Sam The Skunkman finally admitted to working with GMO marijuana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntmassa

QUOTE=Sam_Skunkman;8125709]In general I oppose GMO crops, they may or not be safe but I hate they way it is used to create varieties that are resistant to Roundup and the like.
CRISPR is different in that no foreign DNA is inserted, it is a tool to edit the genes, and does really the same as breeding but with much more rapid results, as the same alterations will occur in nature or in classical breeding at a much slower rate. CRISPR tech can be considered organic by some groups and not by others. The USDA and various Organic Associations around the world seem to differ on opinions. It can be used to reduce dependence on pesticides, and fungicides, that is good.
CRISPR tech does not require the same disclosure as GMO crops with inserted foreign genes in them, CRISPR can be done with Cannabis and no one could tell the difference between a plant breed using classical breeding and a CRISPR modified plant, so it will happen, but to use the tech it is expensive and also proprietary tech but the savings in time, labor and money using it compared to classical breeding will ensure it is widely use in the near future.
-SamS[/QUOTE]

I've known for a while GW Pharmacuticals was working in partnership with Veritas Pharma Inc. which is the first company to patent a marijuana plant most likely it would be a GMO plant. The company does have an investors statement in which they admit to working to genetically engineer marijuana.

But now Sam is speaking of GMO marijuana that he claimed nobody was working on when I knew it was 100% being worked on thanks to Chimeras work as head breeder with Veritas Pharma Inc. :D

its times to make my own seeds and stay away from cannabis biz, all this shit is scaring. Chimera seeds are just reworked nevil 'genetic and some north america indicas, nothing new and the price is not so low so not for me thanks, sam the skunkman can keep all his haze hybrids f1 strains too, no CRISPR for me thanks.

We are working AGAINST nature. CRISPR or not, what are we hoping to achieve?
Faster, stronger, better? Everything needs it's time and this is not set by us but our maker: Nature.

The more we are trying to improve, the more we will fail.

Stay relaxed. We understand nothing.

its times to make my own seeds and stay away from cannabis biz, all this shit is scaring. Chimera seeds are just reworked nevil 'genetic and some north america indicas, nothing new and the price is not so low so not for me thanks, sam the skunkman can keep all his haze hybrids f1 strains too, no CRISPR for me thanks.

Chimera's seeds have very little in common with Neville's. They are pretty far removed with
the possible exception of a line or two. Especially when compared to many Dutch companies.

CRISPR only uses genes from within the organism if I understand correctly. That is way different than the GMOs that splice rat DNA into tomato DNA. Still a concern but not in the league of creating true chimeras, part fish and part monkey like.

Blunt one you seem like John Oliver and his Drumph "gotcha" gag.

Chimera's seeds have very little in common with Neville's. They are pretty far removed with
the possible exception of a line or two. Especially when compared to many Dutch companies.

CRISPR only uses genes from within the organism if I understand correctly. That is way different than the GMOs that splice rat DNA into tomato DNA. Still a concern but not in the league of creating true chimeras, part fish and part monkey like.

maybe im wrong but except dj short genetics (and its overpriced overrated genectics IMO) i was thinking canadian genetics were the result of dutch seeds companies and to me chimera seeds is the result of this, maybe he crossed recently some well known clones only but again, chem, piff, jack, sweet skunk comes all from nevil's strains or sensiseeds which is basicly the same thing.

i will read what is precisly CRISPR but honestly i find sam the skunkman to be a shady person and a know it all, i created everything man like. i should give him credit where its due he sells pure haze seeds and skunk seeds to nevil but one thing is clear to me, in the modern history of cannabis, its not him who bred and share all the well known high quality skunk hybrids and haze hybrids strains we all know ( great white shark, superskunk, early skunk, skunk haze, nevils haze, super silver haze...) and its not him who share the medicinal CBD enriched strains or low THC strains we see at CBD crew now. he bred many strains as i understand and he has some almost pure CBD, pure CBG and pure CBC separate strains bred thru selfing but he never released them to the public. who he choose to sell his seeds ? us the growers ? no, he choose a pharmacetical company GW pharmaceutical. to me it tells a lot.
I have some real trouble to understand the man was a hippie travelling in afghanistan, india, nepal in the 70's. im surprised he's not already working with the israelies... my 2 cents my friends

Last edited:

https://www.livescience.com/60747-crispr-creates-low-fat-piglets.html

If you read this article they speak of CRISPR and they call it GMO so you can try to tell me it's not all you like. You can't breed a low fat pig overnight like the Chinese did, well I'm sure it took some time but not several years.

I honestly don't give a damn who wants to grow GMO weed just thought people would like to see that it's truly happening. Of course I knew it was happening I've proved it before just Sam and Chimera always denied having any knowledge it was being done.

I could careless what Chimera has for seeds too it's all clone only's crossed to Jack and before that it was a mixture of DJ Short pollen chucked on clone only's. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm not going to stay silent about big pharma trying to control the marijuana industry.

I also know many many people have came to the conclusion Sam The Skunkman has been a DEA informant since before he met Nevil and Nevil never denied it only confirmed it.

Also the DNA database Sam collected is going to be a tool for the DEA. I certainly have not seen anything nice from the DNA (mapping) though might help with GMO's. For a plant to obtain a patent it must be either GMO or true breeding as far as I understand.

A ship load of conflation going on here in my OPINION.

I'm not really happy about CRISPR, but it works WITHIN the existing genome. GMO tends to refer to "Chimeras" created through inserting genetic material from completely different organisms. Like when crops have Bacillus thuringiensis genetic material introduced into their genome.

In theory, everything that can be accomplished through CRISPR could be accomplished through breeding. Not so with GMO. Both are suspect, but they are not the same thing.

As for Sam.... I hate to prejudge. Which is where prejudice comes from. Don't like Sam, that is fine. Just because he is suspect doesn't mean he can't have valuable ideas. Hell, HE is largely responsible for the upstream genetics for Neville. I see people scrambling to pin down Neville's lines every day. Like he created them out of thin air.

I would personally prefer male/female matings and testing. People are being taught that waiting and patience are for fools. I will continue my chopping wood and carrying water, the old way.

Well Nevil certainly didn't create them all himself Sam did come out with Skunk, but after the Sacred Seeds bust which was a collective of seed breeders since the 1930's I believe it was... He did bring about a good amount of strains sure but I think he did more harm than good to this day with his partnership with GW Pharmacuticals.

Really the only reason I'm against medical marijuana. As we see in recent news the first person dead from cannabis a 11 month old who ate some edibles. Not like the baby couldn't have fell out of a window do to shitty parents.

Then in VT a man killed 5 teenagers from driving under the influence of marijuana. That was the headline but the article went on to say that man also had fentanyl and some Barbiturate in his system.

Certainly not a coincidence for those who want to keep marijuana a highly controlled substance. No way would anyone in the cannabis industry conspire against us. LMAO

We have seen the Dutch fight over creations like Blueberry hustle that their AK-47 or Kali Mist is unique. Why oh why would nobody conspire against majority of the seed industry in favor of their GW Pharmacuticals?? Especially when everyone knows Sam is a rat?

Doctors Geoffrey Guy and Brian Whittle founded GW Pharmaceuticals in 1998. That year they obtained a cultivation license from the United Kingdom Home Office and the MHRA, allowing GW Pharmaceuticals to cultivate cannabis from seeds and clones to conduct scientific research concerning the medicinal uses of the plant.[7][8]

HortaPharm Edit
In July 1998, GW Pharmaceuticals collaborated with HortaPharm B.V., a cannabis research and development corporation based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands,[9] founded by two expert horticulturists from California,[10] Robert Connell Clarke[11] and David Paul Watson, also known as 'Sam the Skunkman'. [12] HortaPharm grew medicinal strains for the Dutch government.[13][14] [15] [16]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GW_Pharmaceuticals

The Sam rat thing..... If you weren't there, it's hearsay.

Currently I am tired of the public in general just filling in the blanks after the "if" in today's accusation equals guilty environment.

Many people I respect respect him. I withhold judgement. This is all pretty funny because I actually had Sam basically begging me to side with him in one of the many "he said she said" arguments over on ICM. I won't. Too many conflicting reports. It becomes a popularity contest instead of measured analysis.

I also know many many people have came to the conclusion Sam The Skunkman has been a DEA informant since before he met Nevil and Nevil never denied it only confirmed it.

Also the DNA database Sam collected is going to be a tool for the DEA. I certainly have not seen anything nice from the DNA (mapping) though might help with GMO's. For a plant to obtain a patent it must be either GMO or true breeding as far as I understand.

Yep a lot of people with cred think Sam is a DEA narc. Let's face it the guy does a runner from the US after the Sacred Seed Collective gets taken down. Somehow though Sam manages to grab the seed while it is under DEA watch. He then shows in NL and the busts begin. The corker though is he is/was the first and only person to be given DEA approval to export his seeds to the US. Go figure!

lol. I should just be saying, it pays to separate the message from the messenger at times.

I should have realized this was Sam Slammin thread from the outset. :D

Yep a lot of people with cred think Sam is a DEA narc. Let's face it the guy does a runner from the US after the Sacred Seed Collective gets taken down. Somehow though Sam manages to grab the seed while it is under DEA watch. He then shows in NL and the busts begin. The corker though is he is/was the first and only person to be given DEA approval to export his seeds to the US. Go figure!

G `day Glow

How about Santy Clause and the Easter Bunny ?

They are about as credible as the sacred seeds bust story .
Show me the hard evidence before the hear say ?

You think a Narc could survive 30 years in Amsterdam ???

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Could a narc survive? yes I believe one could. This and every thread on the subject should show you how.. your attitude shows us how.. most won't cut off somebody on unfounded rumours.. some will still want beneficial product/information no matter who or where it comes from.. dea aren't going to come out and give everybody the proof either way in our lifetime, so unless Sam himself said he was, it'll forever be a rumour. Maybe dea stuff becomes public record in 200 years? Idk.. that said,I'm that minority that'll just keep away once the rumour hits, no point making shit easy for them and what am I missing out on? Nothing... and nothing that I can't get elsewhere..

Last edited:
A ship load of conflation going on here in my OPINION.

I'm not really happy about CRISPR, but it works WITHIN the existing genome. GMO tends to refer to "Chimeras" created through inserting genetic material from completely different organisms. Like when crops have Bacillus thuringiensis genetic material introduced into their genome.

In theory, everything that can be accomplished through CRISPR could be accomplished through breeding. Not so with GMO. Both are suspect, but they are not the same thing.

As for Sam.... I hate to prejudge. Which is where prejudice comes from. Don't like Sam, that is fine. Just because he is suspect doesn't mean he can't have valuable ideas. Hell, HE is largely responsible for the upstream genetics for Neville. I see people scrambling to pin down Neville's lines every day. Like he created them out of thin air.

I would personally prefer male/female matings and testing. People are being taught that waiting and patience are for fools. I will continue my chopping wood and carrying water, the old way.

Two things:
First CRISP can introduce outside genes in a organism (making what you call a chimera).
Second where are the outstanding lines that Sam the Skunkman brings? Whem you see, for example, the best sativa in the leafly catalog you will see a lot of SSH crosses. Where are the Sam hazes?

Two things:
First CRISP can introduce outside genes in a organism (making what you call a chimera).
Second where are the outstanding lines that Sam the Skunkman brings? Whem you see, for example, the best sativa in the leafly catalog you will see a lot of SSH crosses. Where are the Sam hazes?
CRISPR works within the organism's existing genome.
Haze a and c. Neville popped seeds supplied by Sam.

Last edited:
My issues with David Watson (AKA: Sam the Skunkman, Dr Frankenbeanstein, Sam Selezney, etc. etc.) is that he was supplied the seeds from the DEA busts in California and made a fortune off of them. He also took full credit for developing many of those strains; Cali-O and Skunk, among others. He also claims to have founded Sacred Seeds in 1974, which is a flat out lie. It was established in the late 1930s or early 1940s. He was never the manager there, or head breeder. He was a hanger outer there. Also everyone around him in Santa Cruz and later in Amsterdam wound up getting busted and doing jail time, while he walked every time. Never mind that his arrest record from the Sacred Seeds bust has been mysteriously redacted or removed at the Santa Cruz sheriff's office, even though the earlier Dutch investigation uncovered it's existence earlier with dates and specifics.

While it is true that Watson wound up injecting genetics into the global weed scene, albeit indirectly for rather sinister reasons set up by the DEA, they were not developed by him, at least not in California. I do not know what he did with the seeds in Amsterdam, but I know a lot about what was going on here in the US west, and particularly the Monterey Bay area at that time. Skunk weed was all over the place in the late 1970s. No way one grower developed it or grew it. Cali-O was developed by Jerry Beisler. Also the Haze Bros are a retro-lie that he made up for High Times. They were not brothers, and they were not named Haze. There was no Haze strain around there before 1986 that I am aware of either, nor has anyone else that I knew there heard of it. I lived in the Monterey Bay area from 1966 to 1986, then in Los Gatos and the San Jose area from 1993 to 2003.

As for his GMO stuff, he still denies that he has anything to do with them. He says that he is 'retired' now, obviously fat and living off his profits from the sales of his companies. He also seems to be immune to DEA prosecution, and his arrest record has been wiped clean. He told me that he had over a metric ton of seeds. I dunno what he is going to do with them all. Amusing too, if you post anything negative about him a lot of places online, there are usually instant doubters and supporters of him. Some are obviously him with yet more aliases. I had one person pop up and tell me that I had to be born there to know anyone like the Haze Bros. in Correlitos. Pffft... I knew a LOT of heavies in Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Prunedale, Salinas, Monterey, Big Sur and Santa Cruz in the 70s and 80s. They (and I) were dealing a LOT of weed and other stuff. Big Sur and Prunedale were pretty closed communities, but if you had good weed? Same in Santa Cruz, like at the Old Sash Mill. I got the band Crazy Horse so stoned one night they had to stop playing. That was in 1978 when I had a bag of fresh bud from Carmel Valley, grown from seeds that I had supplied a friend. Niel Young got really pissed and stomped off, as was typical. He was mad that no one was dancing that night anyway.

The shit I stirred up back then. Meh, no one cares any more. Certainly not the millennials. History has been re-written and is vastly different than the era that I lived in.

CRISPR works within the organism's existing genome.
Haze a and c. Neville popped seeds supplied by Sam.

You can use CRISP to put a exogenous gene in a existing DNA.
People try not to do that so the plant does not need to be called GMO.
Having good genetics and knowing how to use this genetics are two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back