Some Questions about the Devil

Ronin

I plan on starting a batch of these tomorrow and have a few questions on their growth pattern. I spent a lot of time over the past few days scowering the net looking for pictures and grow reports but I can't find any.

I have a 4x4 area I use for flowering and have the plants in there staggered at 5 stages so there won't be a ton of room for a while. While the genetics I have going right now aren't in the same league, I use the ganj for medical purposes and need to grow them out so I don't run out, ya dig?

How much branching on these guys? I am guessing due to the heritage they don't go more than double size after the lights are cut back. Do you need to tie the tops over to get the sides to branch out long enough to take cuts? Are there lots of variations in flowering time? I am guessing nothing like the Haze hybrids if there is. Are they nute pigs? Are they sensitive to anything? They do better focusing on a main top or is bending, topping, fimming, etc advised?

Last edited:
I will be answering all the questions my self! I have 6 soaking as well as 3 LaNina. I have 2 packs of the later - I only opened one and there was 18 seeds there!! I had an extra in Devil as well. I have a pack of SSH but I am waiting until I have Devil and LaNina settled in.

I stagger my grows so everything doesn't come at once. I have 5 stages in my 4 x 4 area, ha. I have a 600w HPS up top with a bunch of supplementals coming from all angles. I will post a pick so you can see why I can't pop anymore seeds just yet. I have a tray of clones rooting as well but they may end up in a field or I may throw up another little sea of green room .

If a mod can change the name of this thread I will use this as my grow journal. If not, I will start a new one with at least weekly photo updates.

Wish me luck !!

Attachments

• DSCF0120.JPG
    DSCF0120.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 389
  • DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    307.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF0116.JPG
    DSCF0116.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCF0118.JPG
    DSCF0118.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
A couple hours later and a few of the devil are opening up!!

Gotta love fresh seeds ! I am so excited!!!!

Good luck with them Ronin , I m sure you ll love the LaNina very special strain , the Devil , I ve never grown it but I d love to give a shot in the future. Heard only good things and looking forward to seeing how yours turn out.

Hi All

I popped a few of the Devil packets , this summer and got them growing on my terrace just for the hell of it.Been a long time since I did this girl but it seems she is a plant that does not disappoint. I will take a few photos of the leaf range I have as it is a great look. Wishing you all the best with the Nice Devil....all the best Sb

Shanti, I would love to see some pictures and I bet a lot of others would too, there is a real shortage of em.

L33t, your LaNina' pics are partially responsible for my excitement. Can't wait to have my own!

i have 2 in grow atm
ill gather some pics wen i have the time
this is a real nice smoke
and has a great resin profile
i like to flower closer to 60+
all tha best
v

I'll run the Devil seeds shortly.. devil and medicine man,will run them together when this round i have will finished.Can't wait ..
peace

i've been trying to grow Devil now for 2yrs and can't find a pack that will sprout...where did u purchase your devil as i'm an Afg lover and think i may take one final swing at the strain before its fully retired from my options
*Shanti rectified the situation with replacements but i couldn't get them to sprout either...but i still love MNS and have full faith in his customer service, not bitching or anything at all

Last edited:
Only 3 of the 6 Devil popped so far while SSH and LN went 3 for 3. I just went and checked on the other 3 and decided to pop one open. It was alive inside but the seed was super strong/tough. I think these are the type of seed that need to be scuffed before germination. I am gonna scuff the 2 that have been in between towels to see if it will help. I have never scuffed a seed after it has been wet so I don't know if it will work.

Now mt OCD is going to be telling me a cracked open "The One" .. but I had to check, right? ha

I may just be being impatient - they have only been soaking for just about 3.5 days but all the others popped so fast. Either way, I suggest scuffing them.

Only 3 of the 6 Devil popped so far while SSH and LN went 3 for 3. I just went and checked on the other 3 and decided to pop one open. It was alive inside but the seed was super strong/tough. I think these are the type of seed that need to be scuffed before germination. I am gonna scuff the 2 that have been in between towels to see if it will help. I have never scuffed a seed after it has been wet so I don't know if it will work.

Now mt OCD is going to be telling me a cracked open "The One" .. but I had to check, right? ha

I may just be being impatient - they have only been soaking for just about 3.5 days but all the others popped so fast. Either way, I suggest scuffing them.
i scuffed a whole pack with no results, did a half pack in the paper towel and a half pack straight in the soil with no like...everyone's pics of the plant look awesome but the name Devil appears to represent the pain in the ass germination of the seed (just teasing everyone, so just chill)...every finished product i've seen looked nothing short of fantastic so when Shanti restocks i may give em just one more swing as the harvest pics i've seen lately look PHENOMENAL and I MUST TRY this plant...if i got to fly to switzerland and smoke a joint of Devil with Shanti I will...the plant looks amazing, so Shanti if i'm ever in Switzerland can i come smoke a lil devil with ya? Now that would be a dream come true:)

The first Nice Devil has broken the surface !!!

Shazam motha-honkies !! It is officially on ...

Last edited:
i have the same story with shark and la nina..seeds were in medium about 2o dayz before they were sprouted:eek: ..but they're sprouted alright :)..80 %..then i have attack of larvae and they're fucked up my babes at half :(

All 3 of the Devils that popped have broken the soil line. I expect the LaNina's to poke through soon. The SSH weren't germed until two days later so I figure I will start seeing them in the next couple of days.

Yay!

way to go man
u are off now
i love the start of new life
anyways heres a coupla shots of me DEVIL
they where taken just before lights on..
mite explain tha droop
cant wait to transplant her into bigger pot
get her flowering for some resinous goodness..
all the best hey
cheers
V

Attachments

• tha D E V I L ... 001.jpg
    tha D E V I L ... 001.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 88
  • tha D E V I L ... 002.jpg
    tha D E V I L ... 002.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 61
  • tha D E V I L ... 003.jpg
    tha D E V I L ... 003.jpg