Living Soil

@ODZ i happened to be already a step ahead of what i thought...looks like my diluted rests of EMa juice did something to the rice i had jarred up somewhere down the line...think i'll have to give it a stir and add some milk oo water, not sure if i want to distrub/overcolonize the existing microbiome of this one. The darker stuff is residue from the previous run of coffee bokashi (not the one from previous post).
I use mostly on the outside garden as it is not as nutrient rich (depending on the beans i think) as i need it for LED.m

View attachment 75907

Think i can make this a bit more powerful if stirring up and adding a little sugar source to have it as a starter inoculant, ibwant the whole rice full of mycelium. Need to find a cheap/free malted barley or bran source gotta check the neighbourhood...gonna do a few sacks in the yard as long as the weather allows me to and put the finished product in buckets...any experience in drying bokashi bran for storage? I know you can buy the bran inoculated so it must be possible somehow...

I've found the local agri store has the cheapest bran. I've been able to buy 10kg/25kg bags off the shelf there.

Little something on the side

Quarter Coconut (i didnt buy it for that reason it just wasnt consumable anymore) ground up and shaken every day, kept in the fridge, auxin booster for veg rooting etc.
(growth hormone)

Coconut booster.png

Some DIY Terra Preta derivate...
old homemeade gardencompost +20-30% biological activated charcoal
(looks darker in person)
curious to try that one...

DiY TP_1.png

Last edited:
Strained the Coconutbooster today before it falls into a state of manure...has a fresh coco smell to it.
Took some Apple B freebies from Karma G and jucied them up and also put the strained cocoflakes on as topdressing a cut going mama, cleaned out the bottle with some tapwater and took it along with the flakes back into the mixers and watered with it. Plant loves it...lets see how fast these (fresh) beans.pop on coco...maybe we get a 24h pop?

Cocobooster.pngCococo.pngKarma APPLE B.pngAPPLE B on cocobooster.pngScone topped with coconut flakes ;)_1.pngHealthytips.png

Stay healthy!

Watching this thread with keen interest now. Just started doing Coot's no-till last year myself. There was an extremely significant difference in quality of the end product, the growth rate and trichs/flavonoid production in the plant was observed waaayyyy earlier than the plants I had in the ground last year.

I'm only just getting started with the differences observed between the two grows. Plus I'm starting to get it alot more figured out and alot more prepared for this season and have different amendments I was using last time around so I anticipate this year's harvest to be miles ahead of last year's LSO grow.

Little update on the Homemade Terra Preta - same 2 pots as above, after a rainfall they show some sexy little chunks of charcoal here and there...

DIY TP 1_1_1.pngDIY TP 2_1.png

Thinking about adding some charged coco to the mix...got it right there but am on the edge about it. Think it would add some flufflyness to the mix, it feels alright now but could get compacted over the length of a grow so this is going to be a 'tuff' decision. Id like to see it perform as pure as possible tbh...lets see ill keep it updated.

Also found some barley right in that price range @DannyTwoJoints and am going to get some EM bagworks going with it as soon as it lands.

Last edited:
Decided to blend the mix.

Added 1/3rd charged coco coir and some activated plant charcoal to keep the overall 20-30% charcoal ratio.

Then i also added 2 scoops of 7-7-7 organic fertilizer plus a good scoop of Gypsum aka Ca2SO4 and gave it a good mix...looks very nice.

TP test_1.png

Mix will sit for a few days and hopefully the Apple Bs come up soon. 1 cracked in 24h one just the day after but seemed slow and one dulled out.
Put the one on GO into starter pot and the other two into cocojiffy i would like to use these as my Terra Preta de Coco testers...if the other two will come up...

Sorry no Mr.Nice gear atm but there are straws in the cart so just a matter of time...

Nice side effect ofbthe blending action is i got an amount of 3 pots vs 2 pots before and i think this will perform better under artificial light vs unamended.

Also topped off the Indo soon to be mom

3 tablespoons Gypsum sprinkled around the base topped off with premium TP compost. She should be happy for times to come.
After the last week under (switch to) CFL vs Blurple she bounced back from having only single leafs back to 3 sets.
Originally grows 5 fingered leaf.

Topdress gypsum.png
Topper on topdress.png

Little update ony my small living soil adventure...watered the not so bonsai anymore mom today with 1+L Chlorophyller (blended, fermented Cannabis leaf) + a sip EMa
Have different layers of soilmix in there. Some fresh mixed premium TP compost with Coco and some used mix that sat outside for some time, wild stuff.
Watched the topsoil after watering for a minute, saw some critters working, some nematodes and even a tiny worm who mustve been in the mix as an egg or something like that. Beautiful sight. All natural, i didnt buy extra beneficials.
I just use good sources and DIY a lot of juice and mix stuff outside where i gets natural inoculation.

Shes with a 125w coldwhite CFL and need to magically disappear for a while soon so i have a few snips sittin' for the backup. Also going to riot these in a semi living blend of 1/3 premium compost on 2/3 gypsum charged coco.

Notsobonsaimom_1.png

The small shits are the Apple Bs - pure compost and low temps are giving them a hard time. If they hang on ill take care of them later...

Snipsthedayafter(coconutwater)_1_1.png

Snips sit 48h in coconutwater now. Today is transplant 2 root.

Trying something sustainable, TPtech...#pleasedontquoteme

2 go in these spent TP rolls 6 go into 0,2L cups as seen here on the forum. Not firing up the bubbler this time. Oldskool and quiet...fingers crossed for roots in 14 days...

Until somebody stops me ill continue to share this small living soil adventure. We see many recipes yet its rather rare we see the actual grows...

Managed to finish the 8 snips just before lights off.
45° cut / stems scraped up to 3 nodes / watered in with 50/50 mix of tap and coconutextract from the previous posts.

Giving this Lowtekk a try. Feels right, hope it also roots right...

full

full

Strained the Coconutbooster today before it falls into a state of manure...has a fresh coco smell to it.
Took some Apple B freebies from Karma G and jucied them up and also put the strained cocoflakes on as topdressing a cut going mama, cleaned out the bottle with some tapwater and took it along with the flakes back into the mixers and watered with it. Plant loves it...lets see how fast these (fresh) beans.pop on coco...maybe we get a 24h pop?

View attachment 76113View attachment 76114View attachment 76115View attachment 76116View attachment 76117View attachment 76118

Stay healthy!

@Swifty i use this stuff (look at this and the last page before in this thread) recently made in my kitchen from a not so tasty coconut. Used the flesh, made an extract.

Trying it with the cuts now.

The Apple B seeds where kinda funky. 1 popped with this juice in 1 day, the other way later and one didnt do shit. The root from both that popped was a little brownish at the the tip.
Not sue wether these seeds are a little strange or if the rather generous solution was a touch to much.

No need to waste your money buying many types of mycorrhizal fungi. The one that works with marijuana plants has many names. It is called: Glomus Mosseae, Glomus Intraradices, Rhizophagus Intraradices and Rhizophagus Mosseae even though it is the same mycorrhizal fungus.

Glomus mosseae and Glomus intraradices are different sub-species. That is made clear on the Dynomyco website and package label. Dynomyco contains both, but of the two, the most effective for cannabis is Glomus intraradices.

Dynomyco is the most potent mycorrhizae product on the market, containing the highest concentration of spores. It is also the most expensive, but you only need to apply it once.

The next best brand, imo, is Mykos; but it's less than 50% of the concentration of Dynomyco. It is also cheaper as a result. If a grower wants to keep prized mother plants for a long time, I'd recommend using Dynomyco for those; Mykos for regular production runs.

Random paper found online by a quick search, which identifies Glomus mosseae and Glomus intraradices as being different sub-species:

The greater effectiveness of Glomus mosseae and Glomus intraradices in improving productivity, oil content and tolerance of salt-stressed menthol mint (Mentha arvensis) - PubMed

"The study investigates the potential of four mycorrhizal fungi, viz. Glomus mosseae (Gm), Glomus aggregatum (Ga), Glomus fasciculatum (Gf) and Glomus intraradices (Gi) in alleviating NaCl-induced salt stress..." etc.

The following book is at the top of my list of 2024 book purchases:

Regenerative Soil (2nd Edition): The Science and Solutions

Cheers!! - FF

Regenerative Soil (2nd Edition): The Science and Solutions

Screenshot_20240421_214413_YouTube~2.jpg

3x Indict Bitez fem in the wannabee 'Terra Preta' from above.

Somehow one of the three pots went missing...possibly overgrown by herbs in the garden...seedlings do fine in it.
Outside since i transplanted them on 25th of may.
Sun and rainwater is all they got beyond a little myco inoculation.

Indict Bitez 25.5.png

Last edited:
Back