New Strain Of Medicinal Marijuana Announced (CBD)

bdubyas

First Unveiling of New Strain To Redefine The Medical Cannabis Industry

New Released Scientific Data Supports Medicinal Value, U.S. Government Ignores Scientific Data

Next week’s Patients Out of Time (P.O.T.) conference in Rhode Island features numerous speakers and interesting topics, but the announcement by Harborside Health Center of the development a new Cannabidol-centric strain of cannabis I suspect will be of great interest to patients, medical providers and cultivators.
I think it also a shining example of why the Drug Enforcement Administration should not bust and harass laboratories contracted or operated by cannabis wellness centers that test and analyze cannabis that is sold into the medical collective for the very reason that these forensic labs provide necessary patient information regarding potency, purity and medicinal effects based on plant strain.

Oakland, CA – The availability of a new type of medical cannabis strain will be presented for the first time by Steve DeAngelo, who has been featured on CNN, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, and The New York Times as Executive Director of one of the nation’s top model and non-profit medical cannabis dispensaries, Harborside Health Center in Oakland, California.

DeAngelo will announce the availability of this type of non-psychoactive cannabis that has been lab tested with California strains with CBD (Cannabidol) at the 6th Annual National Clinical Conference on Cannabis Therapeutics on Friday, April 16th at 12PM Noon at The Crown Plaza Hotel, 801 Greenwich Avenue, Warwick, Rhode Island.

Conference information can be found at: www.medicalcannabis.com

For three decades, DeAngelo has been an engaging speaker as he cuts through the stigma, and delivers the true facts about cannabis. His exciting and important presentation will include results of the first large scale analytical study of California’s medical cannabis supply, which revealed that one of the most medically efficacious cannabinoids—CBD—has been bred out of plants grown primarily for psychoactive effect. Only within the past year have CBD-rich cannabis varieties been identified, thanks to an analytical chemistry lab that DeAngelo helped launch.

Recent research has demonstrated that CBD is effective in slowing or reversing a number of different types of cancer; as well as other serious illnesses. In response to the shortage of CBD rich cannabis varieties, Harborside has initiated a program to identify such strains, and encourage growers to propagate them. Because CBD modulates the psycho activity of THC, some patients respond better to varieties of cannabis which couple low THC levels with high CBD levels, because they enhance medical efficacy while reducing or eliminating psycho activity. This is particularly true for cannabis-naïve patients, who have no prior experience with it, prior to receiving a recommendation from their doctor. “Ultimately, there will be greater demand for CBD-rich cannabis, than there is for cannabis that just gets you high” predicts DeAngelo. “Only a small percentage of people enjoy the psycho activity of cannabis, but almost everybody can benefit from its medical properties”.

The 6th Annual Clinical Conference on Cannabis Therapeutics is the only one of its kind in the United States for health professional to learn about the many benefits of cannabis therapeutics. Medical professionals can receive their CME (Continuing Education) credits for attending this forum through the University of California, San Francisco.

The New York Times: “Harborside Health Center, a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary in Oakland, Calif., is looked upon as a model of how others could operate.”

[email protected]

http://www.norml.org/

i was looking for ways to cheak the thc content in cannabis last night and come across this wich i found to be interesting.

http://www.naihc.org/hemp_information/content/hemp.mj.html

its about CBD and THC content in cannabis and hemp. hemp oil is made from the seeds of a hemp the plant so pritty useless having nearly no THC or CBD. if you used the foliage you would have a high CBD low THC oil just like this new strain. could this strain be hemp or a hemp cross? i am not saying that's what the new strain is. i just think it sound like it could be or something very similar. if it is then a lot of med patient could grow it freely at nearly no cost because in countries like the UK hemp it totally legal to grow because of the low THC content i think its something like 0.3% THC. so why aren't these patient fulling there back gardens right now to make meds?

Last edited:
Hi All

well this announcement is something not unexpected. Over the passed few seasons a few select people including myself have been silently moving closer to a well bred THC: CBD strain.
We are close with a F1 seed not just a single plant that will be cloned to death. So even though this is a great achievement I still would consider the seed to breed true in the F1 stage to be the most valuable jump for medicinal reasons.

In the coming months and after a series of testing in the lab, we will reveal the work we are up to on this topic. So for all of you who believe growing your own drug strain is something for you, then keep atuned to this forum for the next development...we are getting closer to a product and will need testers in due course...preferable Medical users/growers...all the best sb

Nice one Shanti,

will def buy some but not test them!. :eek:

I am sure alot of seriously medicated patients will have, more hope of better pain relief with herbal medication.

MNS ROCKS!:cool:.

#

Thanks for this great news bdubyas. :)

Shanti, I would be available to test this strain(and pay for them) when the time arrives. Always have the space in my room. Willing to do a photo log as well. I would be able to give insight on its effectiveness with M.S. muscle spasms and neurological pain. My spouse is very sensitive to the psychoactive side of cannabis as well. I would like to say thanks for your work in this area ,I hope it will benifit a lot of people.:)

Last edited:
I will be attending the conference in ri this week and will make sure I catch the presentation sited above. I'll post an update once I return, anybody else attending?

Hi All

well this announcement is something not unexpected. Over the passed few seasons a few select people including myself have been silently moving closer to a well bred THC: CBD strain.
We are close with a F1 seed not just a single plant that will be cloned to death. So even though this is a great achievement I still would consider the seed to breed true in the F1 stage to be the most valuable jump for medicinal reasons.

In the coming months and after a series of testing in the lab, we will reveal the work we are up to on this topic. So for all of you who believe growing your own drug strain is something for you, then keep atuned to this forum for the next development...we are getting closer to a product and will need testers in due course...preferable Medical users/growers...all the best sb

I knew you would bite on this one Shanti. As I've been reading up on some things here and there about CBD. One of my patients found great relief from a cut of the Med Man. I can't afford to get the strain tested an all, but it seems to pack a narcotic punch in the pain relief department. So hopefully the new strain in f1 form will be similar. In the meantime I have a new pack of Med Man beans to keep me busy.

-Thanks Shanti

To CaptFantasy: I really wish I coud be there as well. Will be eagerly awaiting your report back to the MNS community. Thanks

I hope this all pans out as I have been hoping for such a break through for many years. I My self would greatly appreciate such a strain as I have sort of grown out of the mental effects of cannabis and prefer the medicinal properties such as CBN & CBD .

The problem always is that there is no easy way to separate or accurately manipulate the trio [thc-cbn-cbd].

Of course there is oil extraction of stem and leaf which is said to have higher cbn/cbd and lower thc. I have noticed that extractions made from these parts of the plant do have a more medicinal effect on me personally. If I take an empty gel cap from the health-food store and place a rice size amount of leaf/stem oil I get a much more medicinal effect that other methods. I still would prefer to have the option to raise cbn/cbd and lower the thc as needed. I would imagine the amount of thc I would use would slowly keep dropping.

Getting back to the thread topic
I have been asking for many years about the likelihood of a low thc and higher cbn/cbd plant but never received a reliable answer. I have asked this question to cannabotinist breeders and professionals in the cannabis community but seems like there is no reliable source for such information.
The focus has always been on the THC and for me I consider that to be a recreational drug. Now Im referencing this to my personal situation. I mean no disrespect and also realize that these compounds effect everyone differently. So what works for some will not work the same in others.

So the only real intriguing data I have found as of late has been the on going research that comes from Big Pharma. We all know how unscrupulous pharmaceutical companies can be so this comes as a mix blessing. Most likely the Pharma corp wants to synthesize the compounds and lock down the patents. I am sure most everyone has heard of the creations so far such as MARINOL, CESAMET, SATIVEX to name a few. With the exception of sativex , most of the synthesized rx meds have been difficult at best to regulate dosage and create harmony in the body. I know this from first hand experiences.

So these new lower THC strains will bring more options to many people including me. Im also glad to know that we are still talking about plants and not a new drug . I do find the research part of big pharma very interesting as it give insight and even new direction to some breeders.

[please be warned this goes a bit off topic sorry]

I have always wondered why the Pharma companies have not brought a rx med that is the trio of THC/CBN/CBD with different ratios for different conditions. Or . Why they haven't brought the trio out individually so that the ratios can be adjusted depending of the needs of the patient. Either way I am not really looking forward to that day anyway. The only reason anything gets synthesized is to Patent it and lower the production cost.

I think that one of the true motivating factors of BIG PHARMA having such interest in cannabis is partially due to the changes to the patent laws. It has always been said that the reason pharmaceutical companies are not that interested in cannabis is simple, they can not protect there interests.

Well times are a changing because MONSANTO and other companies have figured out a way to patent plants. Thats right, own mother natures bounty and claim it as your creation. With genetically modified plant species or GMO, the plant can now be the intellectual property of a person or corporation. Mother nature doesn't have any hand in it anymore as these GM plants are owned ,lock ,stock and barrel . Thats why its taken so long for the drug companies to have an invested interest in cannabis plants again after decades of rejection.

anyway this has become a ramble on, I sorry but I am still reeling over the prospect of a strain with high CBN/CBD and lower THC. But with that excitement comes a nervous feeling. When I see FORBES LIST, FORTUNE 500 and anything that resemble or represents those type of interests I know that the tides are changing.

With so many U.S. states passing new "access to legal cannabis" laws, things will be changing rapidly.
So I can only hope and pray that these new medicinal strains dont become
closely guarded state secrets or the property of greed mongers like Monsantos and there cohorts .

This looks like a real break through and for some people it will be a gift that will change there lives for the better. Lets hope there is access to these plants and not just the meds. Im sure if SHANTI has an intrest in this then we are all covered.

thanks for posting the news..

cheers

Hi All

It was inevitable that someone was going to breed a strain with more consideration being given for medical users than recreational, glad to see MNS are involved in things.

I've a friend who has MS but doesn't like to get high or stoned, so I'm looking forward to the release of this one.

Hats off to you Shanti,

Peace GG

Admini, those 2 strains you linked are both psycho active, while the one at the top of the thread is non psycho active I thought:confused:

Which is the MNS strain gonna be like? A 1-1 ratio or something else? If 1-1 ,
what %?

Peace
GG

look at this
some strains like nlxhaze and critical have a thc content of like 35% and 44% what the hell?
is that right?
see for urself this is from the link above

Attachments

• CANNA-testing-at-Spannabis-2009.jpg
    CANNA-testing-at-Spannabis-2009.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 41
look at this
some strains like nlxhaze and critical have a thc content of like 35% and 44% what the hell?
is that right?
see for urself this is from the link above

dwc

if you check on the right of each strain name you will see that there is a description of the sample whether it is iceolator hash which is water extracted hash or "marihuana" meaning herbal cannabis sample.

The high THC content you post about is for hash not bud ;)

we would love to be a part of that testing process - many cancer patients here that would be glad to help document a true study. will stay up with this. cheers from colorado :)

MY

[QUOTE = shantibaba; 46544] Hi All

tudi to napovedjo je nekaj ni nepričakovano. V opravil nekaj sezon nekaj izbrati ljudi, vključno z menoj so bili tiho se približamo tudi gojene THC: CBD sev.
Blizu smo z F1 semena, ne le ena rastlina, ki se bodo klonirali na smrt. Torej, čeprav je to velik dosežek bi še vedno menijo, semena pasme res v F1 fazi, da je najbolj dragocena skok za zdravila razlogov.

V prihodnjih mesecih in po vrsti testiranja v laboratoriju, bomo odkriti delo, ki smo jih do na to temo. Torej, za vse vas, ki verjamejo, raste svojo drogo sev je nekaj za vas, potem vodijo atuned za ta forum, za naslednjo razvojno ... smo že bliže proizvoda in bo treba preizkuševalce pravočasno ... bolje, Medical uporabnikov / pridelovalci ... vse najboljše sb [/ quote]

My english is bad.I wuld like to ask you:

tudi za napovedjo JE NI nekaj nepričakovano. V opravil nekaj sezon nekaj izbrati LJUDJE, vključno z menoj, tako Bili tišina se približamo tudi gojene THC: CBD Sev.
Blizu smo z F1 semena, ne le ENA rastlina, Ki se Bodo klonirali na smrt. Torej, čeprav JE za velik dosežek dvo Se vedno menijo, semena pasme res v F1 fazi, da JE najbolj dragocena Skok ZA zdravila razlogov.

V prihodnjih mesecih v PO vrsti testiranja laboratoriju v, bomo odkriti Delo, Ki smo jih na to, da temo. Torej, vas VSE ZA, Ki verjamejo, raste svojo Drogo Sev JE nekaj za vas, potem vodijo atuned ZA ta forum, ZA Predogled next razvojno ... smo ze bliže IZDELKA v Bo treba preizkuševalce pravočasno ... Bolje, Medical uporabnikov / pridelovalci ... VSE najboljše sb [/ quote]

My english is bad.I wuld like to ask you: What is your opinion on the bud infinity?I have ten years to deal with the groving.I have planted maney di

tudi ZA napovedjo JE NI nekaj nepričakovano. V opravil nekaj sezon nekaj izbrati Ljudje, vključno z menoj, tako Bili Tišina se približamo tudi gojene THC: CBD Sev.
Blizu smo z F1 semena, ne le ENA rastlina, Ki se Bodo klonirali na smrt. Torej, čeprav JE ZA velik dosežek dvo Se vedno menijo, semena pasme res v F1 fazi, da JE najbolj dragocena Skok ZA zdravila razlogov.

V prihodnjih mesecih v PO vrsti testiranja laboratoriju v, bomo odkriti Delo, Ki smo jih na do, da temo. Torej, vas VSE ZA, Ki verjamejo, raste svojo Drogo Sev JE nekaj za vas, potem vodijo atuned ZA ta forum, ZA Predogled naslednjo razvojno ... smo ze bliže IZDELKA proti Bo treba preizkuševalce pravočasno ... Bolje, Medical uporabnikov / pridelovalci ... VSE najboljše sb [/ quote]

I thought that CBD was very rare to find in drug cannabis strains today, but its just the opposite.

Last year someone i know had a strain which is not a stable one, but the pheno he had was just the right one.It had appr. 15% THC & 11% CBD according to the test, but unfortunately he didn't keep a cutting, which was a pity, but we have seeds to find the right one.

Strains from Lebanon are often with CBD and they are early for outside.:)

A good test which could be used is the beamtest

Namaste :D

heya

sorry for the delay in answering but I am currently stuck in bed with a painful ear infection (and after 4 years on the antibiotic thing).

some answers:

@GG - the other day I saw this thread just after reading this article:
http://tinyurl.com/CBDcalif
I thought this thread was about the same article - and jumped to conclusions too quickly. CBD only strains are also typical industrial hemp strains (grown since thousands of years in open fields - not in the USA though but Canada has many hectares and then you talk tons and not grams ;)
Let's not forget that Sativex also has a 1:1 ratio THC:CBD... and that without THC the definition of "grass" is something you can literally interpret as such ;)

@L33t
You are right mate! As a matter of fact I can confirm you that sample 4 was the bud used to be extracted with ice-o-lator in sample 3. You can see how the extraction has a times 3 factor increase on cannabinoid concentration (was MNS CM!) ;)

@Namaskar
The scientifically accepted test (also in courts) is with Gas Chromatography. Thin layer chromatography (TLC) is interesting for qualitative but not quantitative measurements.
The issue with Gas Chromatography is not the machine (pretty much available in any decent lab) but the standard necessary to calibrate the machine to test for cannabinoids (pure THC; therefore a controlled substrance). In Europe this would be a potential supplier:
http://tinyurl.com/25vsub

I am confident Shanti will not leave THC out of this medicinal strain.... ;) nice to see there's quite a few waiting for it (incl. admini)

All the best,
admini

Back