worries i had with growing La Nina, didnt expect to get so impressive results when starting seeds under 12/12 (i know they are different strains, but both haze hybrids)

just 2 questions, you said you got 3oz of cured buds, how many females was that from?

im european so got no clue about what an oz is, but when i type 3oz into the online oz to gram converter it says 85grams, is that correct? if so it seems like a very low yield for a 600w lamp, or maybe you had other plants under the lamp too?

Hi Jesse
As always great thread L33t, your camera skills are very impressive. Happy Holidays to you and your family l33t, look forward to your future grows mate.

:)

thank you for the kind words man.Happy holidays to you too. :)

Hi roach,

beautiful pictures, you just took away most of the worries i had with growing La Nina, didnt expect to get so impressive results when starting seeds under 12/12 (i know they are different strains, but both haze hybrids)

just 2 questions, you said you got 3oz of cured buds, how many females was that from?

im european so got no clue about what an oz is, but when i type 3oz into the online oz to gram converter it says 85grams, is that correct? if so it seems like a very low yield for a 600w lamp, or maybe you had other plants under the lamp too?

The SSH plants I grew were flowered from seed. I got around 3 oz/85gramms per plant give or take within 90-105days from germination. Got 65-100grams per plant be exact , depending on pheno. So total yield of SSH was around half a kilo from 7 females under approximately 600watts of HPS lighting.

As far as the LaNina goes I grew a few with no veg (flowered from seed) and some were vegged 18-20 days from seed before switching to flowering mode.

The ones that were flowered from seed yielded around 20grams per plant and were harvested at ~75 day from seed germination.The ones that were vegged yielded around 30grams per plant and were chopped at day 82 from seed germination (19days veg + 63days flowering).These didn't yield much as they were topped (for practical reasons) they day I switched to flowering, so if I hadn't topped then they 'd yield somewhat better.
Hope this answers your Q.One tip for the LaNina: veg them for at least 4weeks , its a very fast flowering strain (unlike SSH) so it needs a good veg for good yields.The SSH can do fine without any veg.

Happy holidays and good luck with the LaNina , I am sure you ll love it.

thank you for your quick reply, and yes you answered all my questions and more :)

85grams pr plant! holy shit, im so kicking myself for not having tried going straight to 12/12 before with the long flowering sativas, you are my new guru :D

I dug up some SSH photos from that grow.Here are few from different stages:

As I said earlier I sexed all plants by day ~22 from seed so here are some females
26Days from seed:

SSH_26DaysFromSeed1.jpg

26Days from seed:

SSH-26DaysFromSeed.jpg

one of the more Haze/sativa dominant phenos 32 days from seed:

SSH32daysFromSeed_2.jpg

one of the more Haze/sativa dominant phenos 32 days from seed:

SSH32daysFromSeed.jpg

Last edited:
NL dominant pheno 34 days from seed:

SSH_34daysFromSeed.jpg

NL dominant pheno 37 days from seed:

SSH_37daysFromSeed-2.jpg

NL dominant pheno 37 days from seed:

SSH_37daysFromSeed.jpg

Last edited:
Haze/sativa dominant pheno at 38 days from seed:

SSH_38DaysFromSeed_Haze_pheno.jpg

Haze/sativa dominant pheno at 38 days from seed:

SSH_38DaysFromSeed_Hazypheno.jpg

NL dominant pheno at 45 days from seed:

SSH_45daysFromSeedNLpheno.jpg

SSH_42DaysFromSeed.jpg

SK dominant pheno 45 days from seed:

SSH_43DaysFromSeed_SKpheno.jpg

SSH_45daysFromSeedSkunkpheno.jpg

SSH_45daysFromSeedSKpheno.jpg

Haze/sativa dominant pheno 45 days from seed:

SSH_45daysFromSeedHazypheno.jpg

SSH_45daysFromSeedHazepheno.jpg

SSH_45DaysFromSeed_Hazypheno.jpg

At that point ('day 45') I had to go away for a 12days (came back at 'day 58') and left the plants with a friend who is not a grower to take care of them. Unfortunately the plants showed some serious Nitrogen deficiency signs/yellowing which I later fixed with some strong N doses.

Here are some photos from day 58 from seed:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_gardenshot1.jpg

2 NL dominant pheno plants 58 days from seed:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_gardenshot2.jpg

2 SK dominant pheno plants 58 day from seed:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_gardenshot4.jpg

2 Haze dominant pheno plants 58 day from seed .The back one (middle plant actually not the one on the left) is the most hazy/sativa dominant SSH plant I had ):

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_gardenshot3.jpg

Again day 58 from seed , 2 NL dominant plants:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_gardenshot5.jpg

NL dominant pheno close up day 58 from seed:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_gardenshot6.jpg

SK dominant pheno close up day 58 from seed:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_SKPheno_2.jpg

SK dominant pheno close up day 58 from seed:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_SKPheno.jpg

2 more pics from day 58 from seed.

The most sativa/hazy SSH plant I had.Thin bladed leaves, fluffy flowers. I called this plant/pheno ' Nevil's ' due to the resemblance to NH plants.:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_NHazePheno_2.jpg

SK pheno bud 58 day from seed:

SSH_58_DaysFromSeed_SK-HzPheno.jpg

Last edited:
Back