Shark shock n roll

yes, usually the flowers underneath are unaffected maybe protected from all the resin

I wouldn't bet a lot on that. I saw PM reduce a healthy 7 foot plant to a pile of white dust. The flowers were the last to turn to dust but to dust they turned. It was an amazing thing to watch over a couple weeks. I wish I had taken some pictures. While you can't 'see' the PM spores on your buds.......they do not magically land everywhere on your plant except the buds.

Longball

I actually seen three leaves with a single dot of mildew right after the 4th of July this season, I defoliated as normal. Sprayed with Dr.Zymes every other day for three applications and was pleased to not see anymore. The product is called eliminator and works excellent for me.

For PM, prevention is your best friend. Catching it early is a good friend. After that, I not sure you can get rid of it. I mean you can spray EVERY day - is that getting rid of it? I foliar feed with 9.0 RO water as one of the ingredients. The high PH helps keep PM away. And water is pretty safe!

Longball

[Edit] "Eliminator works on mildews and molds by the citric acid digesting the biomass and changing the pH to create a hostile environment so that mildews and molds cannot take hold." Dr.Zymes seems to work by changing the PH on the leaves. If you can do the same thing with a home remedy.....

Last edited:
For PM, prevention is your best friend. Catching it early is a good friend. After that, I not sure you can get rid of it. I mean you can spray EVERY day - is that getting rid of it? I foliar feed with 9.0 RO water as one of the ingredients. The high PH helps keep PM away. And water is pretty safe!

Longball

[Edit] "Eliminator works on mildews and molds by the citric acid digesting the biomass and changing the pH to create a hostile environment so that mildews and molds cannot take hold." Dr.Zymes seems to work by changing the PH on the leaves. If you can do the same thing with a home remedy.....
Eliminator is a cleaner.
Where did you copy and paste the following from?

Longball

[Edit] "Eliminator works on mildews and molds by the citric acid digesting the biomass and changing the pH to create a hostile environment so that mildews and molds cannot take hold." Dr.Zymes seems to work by changing the PH on the leaves. If you can do the same thing with a home remedy..

In description of product:

... Eliminator works by disrupting the insects' ability to breathe. The acid derived from our proprietary formula breaks down protein and organic matter such as eggs and insect droppings. It is a highly effective deterrent as well.

Eliminator works on mildews and molds by the citric acid digesting the biomass and changing the pH to create a hostile environment so that mildews and molds cannot take hold.

Eliminator can be used as a soil drench to combat fungus gnats, soil borne pests, molds and mildews. It is highly effective and safe...

Here is one source:

Eliminator is a cleaner.
Where did you copy and paste the following from?

Longball

[Edit] "Eliminator works on mildews and molds by the citric acid digesting the biomass and changing the pH to create a hostile environment so that mildews and molds cannot take hold." Dr.Zymes seems to work by changing the PH on the leaves. If you can do the same thing with a home remedy..

From the good Doctor's website: https://www.doctorzymes.com/pesticide-free-insecticide.php 7th paragraph on the right. I would say it is pretty safe.

Besides Eliminator, Dr. also sells a product called Multi-Purpose Cleaner. Apparently citrus based too.

Eliminator MSDS-
Product Description: A fermentation product made from a proprietary blend, Citric Acid. Contains no hazardous chemicals.

Multi-Purpose Cleaner MSDS-
Product Description: A fermentation product made from a proprietary blend, citric acid and natural enzymes. Contains no hazardous chemicals.

mu

Sprayed with Dr.Zymes every other day for three applications and was pleased to not see anymore. The product is called eliminator and works excellent for me.
I use that as part of my IPM for mites. I haven't thought to use it for powerdery Mildew

While you can't 'see' the PM spores on your buds.......they do not magically land everywhere on your plant except the buds.

Longball
that is true, fungi spores are everywhere.
for these i would bet that there is not much, if any, on the flowers though.

the only strain i had with PM in normal harvest time is pink floyd... all of them got it all over... and if i grew them 100ft away in another place they probably would've got none

Last edited:

Longball

^^^^^In bold and in quotes is what website says. The 'seems' is my comment because I change the PH of leaf to avoid PM - 'seems' like the good Dr. does the same thing. Somehow a post or two later my statement also got bolded to seem like it's a part of website statement. The website does not say 'seems to work'. "Eliminator works on mildews and molds by the citric acid digesting the biomass and changing the pH to create a hostile environment so that mildews and molds cannot take hold." Longball sez: -Dr.Zymes seems to work by changing the PH on the leaves. If you can do the same thing with a home remedy.....

If it were a big problem for successful grow I would focus more on environmental control, like @longball said "harvest early"

what time of year the outdoors go into flower - ive experimented moving plants indoors and outdoors at all different times of they year, the differences in temp, humidity, blue and red sunlight, etc all make a difference how they grow in veg and flower.

lot of my outdoors come harvest ... i dont even check the trichomes , only look at the pistils try and get most red/brown not white and my outdoors comes out top shelf.... not every plant is a keeper but the final product is nice... like smooth tasty smoke... the keepers usually burn like incense smouldering ember of resin.

some plants all the pistils have been still all white at harvest ,
after a 6 to 12 month cure its superb smoke,
if i focused on checking the trichomes rather than the weather i would have lost 90%+ of my crops to humidity and mould

Last edited:
Back