Some Questions about the Devil

The three older ones are rocking. I just looked at the pics I posted here from 5 days ago and they have doubled in size - the one may have tripled. I will get some pics up after I am done my errands tomorrow. They are all different sizes and have slightly different shaped leaves. They are starting to pop out the side branches now, I was fearing they wouldn't and I would have to do a good bit of bending to get some clone material.

I think I will be transplanting to their larger pots a week from now. I fed them for the first time today with a mix of Tiger bloom, Big Bloom, Seaweed and molasses - the same thing I feed my plants in the middle stage of budding. I will crank up the N this week but wanted these guys to concentrate on their roots a bit so there isn't much shock when they switch containers.

The two from the second batch that popped are up and growing good - they have their first true leaves coming out. I hope the one I hand popped shows its face in the next day or so.

All in all, these are very pretty plants. They have nice fat stems already (the older ones), nice internodal spacing, and a nice green color. You can tell they are going to be quality already. The larger one is still the stinkiest one in the bunch, I sure hope it isn't a male. If it is, I will set up a room for it and catch the pollen- it is a performer.

Any of ya'll care to comment on cloning this strain? Is it a fast rooter or a monther? I sure hope I find a plant that roots in 2 and is ready to repot in 3 ....

I plan on letting this strain get to over a foot, probably 18", before I cut the lights on them. Their heritage should keep them at a manageable size.

I am really excited about these plants!

Pics tomorrow!

Here is a few shots.

Attachments

• DSCF0159.JPG
    DSCF0159.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 592
  • DSCF0160.JPG
    DSCF0160.JPG
    373.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0161.JPG
    DSCF0161.JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF0173.JPG
    DSCF0173.JPG
    354.3 KB · Views: 26
The big stinky one popped its first pre-flower today and .......... IT'S A GIRL !!! I thought for sure it was going to be a dude since it is growing over twice as fast as the others. Mind ya, it was the first to crack and the first to poke its head above ground as well. Maybe it will keep it up and I will get a 45 - 50 dayer ... :D :p :D

It is at that point where every time you look at it it has grown a bit since the last. I am going to put it in its big pot today and set up the new T5 room.

I am trying to decide whether or not to top it to make it bush out for cloning material, I don't know if this top will root since it is so young and still soft. I am considering just tieing the top down to get the sides long enough to clone as well. It has good side branching as it is and it looks like, with a little coaxing, there will be plenty of material for cuttings within 10 days.

What would you do?

Anyone who has grown this strain have any idea what to expect from this phenotype? I am guessing using one of the methods mentioned to bush it is a good idea since it looks like it is gonna be a quick one. if I usually go to flower at 10" - 12" you think 18" and bushy is needed to get a good yield from these?

Woohoo.

how'd u germ your Devils Ronin i ordered a fresh pack from the boutique and am having trouble AGAIN...gave em a nice scuff with a nail filer on the edges of every seed and put them in warm water to soak a bit...i've been waiting on tap root for awhile and some of my other strains are starting to sprout...any help would be appreciated...i may drop u a pm

Hey brother. I germinate between paper towels soaked with filtered water and peroxide in small Tupperware containers. I place them on a digital cable TV box that keeps the container around 82 degrees. I did a good scuff as well. I check them around every 6 hours starting 12 hours after they hit the towels. It is ghetto but it works well.

I will use a warmer under the seedlings pots as soon as I can get a thermostat controlled germination mat - I wholeheartedly believe it makes a huge difference. I haven't had the best rate with SSH and LN. I have gotten them all to crack but once they hit the medium only about half popped up. I do believe I can fix that with a germination mat. I keep the AC kicking to keep the flower room nice and even with the vents closed in the veg room it stays a bit too cool. I think mid 80ish is a good soil temperature to shoot for to encourage the little ones to say hello to the world. The 70 degree medium doesn't seem to encourage the sativas to pop up from what I am seeing.

Hope this helps a little. These things look great. I am going to re-pot and move to flower room in the next couple of days. I will be sure to put up some pics. I wanted to let them get a bit bigger but I need some indica in my life.

If I can answer anything else, feel free to ask here or PM me.

hiya R

whenever I have probs with strains whose seeds cracked but then didnt make it out of the soil , apart from high temps I usually solve by burring them very close to the surface of the soil , just barely cover with bit of sprinkled soil , I noticed I always get lower germination rates if I plant too deep and they are slower to make their way out to the light , but never have lost more that couple if I let them near the surface and if the tap root had grown out of the seed a bit when I put them in the soil. I think its important to leave the tap grow a bit , even though it may be a higher risk for micro damage in the tissue by mishandling as its so delicate and fragile in structure , I think I prefer to let it grow a bit , around 2/3inch long before I move them to soil as they seem to have a better start this way , perhaps I just find it easier to control the moisture levels more accurately at those first few couple of days of their life in a more controlled environment .

I think a usual prob is not enough air and light gets to the embryo , mainly air/oxygen , and they rot or choke . Oversaturated medium can be a factor too and so always use a very airy mix for seedlings or for germination .

Germinating staight in soil is good and easy but if there are only just few seeds I prefer the paper towel method (i use cotton) as I have more control and feedback esp with varieties/seeds that are hard to germ .

I put my seeds in Pro-Mix with added perlite so I know they are getting enough air - been using that mix for years and never had problems. I am pretty sure it was a temperature thing as it got right cold in that back bedroom.

3/3 Devils showing girl pre's. My one bigger SSH showing lady hairs today too.

Ronin - How are you and the ladies? Are you going to make some devil x ssh (or the other way)?

Probably ~Nov1 dropping some Devils and Spice x Miss Mud. Gonna be a stinky winter. :) Really looking forward to these.

nice
all the bst on the xing
im getting some fresh stock
some devil from mns only a year old this time
cant wait to see the differences between our phenos
cheers
V

good lookin plants there ronin keep it up

have you seen the film ronin i love it some fantastic car chase sceans

Hey guys, shut of the net at my house and need a new camera so haven't been able to post anything for a while but .....

I just grew out the rest of my Devil's and I will, for sure, be getting another couple of packs. I wasn't too excited with the first run but this second time around I came across some magnificent keepers. Every single plant was different from the others on both runs.

I had 4 ladies this time, 2 that started flowering under 24 hours of light.

The first was done a few weeks ago (about 43 days!!). I lost all cloning material from a toxic grow tent and will be searching for something comparable forever, I am sure. This plant grew one cola without any side branching and was the skunkiest thing I have come across since I grew Skunk #1 back in the mid 90's. None of my other Devil smelled or looked anything like this plant. The buzz is a wonderful giggly high and you can puff it all day without getting burnt. One tiny piece, if not sealed in an airtight container, can stink up a whole club.

The second one that auto-flowered is still going and is really packing on the weight. I broke a branch a week ago and smoked the premature buds the last couple of days and it is already fantastic. It has a very berry smell to it and it tastes a lot like it smells. i supercropped and tied it down after the initial stretch and haven't had to do any training since other than to prop the heavy ass buds up on stakes. I am guessing it will be done within a week, maybe ten days.

The third doesn't have much of an aroma compared to the others but need to be tied down after stretch as well. The bud formation is thick buds with lots of foxtailing. The calyxes are turning a deep deep purple - absolutely lovely looking. This is a much lighter green than some of the other dark oily ones I ran into. The color contrast is simply amazing to look at.

The 4th was done by 60 days and had the classic Afghani smell, taste, buzz, and growth pattern. This stuff is some stoney herb. Two bong rips and your eyes look like they are bleeding! My buddy and I smoked 2 rips at his bar and went down to where the people were and there was no hiding what we did - the thing is we were so pleasantly ripped we didn't give 2 shits who knew! Super stoned but not lethargic. Really neat to smoke this after some La Nina - it is how I been showing my friends the sativa/indica difference.

I have had a few people tell me the taste, smell, and high reminded them of the 90's from a couple of the phenos and I have to agree.

I was not too gung-ho after my first run with the Devil since a few of them were a lot of trouble due to size. It is so worth going through a pack and looking for a mom or 4. There is so much variety in these seeds!! I really wish I would of ordered some more of these when I made my last purchase. I have Med Man and Critical Mass going atm for my indicas but I would love to have a couple phenos of Devil mothers for personal.

Man, I will be thinking of the auto-flowering, single cola, super skunky, 43 day after flip plant I lost forever, I am sure. The good thing is these seeds are inexpensive enough to buy a bunch of the packs and search for it.

If anyone asked me to suggest a single pack of seeds for a personal grow with time and size restrictions I would strongly suggest Devil. So many flavors and highs from one pack of seeds! No two plants were alike.

Job well done, Brother Shanti!!

Thank you

Bumping this thread for the excellent smell/taste and buzz profile descriptions Ronin offered us here.

His descriptions reminded me very strongly of a "mixed" bag of afghan outdoor I came across this harvest season. Psychedelic, active, introverted stone that my friend described as "telepathic". Some buds were so purple they were black, some were deep forest green and others were washed out brown/gold--it smelled like minty hash and fruit loops, kinda tasted like peanut butter in the mouth.

Sorry for rambling, the point is I am definitely FINALLY popping devil in the spring for the great outdoors. Can't freakin wait.

his description is spot on for this strain from my experience...i had one that was a real couchlocker on the body but kept the mind introspective, clear and a bit meditative (i mentioned this in my "spiritual strains" thread)...Devil put the skunk in skunk from my experience and was the closest thing to Road Kill Skunk ever and you can practically smell the stuff through the jar with even the slightest crack...no two pheno's were the same at all but it was a good experience...these were the only plants that finished outdoors for me and took could temps, rain, and lack of sun like it was no problem at all..probably the hardiest outdoor plant i've ever encountered and they all stayed very short outdoors while they stretch crazy inside...she just loves that outdoor weather and am shocked how underestimated she is with the level of different highs she offers

his description is spot on for this strain from my experience...i had one that was a real couchlocker on the body but kept the mind introspective, clear and a bit meditative (i mentioned this in my "spiritual strains" thread)...Devil put the skunk in skunk from my experience and was the closest thing to Road Kill Skunk ever and you can practically smell the stuff through the jar with even the slightest crack...no two pheno's were the same at all but it was a good experience...these were the only plants that finished outdoors for me and took could temps, rain, and lack of sun like it was no problem at all..probably the hardiest outdoor plant i've ever encountered and they all stayed very short outdoors while they stretch crazy inside...she just loves that outdoor weather and am shocked how underestimated she is with the level of different highs she offers

I'm lovin' my Devil grow so far. Only Day 11 and I'm already seeing individual traits in each of the plants. You can tell they're the same strain, but each one has its own leaf pattern variations and rates of growth.

So bummed Shantibaba never posted pics of the Devils he was going to start. I bet they would have been EPIC!!

I plan on starting a batch of these tomorrow and have a few questions on their growth pattern. I spent a lot of time over the past few days scowering the net looking for pictures and grow reports but I can't find any.

I have a 4x4 area I use for flowering and have the plants in there staggered at 5 stages so there won't be a ton of room for a while. While the genetics I have going right now aren't in the same league, I use the ganj for medical purposes and need to grow them out so I don't run out, ya dig?

How much branching on these guys? I am guessing due to the heritage they don't go more than double size after the lights are cut back. Do you need to tie the tops over to get the sides to branch out long enough to take cuts? Are there lots of variations in flowering time? I am guessing nothing like the Haze hybrids if there is. Are they nute pigs? Are they sensitive to anything? They do better focusing on a main top or is bending, topping, fimming, etc advised?
i got 80cmx80cmx1.8m=0.64m² with 6 plants 1 creen crack punch and the G13xSkunk#4 wich had the time to mature long enough so after transplant into 7L pots the groth exploded they are the biggest plants but i hope for about 100g dry from each plant and the rest 4 :Mango&Chesse,Amnesia Haze,Herz og, Zkittalicious so the tent is a over crowded place but ok i did a heavy defoliation to promoted buds on lower branches and bigger harvest
i was thinking to plinated the Zkittalicious(Fem) with the NL5xSkunk#1 Male to get (Northern Skunkalicious) and the Tripple G(fem) with the NL5xSkunk#1 Male to get the (Northern GSkunk) and last but not least Tripple G(FEM) with G13xSkunk#4 Male to get (Quadruple GSkunk)

Back