Master Kush Skunk x Afghan Haze

Check the humidity.

When humidity is too low, transpiration occurs too quickly. This evaporation speed increase will cause particulates to be left behind on the leaf surface and will first present themselves as yellow pinpricks. Eventually it will cause rust ringed holes, then individual leaf necrosis.

Pretty clearly an environmental issue you are having.

Good luck!

DO NOT stop the Cal/Mag. I use tap water now but when I used R/O water I used C/M. When I didn't I had all sorts of issues. You are doing the right thing. If you want to cut it out for a watering or two that would be fine but not indefinitely unless you are going to switch to tap water.

It is bad advice, IMO, to tell you to stop using CalMag with RO water.

It does look like you may have spider mites though. Or is it just the camera?

A little update as of now, the light just came on. I inspected the plants for spider mites and im not seeing it.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 22
Is that soil or coco? I would say use calmag regularly in coco and at least semi-regularly in soil. The amount depends on the brand, but better to be under than over.

I believe that in coco, the lack of calcium and magnesium in the medium will actually cause calmag to be drawn OUT of the plants and into the medium if it is not already supplied with plenty of calmag.

Twenty-two days into 12/12

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 8
So twenty eight days since the 12/12 switch and they're starting to look good i think. The front right plant is really showing potential of a good yield and the back not so much.
How about some opinions of anyone familiar with this strain?

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 7
They are coming along very nice mate you are doing a great job with them lady's. :cool:

I did notice close up that they are looking a little hungry and a little mag def going on as some of the lower leafs are showing you.

If I was you I would give them some epson salts at half tea spoon per 3 Ltrs of food/water and melt the epsons in a little warm water first before adding it to your nutes. Only give them the Epson salts for one feed.

After the epsons they should green up a little more and start to take the other nutes better.

What nutes are you using and at what strength mate?

Also are you giving them a plain water inbetween your feeds or after a few feeds?

Last edited:
The picture was right when I fed them so that may be why. They got 2 teaspoon of Tiger Bloom and 1 tsp of Cal Mag yesterday and they get straight R/O Water and CalMag inbetween nutes. So its goes; Nutes,water,nutes,water ect...
Ive never done Epsom salt before, just the kind you get at the grocery store or something else?

Hi mate, sorry for the slow reply but I couldn't find your thread. Lol

Ahh, I see what you are saying. If your using Calmag there is no need to use epson salts as the Mag part of Calmag is magnesium which is Epson salts. ;)

That sounds spot on with your watering/feeding.

Looking forward to your next lot of pics. :)

Last edited:
Well its time for another update. Five weeks into 12/12

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 39
looking A1, broseph!

Great skills. I LOVE this strain - I have such a lovely haze plant growing now that came out of a pack of this, and yet there are some smashing indica plants in there too, medical and commercial. I'm gonna enjoy this thread, for sure.

I find that the garden twine you are using sometimes leaves fibres stuck to the buds...did you ever come across the yellow or green 'plastic' type twine instead? Just as useful, no fibres!

Superb grow - keep up the skills.

Hi dude

First up nice work looking really good I love that style of growing (scrog) would you use that method on all your grows or just certain strains ? I'm in the process of getting a grow on an this will be my first grow as well, would you recommend mkaze for a first timer I have seen this strain a few times and it's a lovely strain and I would be very happy to grow it. I like the idea that this is a haze hybrid and will flower in 8-10 weeks instead of the normal long flower periods hazes take is there any more MNS strains you would recommend for a beginner and without a massive flowering period not that I mind waiting longer just think might be taking to much on as a first timer growing something like Neville's haze ?

Wow they are coming along lovely. Loving the dark oily looking buds covered in trics. :cool:

Looking forward to your next update. :)

Well its time for another update. Five weeks into 12/12

Looking great man, I love this stage in flowering - careful though these can sneak up on you. I swear mine looked weeks out then boom, maturing each day faster than the next.

Keep up the good work :D
We'll have to compare smoke reports looks like ours will be cured a few/couple weeks apart :D

Also, these under 1k? or 600? Curious to see hps scrog yield on these before I do them myself (I did current pair under LED, great spectrum and resin, not much photon penetration)

Last edited:
Hi dude

First up nice work looking really good I love that style of growing (scrog) would you use that method on all your grows or just certain strains ? I'm in the process of getting a grow on an this will be my first grow as well, would you recommend mkaze for a first timer I have seen this strain a few times and it's a lovely strain and I would be very happy to grow it. I like the idea that this is a haze hybrid and will flower in 8-10 weeks instead of the normal long flower periods hazes take is there any more MNS strains you would recommend for a beginner and without a massive flowering period not that I mind waiting longer just think might be taking to much on as a first timer growing something like Neville's haze ?

Id say this is a very friendly novice strain, scrogging is a beneficial but does make some things harder

Looking great man, I love this stage in flowering - careful though these can sneak up on you. I swear mine looked weeks out then boom, maturing each day faster than the next.

Keep up the good work :D
We'll have to compare smoke reports looks like ours will be cured a few/couple weeks apart :D

Also, these under 1k? or 600? Curious to see hps scrog yield on these before I do them myself (I did current pair under LED, great spectrum and resin, not much photon penetration)

They are under a 600 in a 3.5ftx3.5ft tent

Back