outdoor rain

Kazan

hi all.

i was wondering, how much rain is ok for the outdoor plot? i know it depends on many factors about the place, the altitude, the outdoor conditions.

but how much rain (in mm) is enough for your plants? if it rains something like 10 mm one day, do i have to go and check if they need water in the next week or so?

in my area i had about 4-5 big rains last month with 5mm, 7mm, 15 mm rain each day and several small ones (smthing like 0,5-1 mm rain).

thanks in advance

Hi,

I have Both a very wet season and a very dry season here in SEASIA,also grew out in oz in some pretty dry conditions,

I don't have an exact ratio for you, but i have not had any real problems with over watering or underwatering with plants in soil(as long as the plant looks healthy,and the area does not flood) The soil will retain moisture very well, Check the other plants around your area and plot,

I have grown out in containers in these same conditions and they are much more problematic, but have their own perks as well

Out in the ground even in temperatures around 100 degress, i have had nice results, just needed to water a little more.. and with outdoor plants i am of the "March or Die" school of thought, Give them a good start and consistent basic care and watering and the results are excellent

My suggestion is to get well established plants indoors id say about a foot or 18 inches tall and transplant, in my experience with Healthy small plants put out with rudimentary care the results will be very nice,

If there is any rain i'd say you have a week or so before you need to check on your plants, A good soaking every week or 10 days on established plants will be worth the effort, I don't know your situation exactly, but a few nice rains a month should keep all green and happy, But Check on your plants if you feel they need it!!

The rambling is free of charge as well:D

thanks for your answer whomever... my plants were about 3/4 - 1 feet when they were transplanted outdoors, and well established in their pots (big and healthy roots). i was lucky enough to have rain during and after the transplant (5 days ago) and today i see we had a t-storm, heavy rain, in afternoon which will continue half the night...
my spot is 100-120 feet (30-40m) above sea level.

the problem is that i'm 200 km away from my spot, so it's not so easy to go and check. i'll ask some friends of mine to tell me what happened (how much it rained, for how long etc) but i think i will go there tomorrow to check for myself. although i have a feeling that everything is ok and i'm gonna meet some "little" monsters there! :p

thanks again for your contribution whomever... :)

anyone else has an opinion about this? how much rain (in mm) and dry periods is ok for your plants? say 10mm one day and 5 dry days after, is good enough?

No sweat and i doubt you'll have any problems with the plants in that condition,

I can appreciate the distance i have a large plot that is 4 hrs on a third world road..every form of human transportation since biblical times..:eek:It is a trying experience i can get out about once every 10 days camp out do the business then F@#k off back home

What do you have running out there if you dont mind my asking?

I've got a few of each serious seeds strain
alot of Critical Haze out there, Master Kaze along with a few Sensi Jack,

What do you use for fertzs?, I just use a simple all purpose grandular and it seem to work Very Good, i dress with ash when they are way into flower, This simple method works well for me and is Incredibly cheap,
1 large bag of coco soil-4 dollars
I small bag of Composted cow manure=75 cents
1 small bag of Worm castings=1 dollars
Dig out a good hole and Dress as per directions monthly,
Some Ash=free,

with about 25 ladies average...life is gonna be pretty good

Huggies - Disposable Diapers ( UK=Nappies )

These Provide A Great Emergency Resevoir When Planted In A Separate Hole Alongside Each Plant
For Heavy Rains , I Reccomend A Technique As Described By Wenkles From Soft Secrets; Grow In Large Tubs And The Bury Them 3/4 Underground , Using Plenty Of Perlite/ Gravel For Good Drainage.
Place Some Wood In A Criss Cross Manner In The Bottom Of The Hole, Then Sit The Tub On The Wood
( This technique Is Great If You Have To Relocate Your Plants , Or Decide To Force Flower Them ;))
JKP

Good idea about the Tubs!

I still tend to grow in containers, i like the flexibility of being able to move around

I will try the tub idea, and get the little ones out to dig me some holes

I am basically doing a dutch sea of green except the Sun is my HPS,
Germinating and veg tell sex shows, take a cutting in case something interesting happening, plant out a female and rotate on through, Whoms all Cannabis marching band!

What do you have running out there if you dont mind my asking?

I've got a few of each serious seeds strain
alot of Critical Haze out there, Master Kaze along with a few Sensi Jack,

hi whomever! i have Nevilles Haze X Mango Haze (a cross from a friend), 303xBahia, 303xC99, ApolloXLieuHahnXBubblegum and a local strain (just to be sure something will finish ok! )

What do you use for fertzs?, I just use a simple all purpose grandular and it seem to work Very Good, i dress with ash when they are way into flower, This simple method works well for me and is Incredibly cheap,

i have mixed various kinds of soil in the holes. biobizz Allmix, manure, dolomite, perlite, various brands of soil and some of the local soil. I already added some biobizz grow and later on I will add some bloom fert (maybe biobizz bloom). i am really interested for the ash u mention. How much do you use for every plant, at what stage do you put it? does it have to be there from early season, or can i add it at the beginning of bloom?

also from what wood should the ash be made of? i don't think every wood's ash is good... can u explain a bit? thanks!

with about 25 ladies average...life is gonna be pretty good

much success to ya my friend! i have 9 ladies out, and yesterday i checked them. They are doing very well, doubled in size! wonder what they might look like in fall! MONSTERS!

These Provide A Great Emergency Resevoir When Planted In A Separate Hole Alongside Each Plant
For Heavy Rains , I Reccomend A Technique As Described By Wenkles From Soft Secrets; Grow In Large Tubs And The Bury Them 3/4 Underground , Using Plenty Of Perlite/ Gravel For Good Drainage.
Place Some Wood In A Criss Cross Manner In The Bottom Of The Hole, Then Sit The Tub On The Wood
( This technique Is Great If You Have To Relocate Your Plants , Or Decide To Force Flower Them ;))
JKP

very interesting method there JKP! although i cannot do it now, cause the ladies are allready in soil! but I will definetely gonna try it next year!
thanks for your time!

but my real question was: how much rain in mm shall i have per week or so, so I can be sure that my ladies are ok? although they dont mind at all having a bath every other day. they are taking it good and grow like DAEMONS!

hi kazan, regarding your question of rain. As long as your ladies have good drainage and the water isnt staying in pools under the plants you should be fine(if drainage isnt sufficient they can drown) The only other thing i can suggest is to check on them until they are established after severe weather like the thunder you described or really strong winds,just to make sure they havent had any breakage or they are laying on their sides, any reason to prevent mold or fungus or disease from getting a foothold . aside from drainage and weather damage , the ladies are fairly resilient to the elements, so try to enjoy it rather than stress yourself.Over here anything we do outdoors that we manage to keep(cops thieves,animals etc etc)we tend to look at it as a blessing and a freebie lol happy trails friend and good luck

Mangoxneville.. I've got that one on the books to put out this month..so they will be finishing up just as the dry season comes on...Gonna be huge out here after 30 days veg!

Really want to hear about how that NevxManggo goes

Lieu hanh? lets just say i am in a place where that is a pretty common name..The Sativas here are pretty great,

I don't apply Ash until the plants are really nice and set into Flower, It is a nice boost i chuck a handful per container, On the in the ground plants i apply much more 3-4 handfuls, I see Very good results with this,

From my own limited Vegetable gardening experience From what i understand The missing link is not pottasium its potash! many growers will overdo the P and neglect the K, Both are important but Most Potash requirments are filled while K gets left out a little,

I really keep it dirt simple, I use cow manure, Worm casstings and a large amount of coco soil, I dress once a month with a simple 16-8-16 If its grandular,

If it's in a growbed (a Very simple way to grow anything for cheap and get great results, Don't really know why this method is not more popular.probably not fashionable,

I apply as per directions of once a week,

9 females..i'm thinking a very nice harvest

Have you checked out Kog a growers lot on youtube?

Again dirt simple and easy,I am sticking at presnt to the "caveman sea off green" It works and i am Way to far out to get anything shipped here or get any designer nutes.,,if it works on the veggies it will work on the cannabis,

I heard reference madde to apply 200 ml of water every 3 days to an indoor soil setup, This maybe a useless reference but seems to be a starting point for some experiments with a Rain guage or something where you can get a rough guestimate by measuring rainfall in your county, That where i;d start sniffing around

that's my opinion also whomever. keep it simple, know what to do and what to except and everything will be ok. it's not difficult to grow, it's difficult to realise that it is just a plant, not Nuclear Science (although I know a lot about nuclear science also, lol).

i will try putting some ash in a 303xC99 (i have 4, so if i mess it up, i'll still have 3 left) and see the results. From what kind of wood should the ash be made of? I have lots of ash from my fireplace where I burn olive trees and pine. would that be allright? (i guess it will but I can resist the urge to ask and confirm! :) )

i agree with u about the potash. many growers forget about it and focus in Phosphorous. I'll apply to my babies, an all around bloom fertilizer at the start of flowering, so the ash thing is just an experiment and to see if there is a difference between natural stuff and organic(but industrial) fertilizers.

I think Lieu Hanh is Nevilles X Vietnamese. So that could explain that u know of it! but my cross is much more different. the cross with apollo and bubblegum, resulted in an indica looking plant. So, forget about nevilles and vietnamese sativas in this plant. it's ApolloXLieuHanhXBubblegum! i have it for a faster finishing time than the others. I think NevillesXmango and 303xBahia will be the 2 late ones in the garden. Might chop them earlier than what they need, but at least they won't get mold or something

thank you for your kind words. I hope for a good harvest also. Good luck with your babies!
The nevillesXmango is 2 feet now. I should have topped her, but i want to see how tall she is gonna be at the end! I don't have height issues, and also i need them to get a bit tall and not bushy and short cause i'm afraid the rain season in fall. I think that if they are taller, they will get more fresh air and dry them, which will prevent mold etc etc.

giovanni308 - thanks man. No they dont have water staying in pools. The dry season is starting! they are big enough now so they can handle a lot of bad things! :)
I'm lucky enough to grow in a place where I have a natural fence 4 meters tall, so thunders and winds dont get easy in there!
You are so right about : "try to enjoy it rather than stress yourself.Over here anything we do outdoors that we manage to keep(cops thieves,animals etc etc)we tend to look at it as a blessing and a freebie lol happy trails friend and good luck"
thanks again for your kind words!

much succes to ya all!

keep it green
kazan

Back