Longball's 2022 Summer Outdoor Grow Pictorial and Other Nonsense

Hey Guys! :) Was a little busy tracking down a story about some debauchery going down in Germany. As far as the storm went, I did live to tell about it. Palenville, a hilltown to the south of me got 36 inches of snow. Stoney Creek, a hilltown to the north of me also got 36 inches of snow. I am in the valley between them. I got 9 inches. Of snow! So glad that I did not lose power. My electric lines are somewhere in this picture, I can see an electric pole a bit to the lower right.
opt_ELEC P1020294.jpeg

Longball

Last edited:
Hey Guys! :) Was a little busy tracking down a story about some debauchery going down in Germany. As far as the storm went, I did live to tell about it. Palenville, a hilltown to the south of me got 36 inches of snow. Stoney Creek, a hilltown to the north of me also got 36 inches of snow. I am in the valley between them. I got 9 inches. Of snow! So glad that I did not lose power. My electric lines are somewhere in this picture, I can see an electric pole a bit to the lower right.
View attachment 70949View attachment 70949

Longball
That’s an impressive amount of snow!! Beautiful pictures! Glad all is well.

Thanks, Fish! :) I've seen enough of it! Spring Equinox in 4 days! Time to get busy. Growing. I know I can't grow Haze in this climate, however, for my Grower's Award Reward, I did pick ASH as it's only 25% Haze. Maybe I will get Lucky! As a gambling man, I had to take a shot! What seeds did you choose, @Fish?

Longball

Thanks, Fish! :) I've seen enough of it! Spring Equinox in 4 days! Time to get busy. Growing. I know I can't grow Haze in this climate, however, for my Grower's Award Reward, I did pick ASH as it's only 25% Haze. Maybe I will get Lucky! As a gambling man, I had to take a shot! What seeds did you choose, @Fish?

Longball
I bet you’ve seen enough of it! I reckon give the haze a crack Ash would be interesting haven’t tried that before. I’ve read good things. I’m getting Neville’s Haze. Might be pushing shit up hill for me but I’ve got some plans to hopefully get it finished.

There has been some misinformation spread on the site that it is legal for all to grow marijuana in New York. That simply is not true. Only those with a Medical Marijuana Card may grow(got mine in 2018). From today's newspaper April 6th, 2023. *Article edited for content and brevity.

NEW YORK STATE

Homegrown marijuana for personal use is still outlawed in New York​

Slow rollout of retail marijuana licenses has also delayed the regulations that will allow someone to grow plants at home​

Brendan J. Lyons
April 6, 2023

ALBANY — New York is entering its third outdoor growing season since marijuana was legalized in the spring of 2021, but recreational users are still not allowed to legally cultivate their own plants — and that authorization may not come until well past next year’s planting season.

A provision in the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act approved the home cultivation of cannabis for personal use, but declared it can begin only after the state Office of Cannabis Management has issued “regulations governing home cultivation of cannabis, which will occur within 18 months of the first adult-use retail sale.”

But the first “legal” sale of recreational marijuana in New York did not take place until late December when a downstate nonprofit organization, Housing Works, opened a retail marijuana shop in New York City. That means the regulations authorizing homegrown plants for personal use may not be approved until July 2024.

For now, only individuals with medical marijuana prescriptions are allowed to legally grow at home. They received that authorization last September when the state approved regulations allowing medical marijuana patients — who could already purchase products from licensed medical dispensaries — to grow up to three mature plants and three immature plants at home. They also have the option of using “designated caregivers” to grow the crops for them.

The regulations additionally allow a medical patient or their caregiver to possess up to 5 pounds of cultivated marijuana in addition to any plants. Mature plants are those which have buds forming; immature plants can be any height as long as they do not have buds visible.

It is illegal for a patient or caregiver to sell marijuana, seeds or plants to another person, but they are allowed to give up to 3 ounces of cannabis or 24 grams of concentrated cannabis to another certified patient or caregiver. Practitioners certified to prescribe marijuana can do so for any reason, including insomnia and anxiety.
Photo of Brendan J. Lyons
Written By
Brendan J. Lyons
Brendan J. Lyons is a managing editor for the Times Union overseeing the Capitol Bureau and investigations. Lyons joined the Times Union in 1998 as a crime reporter before being assigned to the investigations team. He became editor of the investigations team in 2013 and began overseeing the Capitol Bureau in 2017. You can reach him at [email protected] or 518-454-5547.

Back