Ortega grow errors or NL#1 pheno?

For anyone who might be interested:

Medium: 3 gal (11L) FFHF soil with Dr. Earth dry amendments and Recharge
Time: 18/6 for 5 weeks, flowered for 13 weeks (pulled due to RH, should go 14wks)
Dry Wt: 108g + 2 unweighed sample colas and unharvested flowers left for reveg
Smell: Meat w/ culinary herbs, sweet, w/ very slight garlic/skunk
Flavor: Sweet, floral, culinary herbs
High: Moderate delay to onset. Long lasting. Initial high is functional transitioning to relaxed, then psychedelic couchlock and sleep. Decent pain relief. Found myself giggling at the most ridiculous nonsense. Great for if you want to get a few things knocked out or have a chill game session before you drift off. Black Domina and NL5xAfghan led me here. This pheno isn't what I was looking for, but worthwhile regardless.

Notes: Resilient to stress. Hollow stem and sturdy unsupported branches despite heavy colas. Buds will purple with cooler nighttime temps (we didn't get cool nights until harvest). Easy to trim. Clones readily. Many technical errors occurred that likely impacted end results. Made some significant top dress errors before heading out of town for 10 days during a heatwave, then was out of action with covid for another 3 weeks. I also had my dehumidifier break during a rainy stretch toward the end of flower. I found 1 male flower in the middle of a single cola during trimming, but no seeds so that seems reasonable considering. Has begun to reveg under 18/6. My straw has been 3/3 for twins. The twin of this female appeared NL5-leaning.

20231017_101214.jpg 20231017_114142.jpg

Attachments

• 20231017_114124.jpg
    20231017_114124.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 36
For anyone who might be interested:

Medium: 3 gal (11L) FFHF soil with Dr. Earth dry amendments and Recharge
Time: 18/6 for 5 weeks, flowered for 13 weeks (pulled due to RH, should go 14wks)
Dry Wt: 108g + 2 unweighed sample colas and unharvested flowers left for reveg
Smell: Meat w/ culinary herbs, sweet, w/ very slight garlic/skunk
Flavor: Sweet, floral, culinary herbs
High: Moderate delay to onset. Long lasting. Initial high is functional transitioning to relaxed, then psychedelic couchlock and sleep. Decent pain relief. Found myself giggling at the most ridiculous nonsense. Great for if you want to get a few things knocked out or have a chill game session before you drift off. Black Domina and NL5xAfghan led me here. This pheno isn't what I was looking for, but worthwhile regardless.

Notes: Resilient to stress. Hollow stem and sturdy unsupported branches despite heavy colas. Buds will purple with cooler nighttime temps (we didn't get cool nights until harvest). Easy to trim. Clones readily. Many technical errors occurred that likely impacted end results. Made some significant top dress errors before heading out of town for 10 days during a heatwave, then was out of action with covid for another 3 weeks. I also had my dehumidifier break during a rainy stretch toward the end of flower. I found 1 male flower in the middle of a single cola during trimming, but no seeds so that seems reasonable considering. Has begun to reveg under 18/6. My straw has been 3/3 for twins. The twin of this female appeared NL5-leaning.

View attachment 77457 View attachment 77459
Great write up on the harvest . Sounds interesting.

I haven't tried any of the Mr Nice strains to be honest ๐Ÿ˜ซ
The closest thing I know of was some Nirvana White Rhino seeds I had, but as I've never tried legit Medicine Man, I don't know how close the Rhino is (supposed to be the same as Medicine Man) but it wasn't too great.
I'm pretty stoked to try all of the strains but it might take me a few years to get through the 10 or so straws I won โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜†

In that case welcome aboard!
You'll surely find something worth holding on to. If your experience if like mine you'll have some tough choices deciding what to keep and what to let go. ๐Ÿ˜“
Cheers mate ๐Ÿ‘
Just to be able to make that choice would be amazing right now. I have all the seeds but don't have a square metre that I can use.....so they're in the fridge until I can do them justice ๐Ÿ‘

Back