Mango Haze vs Mango Haze Inbred Gen

Not much to tell right now, but the MH inbreds have noticeably thinner leaflets and showed sex sooner than the neville'sHZ x mango.

-mp

Hmmm. Okay I have MH inbred, The Doors, Nev Hz Mango been up for about three weeks and my MH inbred have really FAT leaves. Fatter than any of the other MNS strains I have up.

The MH inbred are also bigger and stronger than the other seedlings. No photos yet because I burnt all the leaves with organic fungicide. Just Sodium Bicarbonate which is harmless but it makes the pH too alkaline for fungal attacks on the leaf surfaces. I used too strong a dose though and it seeped into the growing mix and caused massive nutrient lockout.

Had to change and flush everything and only just saved half of them. When they get bigger and outgrow the damage I'll post photos.

If they're still alive. They're outside under a sheet of plastic which is covered in snow at the moment. Unexpected Spring snow fall.

scrubdog

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Scrubdog! I noticed some of the same traits with my inbreds. Hopefully, today was the last day of temps being so hot. It is supposed to go down in the 40s f tonight. The last pic is of a Nevs Haze. The little runt is a Medman. It dried out when it was younger. I had a drip emitter clog. I am going to give it a chance at life.

Attachments

• IMAG04711377867430.jpg
    IMAG04711377867430.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG04704260428.jpg
    IMAG04704260428.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0473-255864136.jpg
    IMAG0473-255864136.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thanks for the update Scrubdog! I noticed some of the same traits with my inbreds. Hopefully, today was the last day of temps being so hot. It is supposed to go down in the 40s f tonight. The last pic is of a Nevs Haze. The little runt is a Medman. It dried out when it was younger. I had a drip emitter clog. I am going to give it a chance at life.

I'm getting confused by you having two MH threads at once arpege. Which one do you want me to post any updates to? Your plants are already miles ahead of mine. They grow much faster under lights I guess because you have a constant temp range. It's been snowing here so my plants are okay under plastic but not doing anything except surviving.

I really hope you dial these MH in because then I can learn from what you're doing even though I'm growing outdoors. Stuff like how to pick the best plants as early as possible so I can choose what (if anything) I want to seed or use as a father. I'm also interested in the MH flowering cycle. Stuff like how fast they full out and how long to let them run for.

I'm going to take some photos soon but mine still look like those seedlings in your other thread except I burnt the tips of all of mine. They're okay now though.

scrubdog

Damn. My bad! I forgot about the new thread. I will post the grow stuff in that one from now on. Mine have really taken off. They are out growing everything else in the box.

Damn. My bad! I forgot about the new thread. I will post the grow stuff in that one from now on. Mine have really taken off. They are out growing everything else in the box.

I started my own thread because I have other strains besides Mango Haze and didn't want to take your threads off topic or fill them up with my nonsense.

So you can follow the progress of my Mango Haze inbred at:

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/12-outdoor/11813-haze-outdoors-2013-2014-a.html#post190342

scrubdog

sorry I did not read this thread yet and maybe no time tonight, but this is so excellent, I wondered which would produce better results. I wish you well on your quest!

sorry I did not read this thread yet and maybe no time tonight, but this is so excellent, I wondered which would produce better results. I wish you well on your quest!

Thanks ST. I am going to be keeping the growth progress up to date on the other thread. MH inbred in the water.

Pics are on the other thread.. MHib in the water. This thread was originally just a question referring to the two strains.

Pistils are still pretty much all green. Trichomes are clear to cloudy. Room temps at night are in the 60s. Humidity is in the high 30s. It is the best I can do at this point. Even though this plant has taken a beating from hot and cold, her colas are getting juicy and starting to frost up.

Attachments

• tmp_20131130_1733481222299100.jpg
    tmp_20131130_1733481222299100.jpg
    677.8 KB · Views: 126
And the definitive answer is...?

Yo

So we now have a number of finished MH Inbred grows. Is anybody going to go into any detail about the differences between inbred and normal?

Which is better and why... etc, etc.

I've never grown standard MH but everybody who has... talks about these tall sativa dominant plants. None of my Inbred MH are particularly sativa and they're certainly not large.

scrubdog

Wow that's really interesting I'd love to hear from someone also who has tried both versions to see how they compare!
I'd really expect the IBL's to show consistent sativa mango smells and flavours but I have not tried the ibl version!!
You say none of yours are particularly sativa? That's odd I get them not being large as they may have lost a little hybrid vigour, but not sativa that don't seem correct!
Anyone exprianced both? Please share your thoughts!!

Back