Skunkle Lenny’s SHARK SHOCK search

It’s been 30’ish days since the harvesting began, so I’m starting to hit it up.
1st, some stats for the 6 pack:
Yielded 188g if dried/cured Top Shelf bud. Solid, symmetrical golf ball size buds.
Yielded 76g of Mid Shelf for friends.
Yielded 79g of edibles/popcorn buds.

Excellent density and so far I would describe the aroma as a skunky yet fruity smell with an earthy undertone when smoked. It still seems to be a perfect marriage between Widow and Skunk. Very happy over here.
Fuhgeddaboudit
😎

You mentioned going 36 hours of dark. How did that work out? I had some Shark seeds from SB stock when he was at GH and not long after the Cup prize. He mentioned on an old site that some Sharks and Widows can really get frosty with 24 hours of dark for the last 2 weeks of flowering. I tried it and the amount of frosting was incredible. It was such an awesome sweet taste and potent as it gets. Has anyone else done the same?

I agree about stressing. Many ways to do it. If the 36 is your standard, it must have done something noticeable for you to continue. Maybe SB or another grower with the 2 weeks of 24 hour darkness experience will see this and add their thoughts. The Shark is awesome though and cool to see that you have your technique and enjoy this Shark. “shocking” what Bond said to Goldfinger or was it Oddjob?

I agree about stressing. Many ways to do it. If the 36 is your standard, it must have done something noticeable for you to continue. Maybe SB or another grower with the 2 weeks of 24 hour darkness experience will see this and add their thoughts. The Shark is awesome though and cool to see that you have your technique and enjoy this Shark. “shocking” what Bond said to Goldfinger or was it Oddjob?

2 weeks of complete darkness? Wow!
I read 2 days of complete darkness but in another thread/post on the forum it's mentioned that 36hrs of complete darkness (right before harvest) gave the best results. Test was done with 24/36/48hrs and 36hrs gave the best results.

2 weeks of complete darkness? Wow!
I read 2 days of complete darkness but in another thread/post on the forum it's mentioned that 36hrs of complete darkness (right before harvest) gave the best results. Test was done with 24/36/48hrs and 36hrs gave the best results.
I did this once and after 10 days all the leaves started falling of and the plant was dying. Was not a succes...
Could it be that they mean 12h of light and 24h darkness for the last 2 weeks?
This is something that could stress the plant out and to produce extra secretions in the resin heads.

Does anybody know how long it takes for a resin gland to form and be psychoactive?
Also important to know I think.

I did this once and after 10 days all the leaves started falling of and the plant was dying. Was not a succes...
Could it be that they mean 12h of light and 24h darkness for the last 2 weeks?
This is something that could stress the plant out and to produce extra secretions in the resin heads.

Does anybody know how long it takes for a resin gland to form and be psychoactive?
Also important to know I think.
First time I heard the 36 hours darkness from a master grower ws 2009 he was in hydro and was doing it mainly for flushing .

Yes Flushing he told me that during dark times the nutrients go to the roots and the plant same time breaks down the chlorophyll and gives a last boost in tricrome and oil production.
I tried it many times in soil and it works exactly as was described to me. But when I have done it for longer periods of time up to 2 weeks the taste becomes rough and smoke is not so sweet anymore .

-SaveTheBrains

48 days flowering and right on track to finish on the early side.
View attachment 70409
View attachment 70410
View attachment 70411
So I had 2nd thoughts on reveggie advice from @Islandgrower. Why not? But I lost another week, so I ventured into the forest, got on my 🙌 & knees with ✂️ to clip a few lowest, but up close I see
View attachment 70413

View attachment 70414
Apparently 🍌 🍌 have been around longer than I knew.
i’m now thinking that this plant is doing everything possible to keep its genetics alive. The idea that it was throwing Nanners at four weeks, so so early, in hindsight is screaming 🙀 quick finisher & EXTEND ME!!!
Since there will be seeds I skipped cutting those lower branches since they already have seeds on them.
So my updated POA is to let her go another week to let seeds develop more. This is 1 selfie I’m going to appreciate.
View attachment 70415
Don’t 👀 too close 😂
Self seeding = Fem seeds right?
Cheering!

O, I had one many years ago that resembled the first picture but was smaller in stature. Anyway, it was one of the best plants I ever grew. Awesome smell, taste and buzz! Man, I would keep it going. Reveging if you have to or clone but then that will be revegged too but out of all my sharks that one was the most special. Save it if you can but like everything it’s your decision. Revenging is easy and never had a problem.
BB

Great comments for a great plant.
All of the samples that I ran have cured up fantastically so I can’t say that one really stands out. This one did give me about a dozen or more seeds so that was a nice benefit. I’ve run a lot of the MNS collection, and to me Shark Shock is definitely in the top tier.
Beautiful marriage.

All of the samples that I ran have cured up fantastically so I can’t say that one really stands out. This one did give me about a dozen or more seeds so that was a nice benefit. I’ve run a lot of the MNS collection, and to me Shark Shock is definitely in the top tier.
Beautiful marriage.
G'day Skuncle. Were the seeds a result of self seeding? If so, fresh fem seeds sounds like a good outcome. Just have to keep an eye out now for nanas in future grows.
Was lucky enough to win some of those yesterday. Can't wait to try those puppies.
Happy planting.👍

G'day Skuncle. Were the seeds a result of self seeding? If so, fresh fem seeds sounds like a good outcome. Just have to keep an eye out now for nanas in future grows.
Was lucky enough to win some of those yesterday. Can't wait to try those puppies.
Happy planting.👍
Yup, selfies. I agree that once it selfies and provide some feminized seeds, often the offspring show 🍌 .
I can live with that as I’m not some professional breeder or seed seller so I’m not overly concerned with such minor downsides. I think my lights often trigger 🍌 but Que sera sera 😊

Beautiful marriage.
Have to agree mate, Shark will forever be in my garden too! That and Med Man are just amazing!

First time I heard the 36 hours darkness from a master grower ws 2009 he was in hydro and was doing it mainly for flushing .

Yes Flushing he told me that during dark times the nutrients go to the roots and the plant same time breaks down the chlorophyll and gives a last boost in tricrome and oil production.
I tried it many times in soil and it works exactly as was described to me. But when I have done it for longer periods of time up to 2 weeks the taste becomes rough and smoke is not so sweet anymore .

-SaveTheBrains
DJ Short's little pamphlet of a book recommends it too.

I was using a number of biostimulants to bolster mold resilience, in the final stretch of the PNW outdoor season and noticed that if I went too heavy, the antioxidant effect seemed to delay senescence. So it got me thinking, what about intentionally using a foliar spray of some dilution of peroxide to intentionally induce oxidative stress? This thread has me thinking that might have broader applications than just offsetting the antioxidant effect of some of my foliar treatments. I mean delaying it is good in grapes, meant for the table, or cut flowers, but not for the expression of secondary compounds in Cannabis.

Just thinking out loud.

Yup, selfies. I agree that once it selfies and provide some feminized seeds, often the offspring show 🍌 .
I can live with that as I’m not some professional breeder or seed seller so I’m not overly concerned with such minor downsides. I think my lights often trigger 🍌 but Que sera sera 😊
speaking of selfies, here is one i took of myself recently ...

randy mash stud struttin.jpg
Beautiful marriage.

ran a few this year and agree, shark shock is another top tier 5star mns strain, its like shit on steroids. most grew impressively huge, everything going on, structure, yield, mould resistance, flowering time, potency, and flavor is on point. your grows always impress @Skuncle Lenny , lot of effort and love gone into your garden.

DJ Short's little pamphlet of a book recommends it too.

I was using a number of biostimulants to bolster mold resilience, in the final stretch of the PNW outdoor season and noticed that if I went too heavy, the antioxidant effect seemed to delay senescence. So it got me thinking, what about intentionally using a foliar spray of some dilution of peroxide to intentionally induce oxidative stress? This thread has me thinking that might have broader applications than just offsetting the antioxidant effect of some of my foliar treatments. I mean delaying it is good in grapes, meant for the table, or cut flowers, but not for the expression of secondary compounds in Cannabis.

Just thinking out loud.

give it a go. experimenting is a lot of fun and always have the possibility to discover something new that no one else has.
ive learnt so much over the years from what members here post.

i have recently tried for the first time the 36hr darkness to finish plants on flush... the two days before that i only had 200w hps on at 2ft above the plant tops for 3hours a day, can say it worked well plants really ripened up beauty... from my experience this is why the slow dry cure process also adds to better more potent plants as they continue to metabolise and ripen up well during this time.

time to get HIGHER AF !

blessings and peace ganja lovers

Back