Master Kush Skunk x Afghan Haze

Was just checking the trichs on my most mature pheno, thought I'd post here so you can see what you think, will post em on my log too :) Just got a cheap USB microscope, it's difficult to focus it properly and get really good detail - but good enough I think. This girl is ready once her flush is complete:
MK2_trichs1.jpg

How close?

These girls must be almost ready to flush? How they going?
Got my mango-skunk pheno chopped and hung, other is flushing, yours might be about 2 weeks behind in flower age I think.

Not quiet yet, how many weeks were yours in flower for?

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    371.4 KB · Views: 65
WIll be going on seven weeks in a few days

How many days were you planning on flushing? It looks like you could start now if 14 days. If not I would wait a few days to a week. But make sure you check the tricomes under a microscope. If they are bending and starting to turn amber I would flush.

Not quiet yet, how many weeks were yours in flower for?
Actually I kind of lost track/was difficult to tell cos I started them from germination under 13/11 so I could quickly remove males hence they were under flowering light from the start and the question becomes what week did they become sexually mature, and which week did they "start" flowering - from what I worked out my one pheno was very fast, 7 weeks or so, and this second one is still flushing so between 8 and 9. I think the strain description says between 8 and 10, so I might be off by a week or it might be a fast one.

Either way tho I'll only really know the flowering speed for sure when I run the clones, it's always a bit unreliable (for me) when I try to judge it from seed.

Yeah yours don't look ready to flush yet, maybe in a week from when you took that shot check again...just looks like a nice mess of white pistils up there now.

I haven't looked under a microscope yet will in a day or two when it arrivals. But your correct all I have is white pistols I've only spotted like two or three on the whole garden starting to change lol I think I have the longer phenos but I wish I had room to take cuttings on the front one because she is definitely a keeper how she developed

It's probly not the nutes (I go about 60% recommended amount too), youngish seed plants might take a week or two to respond once you flip, or you might have a real hazy pair - lucky you if so :)

They're ready when they're ready :D

I chopped the second of mine yesterday, after a good flush, still very mangoish and a slightly better yielder than the first they're both very much polyhybrids in appearance, and the first pheno I've had hanging for 10 days and jarred a few more, preview smokes it feels like a skunkish high which correlates from where I think this one drew a lot of its genes. The cheesy smell has fallen off a bit after the cure started, it's still there but muted, and the mango is stronger again.

I read this thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123124&page=6 yesterday which is another master kaze grow - one of the first I guess - from 2009. In it he flowers a few phenos of VERY varying ages (one he chops at 60 something, so just over 8 weeks and another goes up to like 14 weeks).

His pick, and I suspect mine too if I got one, was a 14 weeker that smelled like black pepper and spice.

So heres an update guys what do you think

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 70
Just about there I say about another week

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 16
Need some help guys!
So my back plant the leaves are starting to dry up is this normal. the trichnomes are ready but the pistols aren't fully ready.

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 27
$0.02

some strains with sativa heritage may not ever get 100% of the pistols to turn all at once (this is hearsay so take it as such, i read lots about these plants and can't cite a specific source) . . . if the trichs are done, the plant is done . . . you get to the point of 'diminishing returns' where the trichs are dying off faster than the new calyxes are maturing . . .

Alright that's good to know I was planning on chopping th bwck plant this weekend once it looks more finished than the other. Any thought of the drying out of the leaves, should I be concerned ?

Back