Mango Strain

Greenmoon

New member
Hi,

Is there an original 'Mango' strain?...and can anyone please explain something of its background if they are aware of one?.


Basically i was asked a similar question by a person who thought they'd seen a 'Mango' plant,and i was also interested to find out some info if i could.
Ive noticed different 'mangoes' while looking around the place, or as part of the name to some varietys(eg-mango widdow) and wonderd where 'Mango' originally came from if that makes any sense?
thanks
 
Yo Gm. I think that there is a 'clone-only' (hahahaha, get some MrNice, suckaaass.....) indica floating through British Colombia Canada and the pacific NW of the US. Not involved in the MrN MangoHaze (or widow x MH = MW). I had a very mango smelling bagseed plant. Smoked, ok. Was a greasy lil indica, I have 3 more from that batch of seeds (I'm pretty sure) going now.
:)
 
Mango tasting and smelling varietys are not uncommon, much like varietys who have a distinctly skunk odor to them (attributed to their Afghani roots). So I wouldnt be in the least bit surprised if there wasnt quite a few private strains known as Mango floating around out there. There is even a bloke who insist on calling his personal variety 'Mango Haze' on another forum. Although it has no relation to the MNS Mango Haze.

The MNS Mango Haze is a variety whos ultimate pedigree can be losely summed up as a Northern Lights, Skunk and Haze variety. I think both the MH and MW are aptely named because their particular make up genetically, is prone to produce varietys with a Mango taste and smell. There are without a doubt phenos within the MH population that smell exactly like a Mango fruit, you dont even have to use your imagination to come to that conclusion. I believe the Mango Widow is actually a selected Mango Haze(nl,sk,hz) hybridized by the parent line of Black Widow.
 
Hi guys,

:)gr8 replys there thanks its helped to paint the mango pic alot clearer.


Never grown mango'y goodness myself yet, or even smoked any recently ect though was hoping to now i've a few MW's to pop.


Speaking of private type mango strains as well with a bit of luck i soon hope trade something for a snip of that mngo plant i mentioned( that is no doubt also a good lil indy greaser:D from memory).
Just not very sure of this plants original background though(was gited as clone)but its has been together now for a while with a few mns moms actually,so was thinking it may hav had something to do with there work ect?.

Anyway seems to be a few good ones around the traps, attributed to the Afgani roots ect did not no that either.sweet!


b.t.w if ive any luck with this 'mango' or whatever ,i'll be sure to throw on a few pics at some stage so we can have a closer look
 
Last edited:
Hiya,

Just wondering 2 now wether any Mango,mango'y flavoured/aroma'd sativas come from well away from those Afagani indica area's mango?

cheers!
 
just thought I'd jump in here. There use to be a "mango" strain here in the islands back in the 70's that I remember fondly. I am growing two mangos from seeds I got from KC Brains and just germed 2 more. My first two are 4 weeks old and flowering at 10 inches, growing outside in Hawaii. I'm really hoping it at least smells like the old stuff.
 
i remrmber a strain thats was just called mango
this is goin back a few years i might add
it was more a mellow smoke bit of a creeper
but a fav round these parts by any accounts


but as we all know my knowledge aint the best lol

all the best
happy smokin
mr toothless
 
Back
Top