Red Devil Flower Review

Canadadank

Hello Mr. Nice Forum members, this is my first post here. Thought I'd make it a good one! What I have here are pictures of an old cutting of Red Devil from when Shanti was with Greenhouse Seeds. These were taken in 2009 from a medical dispensary in my hometown (which is a secret!).

These flowers are some of my favourite I have ever tasted, if not my favourite. They have a very oldschool quality about them that you don't taste in flowers today. From far away, the smell is crazy skunk like no other, pure road kill skunk! The smell is in the jar is like a dead skunks ass, acridness, sweet earthiness, citrus, and nag champa. When ground up the smell is nose stinging and reeks of citrus, skunk, terpentine and acrid earthiness. When you smoke it, the taste is ALWAYS the same no matter what you smoke it in whether it is a joint, a pipe, a bong or and homeless mans boot. It is like overpowering lemon floor cleaner with hints of ammonia and turpentine. It is the strongest tasting strain I've had to date and I must have tasted hundreds of different strains including a variety of Shanti strains. It lasts and lasts and lasts. In fact, it lasts longer than most dabs of BHO/Rosin I've tried. This stuff is crazy on the olfactory system! The buzz is immediate, long lasting (at least 2 hours for a 0.3g bowl) and has very desirable qualities to it. I found it very medicinal. This strain was perfect for fighting depression. I could never have a bad time when smoking Red Devil. The buzz was eurphoric, heavy with crazy couch lock abilities, and warm. It was like putting a heated blanket on your body, and the buzz would throb. It was more like taking Oxycontin than smoking herb! When the buzz cleared up, it didn't leave me feeling burned out. On the contrary, it left me energized and ready for more! :D
I wish I still had access to this stuff. It was the best medical bud I ever had. It would obliterate my IBS symptoms as well as my depression and anxiety disorders (Tourettes Syndrome, OCD, and GAD) and leave me feeling amazing. Although not the most functional buzz, it was perfect for severe medical symptoms. However, for a new smoker, this may not be the best smoke. I accidentally gave my mom a too big of joint of it. She smoked the whole thing and was couch locked for seven hours straight. I also had a nearly non smoking friend take a rip from a pipe and pass out, smashing his head of the concrete. It is VERY powerful stuff and quite possibly my favourite strain of all time. The last thing I thought that was worth mentioning is was the structure. The buds were airy in some places but where the calyxes formed the buds were ULTRA dense that were impossible to break up without scissors or a grinder. Each bud would have 5-8 little clusters. The form of the buds were really unique and not something I'd ever encountered and have not encountered since!

So all in all, if you ever see this stuff well grown, do NOT hesitate to get it. I am not sure whether I just had a freak pheno or whether all Red Devil (and now just Devil) is like this.

I would like to post some pictures of the bud I was smoking but for some reason it is not letting me. When I do figure out how I will post them to this thread.

Cheers,
CanadaDank

pic's

Where are the pic's
hello mr. Nice forum members, this is my first post here. Thought i'd make it a good one! What i have here are pictures of an old cutting of red devil from when shanti was with greenhouse seeds. These were taken in 2009 from a medical dispensary in my hometown (which is a secret!).

These flowers are some of my favourite i have ever tasted, if not my favourite. They have a very oldschool quality about them that you don't taste in flowers today. From far away, the smell is crazy skunk like no other, pure road kill skunk! The smell is in the jar is like a dead skunks ass, acridness, sweet earthiness, citrus, and nag champa. When ground up the smell is nose stinging and reeks of citrus, skunk, terpentine and acrid earthiness. When you smoke it, the taste is always the same no matter what you smoke it in whether it is a joint, a pipe, a bong or and homeless mans boot. It is like overpowering lemon floor cleaner with hints of ammonia and turpentine. It is the strongest tasting strain i've had to date and i must have tasted hundreds of different strains including a variety of shanti strains. It lasts and lasts and lasts. In fact, it lasts longer than most dabs of bho/rosin i've tried. This stuff is crazy on the olfactory system! The buzz is immediate, long lasting (at least 2 hours for a 0.3g bowl) and has very desirable qualities to it. I found it very medicinal. This strain was perfect for fighting depression. I could never have a bad time when smoking red devil. The buzz was eurphoric, heavy with crazy couch lock abilities, and warm. It was like putting a heated blanket on your body, and the buzz would throb. It was more like taking oxycontin than smoking herb! When the buzz cleared up, it didn't leave me feeling burned out. On the contrary, it left me energized and ready for more! :d
i wish i still had access to this stuff. It was the best medical bud i ever had. It would obliterate my ibs symptoms as well as my depression and anxiety disorders (tourettes syndrome, ocd, and gad) and leave me feeling amazing. Although not the most functional buzz, it was perfect for severe medical symptoms. However, for a new smoker, this may not be the best smoke. I accidentally gave my mom a too big of joint of it. She smoked the whole thing and was couch locked for seven hours straight. I also had a nearly non smoking friend take a rip from a pipe and pass out, smashing his head of the concrete. It is very powerful stuff and quite possibly my favourite strain of all time. The last thing i thought that was worth mentioning is was the structure. The buds were airy in some places but where the calyxes formed the buds were ultra dense that were impossible to break up without scissors or a grinder. Each bud would have 5-8 little clusters. The form of the buds were really unique and not something i'd ever encountered and have not encountered since!

So all in all, if you ever see this stuff well grown, do not hesitate to get it. I am not sure whether i just had a freak pheno or whether all red devil (and now just devil) is like this.

I would like to post some pictures of the bud i was smoking but for some reason it is not letting me. When i do figure out how i will post them to this thread.

Cheers,
canadadank

Can someone give me some pointers on uploading photos? Two of them are over a 1 mb thus too big and another just failed. I don't get why? And I'm not sure how to do the URL function. I'd love to show these pics off but I need help.

The "url thingy" requires that u post ur pics in yer album and get the url from each pic ya posted and u use that in yer post here creating a link. Click the link in ruze's post and u'll see it.

YJ

Last edited:
The "url thingy" requires that u post ur pics in yer album and get the url from each pic ya posted and u use that in yer post here creating a link. Click the link in ruze's post and u'll see it.

YJ

I'm trying to do that but when I click on "Select Files for Upload" nothing happens. I'm not sure what I going on. Do I have to have a certain number of posts to upload files or something? :confused:

Thank you for the mouthwatering report! Although it probably means that the next few weeks of Devil auctions will go for over 20euros which put them out of ol Paddy's short-arm reach. :p Been wanting to rerun these since I grower errored my way through a pack in 2009 :rolleyes:

The photo hosting/uploading on this board has been "funny" for years. I upload my pics to icmag & link them into my posts here.

Thank you for the mouthwatering report! Although it probably means that the next few weeks of Devil auctions will go for over 20euros which put them out of ol Paddy's short-arm reach. :p Been wanting to rerun these since I grower errored my way through a pack in 2009 :rolleyes:

The photo hosting/uploading on this board has been "funny" for years. I upload my pics to icmag & link them into my posts here.

Thanks PatrickStar!
I appreciate the kind words.

And thanks to everyone else. Sorry if I didn't mention you by name, I'm still new at this.

I wish I had a picture of the inside of the flower. It is one of the frostiest strains my eyes have ever gazed upon. On the inside, especially where the calyxes clustered, it was pure yellow. She had amazing trichome density. The grower had it unbelievably dialed. I REALLY wish I could try this again. Actually, what I'd really love to try is rosining her. I bet her rosin would taste insanely good and yield wonderfully!

Awesome smoke report.. Was something really special the old red devil.. Some great phenos in there to be found!
Your description sounds exactly like the old clone flouting around Aus in the late 90,s early 2000,s.
Was sold by an underground clone company at the time Aussie S. P. C... I'll never forget that clone!

Hello Mr. Nice Forum members, this is my first post here. Thought I'd make it a good one! What I have here are pictures of an old cutting of Red Devil from when Shanti was with Greenhouse Seeds. These were taken in 2009 from a medical dispensary in my hometown (which is a secret!).

These flowers are some of my favourite I have ever tasted, if not my favourite. They have a very oldschool quality about them that you don't taste in flowers today. From far away, the smell is crazy skunk like no other, pure road kill skunk! The smell is in the jar is like a dead skunks ass, acridness, sweet earthiness, citrus, and nag champa. When ground up the smell is nose stinging and reeks of citrus, skunk, terpentine and acrid earthiness. When you smoke it, the taste is ALWAYS the same no matter what you smoke it in whether it is a joint, a pipe, a bong or and homeless mans boot. It is like overpowering lemon floor cleaner with hints of ammonia and turpentine. It is the strongest tasting strain I've had to date and I must have tasted hundreds of different strains including a variety of Shanti strains. It lasts and lasts and lasts. In fact, it lasts longer than most dabs of BHO/Rosin I've tried. This stuff is crazy on the olfactory system! The buzz is immediate, long lasting (at least 2 hours for a 0.3g bowl) and has very desirable qualities to it. I found it very medicinal. This strain was perfect for fighting depression. I could never have a bad time when smoking Red Devil. The buzz was eurphoric, heavy with crazy couch lock abilities, and warm. It was like putting a heated blanket on your body, and the buzz would throb. It was more like taking Oxycontin than smoking herb! When the buzz cleared up, it didn't leave me feeling burned out. On the contrary, it left me energized and ready for more! :D
I wish I still had access to this stuff. It was the best medical bud I ever had. It would obliterate my IBS symptoms as well as my depression and anxiety disorders (Tourettes Syndrome, OCD, and GAD) and leave me feeling amazing. Although not the most functional buzz, it was perfect for severe medical symptoms. However, for a new smoker, this may not be the best smoke. I accidentally gave my mom a too big of joint of it. She smoked the whole thing and was couch locked for seven hours straight. I also had a nearly non smoking friend take a rip from a pipe and pass out, smashing his head of the concrete. It is VERY powerful stuff and quite possibly my favourite strain of all time. The last thing I thought that was worth mentioning is was the structure. The buds were airy in some places but where the calyxes formed the buds were ULTRA dense that were impossible to break up without scissors or a grinder. Each bud would have 5-8 little clusters. The form of the buds were really unique and not something I'd ever encountered and have not encountered since!

So all in all, if you ever see this stuff well grown, do NOT hesitate to get it. I am not sure whether I just had a freak pheno or whether all Red Devil (and now just Devil) is like this.

I would like to post some pictures of the bud I was smoking but for some reason it is not letting me. When I do figure out how I will post them to this thread.

Cheers,
CanadaDank

sorry to revive this old thread so can we still find that roadkil skunk pheno inside the devil?

devil is an underated strain

i am very suprised by is fragant

the most i have smoke from mns

the phenotype i like smell a kind of orange blossom

it is very sticky with a big yield

on the 4 plants this one is the best

2 are good so

and the last one is ridiculous no taste no effect

sorry to revive this old thread so can we still find that roadkil skunk pheno inside the devil?

like i say on another thread is not a stupid idea

maybe the skunk pheno of the devil can be interesting
but i no see him
i do 5 seeds and got 4 fem and all are afghan style

the skunk pheno that should be more rare

the cross is afghan skunk x afghan
that should be difficulte to found a skunk phenotype but not impossible

Last edited:
I, too, am surpries that you found anything reminiscent of old skunk spray in this line, however I only ran 20 something females. Ive only seen that smell from afghani and super skunk (afghani skunk1) so its not terribly shocking, though. I found a lot of odd citrus perfume frangrances and a lot of generic fruit akin to skunk 1.

Waiting and hoping for shanti to release old super skunk pure

devil is an underated strain

i am very suprised by is fragant

the most i have smoke from mns

the phenotype i like smell a kind of orange blossom

it is very sticky with a big yield

on the 4 plants this one is the best

2 are good so

and the last one is ridiculous no taste no effect

Back