ShantibabaSeeds

Also in the podcast i listened to, I think he said that sterile seeds would be the end product of his process.
sterile seed is no good seed! Or in this case I read the plant does not even grow pistils!

It is the same with vegetable or fruit crops where they push seedless... just to have control.
 
It lends itself to large outdoor operations, which is his target audience.
I know Dave Watson and Rob Clarke tried this in the late eighties(?), but never quite got to completely seedless crops.

It's not great for the gene pool at large or hobbyists like myself, thats for sure.
 
When I last spoke to Steve about it, 2 or 3 years ago, his end goal was to create stable, sterile clones for commercial growers. Either by purchasing his plants, or his methods being applied to your plants.

No idea if he changed the business model from that, or not, because I'm not a customer.

Not sure how this process could be used to make sterile seeds, but who knows. He's an idea man sometimes
 
If I was in commercial, I would ask Shanti for around 1000 regular seed of each strain to match the goal of the grow, and select proper male and female parent plants and breed and test them in both smoke and lab results, back cross, keep testing, and clone legend genetics that love me longtime and the people the good medicine was meant to help

regular seed is fkn awesome
shanti and mns team are fkn legends!
 
If I was in commercial, I would ask Shanti for around 1000 regular seed of each strain to match the goal of the grow, and select proper male and female parent plants and breed and test them in both smoke and lab results, back cross, keep testing, and clone legend genetics that love me longtime and the people the good medicine was meant to help

regular seed is fkn awesome
shanti and mns team are fkn legends!

I suspect that you'd end up with something like this. At least I did. Best I've smoked since 2009.

Mr. Nice Seeds

DSC_4656 LR-2 A.jpg
 
funny, because sine the last post i was thinking i forgot to mention all the legendary growers of mns gear too!
she looks stellar @longball, what is she? how's she smoke?
all the feedback i get from my mns outdoor ganja, even the stuff i dont like, others say it whacks them out for hours whereas the indoor they smoking lasts 30 minutes
 
F2s are great to get an idea of why selection at F1, and selection generally, is so important.
I got lots of bad pairings, lot of learning. Often only selected on leaf traits and stem rubs, not even grown bud from the F1 parents.
The variation in F2s is eye opener to why stabilising genetic lines in seed is work worth doing.
For real @longball, some genetics just come together and mate nicely and express it in their offspring.
Time is too important.
Poor selection, or no selection, wastes time.
Valuable High AF time.
She's a beauty nugget, i cross my fingers and toes I get to smoke her with you someday soon.
enjoy
 
only one thing left on your bucket list? no way
keep adding stuff to it... like we get high af and you slappin' a phat bass line while i try add a phat beat through one of those massive PA systems.
what is your preferred mr.nice cultivar?
 
only one thing left on your bucket list? no way
keep adding stuff to it... like we get high af and you slappin' a phat bass line while i try add a phat beat through one of those massive PA systems.
what is your preferred mr.nice cultivar?

I grow 10-20 MNS every year. Every year I get a couple 'Million Dollar Golden BB's' that I smoke to the bone. No real favorites. If I grow 10-20 plants, I'm sure to get something spectacular no matter what strain it is! :love:

Early Queen is pretty fun. Lot of genetics in there. Don't think I've ever had two the same. .Just made some F2's to start taking it apart and see what's in there. I grew up on 'early California blends' and 'Mexican' back when I started smoking 55 years ago.

Early Queen #1 110924 Original DSC_6785 LR A.jpg
 
she's beautiful, what's she smoke like?
none of my early queens come out like that, more indica and flavor wasn't bad but not what i was looking for.
It's super helpful all the grows posted here to see how much variation there is in the seed. And how we seem to all be attracted to different strains.
Would be interesting to see what comparisons, similarities and differences, we could all make once we grown 100 seeds of particular strain....
A photo of your early queen only makes me want to grow her again and see what she surprises me with.
 
I grow 10-20 MNS every year. Every year I get a couple 'Million Dollar Golden BB's' that I smoke to the bone. No real favorites. If I grow 10-20 plants, I'm sure to get something spectacular no matter what strain it is! :love:

Early Queen is pretty fun. Lot of genetics in there. Don't think I've ever had two the same. .Just made some F2's to start taking it apart and see what's in there. I grew up on 'early California blends' and 'Mexican' back when I started smoking 55 years ago.

View attachment 106080
After teaching me about the em dash longball, what does BB's mean? Just what I ssume as babies? 😜
 
she's beautiful, what's she smoke like?
none of my early queens come out like that, more indica and flavor wasn't bad but not what i was looking for.
It's super helpful all the grows posted here to see how much variation there is in the seed. And how we seem to all be attracted to different strains.
Would be interesting to see what comparisons, similarities and differences, we could all make once we grown 100 seeds of particular strain....
A photo of your early queen only makes me want to grow her again and see what she surprises me with.
Totally agree Ken, I find with mns you get exactly what it says on the tin - fire, but there definitely is some variation (as with anything living). I only grow two plants at a time for security reasons (same class as heroin in my country), but I would love to know what to look for in phenos considered as keepers to help my selection process when it is so small.
 
none of my early queens come out like that, more indica and flavor wasn't bad but not what i was looking for.

A photo of your early queen only makes me want to grow her again and see what she surprises me with.

I get a nice surprise every time I grow Early Queen.

EARLY QUEEN - yep, need the step ladder to check upper part of plant! 🤩

EQ1 Stretch P1050965 LR.jpg

EARLY QUEEN - bad-ass Sativa. Clear, energetic, creative, daytime high! SATIVA!

EQ XTREE P1050883.JPG

EARLY QUEEN - thin leaf Indica pheno. Clear, energetic, creative, daytime high!

Early Queen #1 DSC_3055 LR .jpg


After teaching me about the em dash longball, what does BB's mean? Just what I ssume as babies? 😜

BB's(ball bearing) are the ammo used for BB Guns. They are made of various metals and about the size of a cannabis seed. "The Golden BB" is the seed that produces a breeding plant that gets your face on the cover of magazines.

The concept of a "golden BB" is a source of fear for combat aviators, who have to face the possibility of their aircraft being destroyed by a single, lucky shot.

I just need a single, lucky seed!🫠

crosman-crosman-copperhead-steel-bbs-6000ct.jpg
 
I get a nice surprise every time I grow Early Queen.

EARLY QUEEN - yep, need the step ladder to check upper part of plant! 🤩

View attachment 106093

EARLY QUEEN - bad-ass Sativa. Clear, energetic, creative, daytime high! SATIVA!

View attachment 106094

EARLY QUEEN - thin leaf Indica pheno. Clear, energetic, creative, daytime high!

View attachment 106095




BB's(ball bearing) are the ammo used for BB Guns. They are made of various metals and about the size of a cannabis seed. "The Golden BB" is the seed that produces a breeding plant that gets your face on the cover of magazines.

The concept of a "golden BB" is a source of fear for combat aviators, who have to face the possibility of their aircraft being destroyed by a single, lucky shot.

I just need a single, lucky seed!🫠

View attachment 106096
Thanks for clarifying longball. As someone who was going for their PPL a few years ago, I'm surprised I've never heard of that term before. Maybe I have but I've just forgotten it. Normal BBs I have heard of before, though it has been some time since I shot one
 
Back
Top