New to MNS and Mango Haze

chissock

Hi! After trying for almost 6 months, I finally managed to get some Mango Haze seeds.

I live in Chile, and the seed market is blooming, although it is filled with auto and fem seedbanks. I've been growing these strains, and while doing some internet research, found MNS and immediately shifted my growing priorities ;). Nobody in Chile sells MNS, and importing them was a pain, but alas:

chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12663-mh01-12marzo.jpg

Since I have limited space, I can only grow 3 plants at the time. Yes, this will be a very slow and time consuming process. Germinated three seeds, and in less than a day, they were ready:

chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12664-mh02-13marzo.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12665-mh03-14marzo.jpg

A week passed, and the three seeds erupted from the ground:
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12666-mh04-1-21marzo.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12667-mh04-2-21marzo.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12668-mh04-3-21marzo.jpg

Already I noted that one of the three was different, one grew faster that its siblings :D

These pictures were taken 20 days since germination date:
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12669-mh05-1-2abril.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12670-mh05-2-2abril.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12671-mh05-3-2abril.jpg

Aaaand, thats it, for now. I'm keeping them in 18-6 white light; will clone them onto a 12/12 setting to check out what I got.

Comments and criticism are very much welcome :D

Congratulations on aquiring these seeds and good job on the germanation, they look nice and healthy.

I've often thought south America would be such an amazing place to grow, I had no idea you had a budding seed industry there.

Lots of folks with experience with haze hybrids around here so any questions or problems you'll find plenty of friendly support.

The little ones are looking very healthy. One small piece if advice would be to not grow them to large before flowering them out. I would say if you have 6 foot of height dont grow them any larger than 10 inches tall. Mango has the tendency to strech up to 6x its height when put into flower. I have found that topping them for 4 to 8 main colas helps to manage there height really well,putting that energy into flowering rather than streching. Google nugbuckets method, IME this works very well with strechy sats. Good luck brother...

Hi! After trying for almost 6 months, I finally managed to get some Mango Haze seeds.

I live in Chile, and the seed market is blooming, although it is filled with auto and fem seedbanks. I've been growing these strains, and while doing some internet research, found MNS and immediately shifted my growing priorities ;). Nobody in Chile sells MNS, and importing them was a pain, but alas:

Comments and criticism are very much welcome :D

This is my favorite strain hands down. And everyone who smokes it falls in love with it. Please let us know how this is being grown. Indoors or out, what type of fertilizers or organic, pots, tents, etc.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all your comments, I started doing the main-lining technique, and I think I got the hang of it... sort of.

I live in a small apartment, so space is very limited. These plants are being grown in a indoor environment, 60x60x120 cm. I use TopCrop soil and supplement with BioBizz Fertilizers (these are the kind of products that are available here). They've been with a 600w hallogen lamp on a 20/4 cycle.

Now, pictures!
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12684-mh06-28dias-1.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12685-mh06-28dias-2.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12686-mh06-28dias-3.jpg

These are the same three plants at 28 days from seed. I wanted to grow them a little bit more, so I could do cloning + main lining.

This is how the main lining went:
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12687-mh07-29dias-1.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12688-mh07-29dias-2.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12689-mh07-29dias-3.jpg

I kept #3 without restrains, to see the difference.

These photos are from yesterday, 36 days from seed:
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12690-mh08-36dias-2.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12691-mh08-36dias-1.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12692-mh08-36dias-3.jpg

The clones are still catching up, once they settle, I'll flower them to see what I got.

Cheers!

Hey, long time no see. First of all, my mistake, it's a 250w lamp, not 600w (I'm thinking of expanding my current setup when I get a chance of a bigger tent).

All time stamps are counting days since germination:

46 Days:
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12742-mh09-46dias-3.jpg

49 days, here it became apparent that #2 was different from #1 and #3:
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12743-mh10-49dias-1.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12744-mh10-49dias-2.jpg

chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12746-mh10-49dias-4.jpg

chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12745-mh10-49dias-3.jpg

56 Days

chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12748-mh11-56dias-1.jpg
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12749-mh11-56dias-2.jpg

62 days, Sadly, #2 had to be moved outside the tent because it was reaching the lamp and getting burned... I tried to bend it so it could have more room to stretch, but it was too stiff. This is not ideal, since we are in winter here, so I know that #2 will be different for many reasons:
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12750-mh12-62dias-fenotipo2-02.jpg

chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12752-mh12-62dias-fenotipo2.jpg

I accidentally broke a cola, tried to graft it, and it worked!
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12751-mh12-62dias-fenotipo2-03.jpg

75 days, #1 and #3 respectively
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12753-mh13-75dias-01.jpg

chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12754-mh13-75dias-03.jpg

79 days
chissock-albums-mango-haze-picture12755-mh14-79dias-03.jpg

Trichomes are all milking up, so I think it's harvest time... I know that the main buds are small and I think this grow cycle was kind of a failure, but I learned a lot... first time with a regular seeds and sativas... I think I'll have to rearrange certain things before growing more mango.

Super job considering the circumstances. Looking forward to your next one. If you can get bulbs in the 6k range you can get closer internodal stacking and less stretch from those beauties. Finish with a 4k or use this for entire grow. While yield is important qualty is paramount. Just a suggestion.

Aloha
M

Love the pictures! Your babies look very healthy. Just something about starting them from seed. I love seeing the little girls poke their heads above the dirt! My Clown Royals are growing fast and their are stinky too. Only about 2 1/2 feet tall right now. But expect them to hit 5 feet tall by July. They are digging the sunshine! ;)

Back