Micropropagation of Cannabis

hi all

the article is very interesting, and some trials are also currently being done in the area.
So your friend exo has published as first author ? shouldn't be hard to find out were he works then..:D

did you manage to do somatic embryo production ?
did you do any research on vitrification (conservation at -196°C).
I must check again if its written but maybe you can tell me if a analysis of the number of genetic variants appearing in time was done on the explants

Great stuff anyway

Cheers

bonbolos

I've just downloaded a number of the pdfs linked to here and am very grateful for them.

I am interested in this because I have no place to maintain mothers. I recently got

Plants from Test Tubes: An Introduction to Micropropagation [Lydiane Kyte, John Kleyn]
and
Introduction to Plant Tissue Culture [M.K.Razdan]

I think the former is the better how-to guide but I decided that I needed to backup and study botany and got
Botany: An Introduction to Plant Biology (4th edition) [James D. Mauseth]
which is what I'm reading now and highly recomend.

This method seems very much in reach of the amateur. The most difficult piece of needed equipment is a laminar flow hood. I'm hoping to build one next spring by which time I also hope to be informed enough to put it to good use.

Here is a link to a site with info on building one's own LF hood.

My sincere thanks for this thread and the links in it, I hope this post is helpful to others.

This is the easiest way to get started.
Kitchen Culture Kits - Intro Page
They sell a full kit. DVD with videos and textbook. M&S media, jars, hormones, etc... The works. I've heard that the woody stemmed formula of M&S media works best.
Another innovation now being used is to have the plant in a closed CO2 rich environment. I saved some links but can't locate them. It apparently helps with rooting, faster growth and hardening off.

I seem to remember Steve from S.O.L getting excited about this over on the C. World forums probably a little over 10 years ago. If I remember correctly, he had a friend with the right skills working with him on it and was talking it up as being the next big thing to shock the seed industry. As time went on it became apparent that it wasn't going to eventuate, presumably it was a little more difficult than it first seemed.

Chimera associated with Steve around that time I think so it could have even been him that was working on it. Maybe he can shed some light when he drops in next.

I read that some people have had good results using woody stem M&S media. There's different types of media with different nutrients in the media.

Back