Other MNS Male candidates

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tieguanyin
  • Start date Start date
T

Tieguanyin

Guest
Black Widow gets a mention as good stock to choose a male from (why by the way? stability of charcteristics?)

I was just wondering if any other MNS strains offered some particularly interesting possibilities in the breeding department?
 
Hi T! I would imagine the SHIT strain would be good father/mother material. SHIT is Skunk#1, which is used as a base in a lot of strains-I think?

I think the Black Widow is good father/mother material because of the high THC production.

I wish I had the money to buy all of the strains available from MNS! :)


Peace.
 
its not stability with black widow its more a case of playing the genetics lottery u might lose but if u win u win big. if its stable ness u wont then go get a old landrace strain and cross it to that. if u wont something special then get a nice strain that u like and put the time in to make the strain stable or keep your favorite mother and clone it or stabilise the bw before u cross it. personally i like playing with strains and don't mind putting the time in and would rather have the chance of different percentages in the strain to breed from that gives u something more unique then using 2 stable strains. it means more work but ever heard the saying (what u put in u get out);)
 
I think its more just that when you find a good male that is a true breeding stud, it will be more likely to pass on the traits that you desire, and true bred strains like BW, AfgHz, and I think Spice and indeed Sk1, will have more chance of finding a true breeding stud which will be more beneficial to breeding projects, and more likely to predict the outcome of the cross. I think Shanti likens it to horse breeding somewhere here, and wasnt nevil a champion sheep breeder??
I may be totaly wrong as I have no breeding experience whatsoever!!! This is just what Ive picked up in my time here.
Hope this helps
Peace
BL
 
billy didnt think bw or agxhz were stable lines as theres a lot of diffrenc between 1 seed to the othere i grow 8 afxhz females not long ago and everyone had diffrent carictoristics when grown there were some realy nice plants in there and i have 2 females i keeped in cutting form to try later when i get sorted out again. thats why i like mns becouse u get a chance of more than 1 mum from a single pack of seeds u might get a real hazey plant and a fruity plant of the same cross in the same packet
 
I think the widow is regarded as a good breeding male because of it's stability and potency.

Ed Rosenthal talks about it in the big book of buds, suggesting the males to use as breeding material because of potency. A big hassle with breeding is finding a potent male, so at least with the widow males you've a better chance of finding one.

Peace GG
 
Back
Top