Questions regarding outdoor strains from Mr. Nice

If there are no branches it would be pretty hard to take a clone from nowhere except main grow tip but that would defeat the object of cloning in the first place.
What kind of yield do these little things put out? Id hazard a guess like 7-12 grms max when dry.
budmaster

They do branch out. I've grown Auto AK47 and Auto Hindu Kush.

It is the autoflowering trait that prevents cloning.

Yield on the AK47 outdoors 30-50g around 1m high, Hindu Kush around 15-30g, around 60cm high.

Last edited:
Early Queen

In Shanti's Top Ten Outdoor Grow Tips , The Early Queen Was The Plant Reccomended By MNS;)
Great Article, BTW
Joe:)

I grew a couple of EQs last year (North Wales as well), only two germinated which were attacked by insects and a fungus, taking most of the leaves off. They didn't finish as early as I'd hoped - around mid-late Oct, but they were in the ground, not pots. I've got another pack of EQ for this year as well as the Devil clones I have. Devil are advertised for greenhouse/outdoor.

I read about a technique (I think on this site) where the plant is vegged under 24 hours light to maturity (indoors/greenhouse) then placed outside in July where it will spontaneously flower, even under summer hours. Not tried it myself. I'm going to get a couple of plastic dustbins to force flower a couple this year.

Incidentally, the EQ were the first MNS seeds I tried; when I mentioned the germ rate to Shanti he sent me a pack of SSH! Since then I've grown SSH and Devil, have BW starting to flower now, and G13/Sk and G13/W in the fridge for a future grow. Funny to think I might not have them all if the first EQ had germinated.

''I read about a technique (I think on this site) where the plant is vegged under 24 hours light to maturity (indoors/greenhouse) then placed outside in July where it will spontaneously flower, even under summer hours.''

hi Dogstar,

a non auto variety will not flower under 'veg lighting' no matter how mature it is.
Note 'veg lighting' is different for different strains as different genetics respond differently to different photoperiods.

If you see a plant flowers (indoors or outdoors) , with more than 12 hrs of darkness per day it only means that the hrs of darkness it receives are enough for inducing flowering for this strain.
Some strains flower with ~12 hrs of darkness other strains need more others less.
Many strains can flower with around 10-11hrs of darkness and I believe this is the case with the example you mention you had read.

Chapter 9 - Darkening , Or Weatherproofing Plants

During Their Final Weeks
Shanti Covers This Stage Where One Can Force Flower ( By Placing In Total Darkness For 12 Hours ).
I Use A Similar Technique By Putting The Girls To bed @ 8 Pm , And Then Bringing Them Out @ 8 A.M
This Speeds Up Flowering , And Helps Compensate For Our Unpredictable Welsh Weather
This Little Turk Was Force Flowered Last Summer ( If You Could Call It That ):(
Joe:)

Attachments

• Ali Baba - Single Leaf Sativa.jpg
    Ali Baba - Single Leaf Sativa.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Ali Baba- June 21-2008.jpg
    Ali Baba- June 21-2008.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Ali Baba Stretch.jpg
    Ali Baba Stretch.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 4
  • Middle Turk Shadowed By Big Turk-006-ag11.jpg
    Middle Turk Shadowed By Big Turk-006-ag11.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Turkish Sativa Grown In North Wales-October.jpg
    Turkish Sativa Grown In North Wales-October.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ActuallyCloningInsideBuddysBrain.jpg
    ActuallyCloningInsideBuddysBrain.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 4
Hi Dogstar i understand what youre saying but they could be cloned but it would be a waste of time.
No point going on with this as its a non starter i suppose.
Quite a good yield for the plant sizes of the outdoor auto's.
JoeKingPark your 4th, 5th and 6th pictures above, just how big were they when they finished?
budmaster

Hi Dogstar
The Big Turks Topped Out At Five Feet ( 2x 4 Feet And One x5Feet )
Turkish Bagseed , Totally Unpredictable
But , Hey , Better Than Hay :D
This Year The Whole Worlds A Stage :D
( Have Space , Will Grow, Candu Spirit )
Joe

Attachments

• Inside Tent-Lorry Lit Up By Halides.JPG
    Inside Tent-Lorry Lit Up By Halides.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 9
Back