One plant has yellow edges in leaves

With Coco, I don't do light and heavy feeds, nor do I flush, ever
The reason I'm using 4 parts coco to 7 parts clay, is that even at full saturation, the plants have enough oxygen to do their shit
By feeding at constant EC everyday, and to saturation and slight runoff, the salts are constantly flushing through to waste

When the coco is allowed to dry out in between irrigation, the nutrient concentration increases ( same amount of nutrient but less water, so the EC rises )

Cheers

Last edited:
With Coco, I don't do light and heavy feeds, nor do I flush, ever
The reason I'm using 4 parts coco to 7 parts clay, is that even at full saturation, the plants have enough oxygen to do their shit
By feeding at constant EC everyday, and to saturation and slight runoff, the salts are constantly flushing through to waste

When the coco is allowed to dry out in between irrigation, the nutrient concentration increases ( same amount of nutrient but less water, so the EC rises )

Cheers

I do the same method using pure coco.
I feed 2-3 times a day during bloom DTW.Nutrients stay constant throughout the grow besides a few supplements.
I think I discovered another cause of the discoloration issue.
I noticed the leaves that are discolored are in the path of direct light. The older leaves that are covered by other leaves are fine.
There is some magnesium deficiency but I increased the two end panels to 100% about a week ago and that’s when it started.

You need quite a bit of light to reach saturation, and it's normally obvious in new leaves that have grown in the extreme conditions
The necrotising serrations are a classic magnesium deficiency symptom

IMG_0236.jpeg

Magnesium imbalance is a common issue with coco growing
I'd start with that, get it sorted and then see if you have any issue with light density

You say both cuttings from the same donor are showing similar issues, but nothing else in your garden ?

Last edited:
You need quite a bit of light to reach saturation, and it's normally obvious in new leaves that have grown in the extreme conditions
The necrotising serrations are a classic magnesium deficiency symptom

View attachment 81275

Magnesium imbalance is a common issue with coco growing
I'd start with that, get it sorted and then see if you have any issue with light density

You say both cuttings from the same donor are showing similar issues, but nothing else in your garden ?
Yes, The plants most effected are both cuttings from the same mother.
I have 5 different female in bloom and 12 different females in veg that are uneffected.

Does magnesium deficiency occur more often during bloom?
They are also the plants located in the coldest spot in grow area with a fan blowing on them.

I tried 1 gram per gallon and then 1.5grams per gallon.It seemed to help a little but I went one feeding without any Epsom salt and it seems to gotten a bit worse.
How much Epsom salt do you add to your nutrient mix to treat magnesium deficiency?

Yes, The plants most effected are both cuttings from the same mother.
I have 5 different female in bloom and 12 different females in veg that are uneffected.

Does magnesium deficiency occur more often during bloom?
They are also the plants located in the coldest spot in grow area with a fan blowing on them.

I tried 1 gram per gallon and then 1.5grams per gallon.It seemed to help a little but I went one feeding without any Epsom salt and it seems to gotten a bit worse.
How much Epsom salt do you add to your nutrient mix to treat magnesium deficiency?
Bloom is a time that they need a little more
I have a cut that likes magnesium flowering now
I just add 1 teaspoon to 20L of irrigation continually

Just drench or foliar feed to treat your plant now, then customise your nutrition profile for her later

Bloom is a time that they needs little more
I have a cut that likes magnesium flowering now
I just add 1 teaspoon to 20L of irrigation continually

Just drench or foliar feed to treat your plant now, then customise your nutrition profile for her later
I’ll keep giving them a gram per gallon and see how they look in a few days.
Would increasing calmag be another way to treat magnesium deficiency?
I see no signs of calcium deficiency.

Hey, how is your garden going
Did you get your issues sorted?
One thing I was just thinking about was the bit where you say you got 15 different females on the go
A few years ago I grew this one blueberry cutting for almost a year, nothing else
I then got this really good ak cut ( 15 years old this year ) and grew her maybe 6 times back to back pretty well exclusively
Last going on 2 years now, I really only concentrated on these two black widow X god bud sisters I've got
Done a few germinations here and there ( outside mainly ) with a Hawaiian X Mexican dalliance at the moment looking like I might find a new keeper cut
All up I only have the two sisters and the ak kept at moment ( the ak and one of the sisters live with a mate )
There is a lot to be said for just concentrating on one cutting, and customising feed specifically
Then it's obvious to treat issues, until you get the hang of things

Widow and her hybrids tend to handle adverse conditions and imbalanced food well, so that's a good place to start
All the best, and hope your garden is doing well

I gave them a gram or 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom in a gallon until the symptoms didn’t get worse.
Now that it’s 5 weeks in flower the leaves around the flowers are in good shape and no more damage to the affected leaves.
I dropped the power Si,Epsom salts, and reduced the ph to 6.0.

The flowers and leaves around the flowers are nice and healthy so they appear to be getting what they need.

I gave them a gram or 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom in a gallon until the symptoms didn’t get worse.
Now that it’s 5 weeks in flower the leaves around the flowers are in good shape and no more damage to the affected leaves.
I dropped the power Si,Epsom salts, and reduced the ph to 6.0.

The flowers and leaves around the flowers are nice and healthy so they appear to be getting what they need.
One of the GG x C-99 females is already starting to get ripe and here it is a day before the end of week 5.

Back