Mr. Browns Shit

Yes I use LED.

The distance to the upper leafs was just ~30cm (~12 inch). I give it a try and increase the distance between LED and the canopy (y)

Yes, I'd raise the light to at least 2ft. Maybe keep the pH closer to 6.0 or slightly under?
I'd always try that before getting supplements & nutrients involved! Hope it comes right for you.

Mr. Brown said: "What can I do to feed more Potassium? Just raise the amount of fertilizer?"

EC of 2.65 is high for vegging plants and can lead to a salt toxicity leaf burn. Also, keep in mind using RO water reduces a plants ability to absorb potassium when PH is high. Generally PH should be lower 6's when using RO water. Of course, there are always a million variables but we can only take one step at a time. Lower your EC and check your PH.

Longball

Last edited:
I'd probably raise the light, drain the reservoir and mix a new nutrient solution to EC 1.2/1.5 pH 5.9/6

Yesterday I raised the LED to ~60cm above the canopy and this morning I adjusted the EC and the pH of the nutrient solution.

I will give an update in a couple of days to show how it turned out.

Thanks a lot for the advise (y)

Don't want to give too many confusing hypothesis here, but I did feed mine water & epsom salts (Mag Sulphate) for a week after I raised the light and managed to get things back on track.

*I do not know if this would work with hydro*

Thanks for the link (y)

Through that I think I figured out how I messed up the EC in the nutrient solution. I guess the plants absorbed more water than nutrients and since I always filled up the reservoir with full nutrient solution without measuring the EC it build up over the time.

From now on I will control the pH and EC on a daily basis.

Thanks for the link (y)

Through that I think I figured out how I messed up the EC in the nutrient solution. I guess the plants absorbed more water than nutrients and since I always filled up the reservoir with full nutrient solution without measuring the EC it build up over the time.

From now on I will control the pH and EC on a daily basis.
Is your nutrient solution recirculating? If yes you will have a salt built up. If not, just adding new solution should not be a problem. But EC should not be above 1.8 in my opinion. Otherwise the osmotic pressure becomes too high making it difficult for the plant to take up water and nutrients. Also I would give the grow medium a flush with pure water in order to remove any possible salt build up from before.

Is your nutrient solution recirculating? If yes you will have a salt built up. If not, just adding new solution should not be a problem. But EC should not be above 1.8 in my opinion. Otherwise the osmotic pressure becomes too high making it difficult for the plant to take up water and nutrients. Also I would give the grow medium a flush with pure water in order to remove any possible salt build up from before.

Yes, the nutrient solution is recirculating.

The EC is adjusted to ~1,5 and I will keep it on that level. I hope that solves the problem.

Thanks for your advise (y)

Today the last piece of equipment for my mother and father tent arrived (y)

As soon as I set it up I took 2 cuttings each from Shit #1 and Shit #2.
full

Day 45

The :poop: seems to react good to the adjustments made a couple of days ago (y)
full

full

Shit #1 is ~40cm (~16 inches) high and Shit #2 is ~36cm (~14 inches). Due to my limited space and in order to keep the lights at least 50cm from the canopy I decided to flip them to 12/12 today.

The cuttings at day 4
full

And again a big thanks to everybody that helped me to solve the issues (y)

@Mr. Brown ,

Hey mamen, could you instal this and send me data in DM ? If you ok with it, i'd like to check your light source height. I really doubt 50 cm i a lot but without data it's not EZ to figure out.

Good morning Tetsuo (y)

I couldn't get the app started on my stone age phone :LOL: but a friend of mine did some kind of measurements and came up with PPFD ~400, DLI~26, Lux ~40.000, 12/12 light cycle.
I hope that is the data you were talking about.

I appreciate your help (y)

@Mr. Brown , Mornin' mate,

So to sum' up the protocol, it's a good thing to compare to brand of light PAR map and compare datas at same height.
I don't want you to do mistakes so if you can check the accuracy of your data then we can go further.
What i do to check accuracy of the app WITHOUT external sensor.

I take the PAR map of the brand manufacturer, + i check if Shane or anyone else did a par map for this brand light.
then i compare my measures with the results of others and make a compare so i see if the data of the APP without external sensor is accurate enough.

In the app you have to select your light source, for a accurate reading this is very important, so make sure the right light source is selected.

PPFD max(without CO²) is around 1000, and DLI is should be around 40.(+-10%)

Screenshot_2022-10-16-12-30-18-84_04dd05c7dd8cdffa003d6e6e66e45d16.jpg Screenshot_2022-10-16-12-30-53-30_04dd05c7dd8cdffa003d6e6e66e45d16.jpg

For exemple,

if your data is accurate and you indeed have ppfd of 400 this is too low. 400 is good for very young plants. 2 weeks old then 800 to 950 is good.
Also earlier we said that your plants were burned but how can you light burn lower leaves and not burn higher leaves ? this make no sense.

also if your data is accurate (+-15%) and you got 400ppfd then it can't be burn because 400 is too low.

In the end, you need to be sure your readings are accurate and lower light source till you read 800 -900 ppdf 38 - 42 DLI.

For exemple,

if your data is accurate and you indeed have ppfd of 400 this is too low. 400 is good for very young plants. 2 weeks old then 800 to 950 is good.
Also earlier we said that your plants were burned but how can you light burn lower leaves and not burn higher leaves ? this make no sense.

also if your data is accurate (+-15%) and you got 400ppfd then it can't be burn because 400 is too low.

In the end, you need to be sure your readings are accurate and lower light source till you read 800 -900 ppdf 38 - 42 DLI.

Thanks a lot for your advise (y)

I will give an update as soon as I figured out how the app works and set up the lights correctly.

Back