Medicine man

unnamedmike

Hey fellas ! 🖖

The seeds are from the forum photography prize. 21 plants of 20 seeds, the plants have been growing for 6 weeks, and it seems that they are finally growing vigorously (I had problems with quality of the coconut fiber substrate ). At the current rate I think that in a week I will flip to 12/12.
The setup is the usual, 1 gallon pots with coconut fiber, synthetic fertilizers, automatic irrigation, 900w led cxb3590 3000k.
IMG_3924-1.jpg
IMG_3925-1.jpg
IMG_3926-1.jpg
IMG_3927-1.jpg
IMG_3928-1.jpg
IMG_3929-1.jpg
IMG_3930-1.jpg
IMG_3931-1.jpg
IMG_3932-1.jpg

The plants were going to grow 3 more days, but they have grown more than expected this week under the flowering light. Today will be the first day of flowering at 12/12. Three days ago I thought I saw a small magnesium deficiency in several leaves, and I decided to increase ec from 3.8 to 4.0. The deficiency has almost completely disappeared and the plants have responded with an explosion of growth. Most of the plants are already showing pre-flowers, but I'm still not sure of the sex of some plants, so all they still under the flowering light. I'm going to do a small repro, selective pollination of some flowers of all the females, using pollen from all the males.
IMG_3973-1.jpg
IMG_3975-1.jpg
IMG_3976-1.jpg
IMG_3977-1.jpg
IMG_3978-1.jpg
IMG_3979-1.jpg
IMG_3980-1.jpg

Today is day 4 of flowering and the plants have already sexed. Ive identified 5 males and 16 females, although I will keep an eye out this week for more possible males, but I think there is no doubt.
Question for those who have already grown Medicine Man, what male/female ratio have you had with this variety? I expected 10 females or less... photos later.

Nothing special I think... the first step is to cut branches from healthy plants. Then I dip the tips of the branches in rooting hormones, coco coir, and half-dose nutrients with each watering. Sometimes I use a little h2o2 when watering, especially on very hot days.

Thanks, i was curious because the clone looks very small and the coco looks similar to the fine coir i get from soaked 5kg no name bricks. I tried rooting small cuts in small coco jiffies usually used for seedlings with very few actually rooting after several weeks. Do you buy plug and play or are these coco coir cylinders homemade? How long did it take them to get to this stage?

What a beautiful forest you've got growing there. You hit the lottery. Not only did you get beans for winning the contest, but they are nostly all female😳, damn!

I look forward to seeing what you get. I've a straw of Medicine Man going. It'll be nice to see a potential preview through your thread.

Diesel840

Thanks, i was curious because the clone looks very small and the coco looks similar to the fine coir i get from soaked 5kg no name bricks. I tried rooting small cuts in small coco jiffies usually used for seedlings with very few actually rooting after several weeks. Do you buy plug and play or are these coco coir cylinders homemade? How long did it take them to get to this stage?
Because of where I live, I don't have access to various qualities of coconut, the only thing I can find is "powder" size, I would prefer larger pieces, this size retains a lot of water. And it also arrives very salty, it needs a good processing before using.
The size of the cutting is because it was taken from a small plant, it is a backup, not a cutting for fruiting. When the size of the plant allows it, I cut branches of 20cm +-. The branch took 6 days from cut to the photo. The white pots are 250ml party cups with holes in the base

What a beautiful forest you've got growing there. You hit the lottery. Not only did you get beans for winning the contest, but they are nostly all female😳, damn!

I look forward to seeing what you get. I've a straw of Medicine Man going. It'll be nice to see a potential preview through your thread.

Diesel840
Thanks Diesel 🖖 Hope you enjoy the show

Thanks again, i was speculating something in that direction. 6 days in coco is good - i am not using artificial rooting hormones but will give this a try with aloe / coco / willow auxins. Especially when having multiple unsexed phenos in veg this method can save so much space and one is still abled to keep backups of all individuals. Have been again looking into Bonsai moms and have many situations where having smaller backup come in handy i value this info.
@Mr. Brown displays some Bonsai mom work in Oltimers manner right now. Worth taking a lookt at. I have only used fine coco so far but will soon use a coarse one as it was the cheapest offer at that time. Prices have dramatically increased since i started using coco...
Try charging your coco with Gypsum when soaking, buffers and allows for a better cation exchange ratio.
Do you cover the cuts in a dome or do they root freely under the lights?

I live under the dome :D here the humid is high, or very high, the caribbean

Shouldnt there be plenty coconuts around..?

coconut-mila-kunis.gif

I could definitely use a little haze as soon as possible, so I've soaked 18 holy grail for the next cycle. I don't remember if the seeds are from auction or purchased.

Killer, if you share the run i'm watching! Patiently waiting on helpdesk to draw my auctions together as i seem to have more items as regluarly allowed for one shipment but i hope we can work that one out to my advantage :) the HG is def on the upper part of the list of things i want to experience.

But the Afghan Haze has me drooling also...as does the rest...squirrel life...lost in a pool of seeds...

Killer, if you share the run i'm watching! Patiently waiting on helpdesk to draw my auctions together as i seem to have more items as regluarly allowed for one shipment but i hope we can work that one out to my advantage :) the HG is def on the upper part of the list of things i want to experience.

But the Afghan Haze has me drooling also...as does the rest...squirrel life...lost in a pool of seeds...
Yes, I'm going to share some pics of the holy grail run, soon in fact. They have been soaked for 24 hours and half have been opened, I have already put all the seeds in pots filled with cococoir.
Afghan haze is one of the mrnice strains I most want to try, I will be attentive when you grow them.

Afghan haze is one of the mrnice strains I most want to try, I will be attentive when you grow them.

Hope youre living healthy because that could take some years eventually...theres one good report here of them in the strainbase section although the harvest was never shown but they looked very promising strainwise. Good luck on the other half, 50% in 24h is great.

Back