Latest Auction Offerings

Good idea, something I have just recently heard about through Swamiseeds. Would you or anyone else have any favorite links to guide me?

Works to finish. White strains are known to produce extra resin if left in the dark for the last week or few days.

Works to finish. White strains are known to produce extra resin if left in the dark for the last week or few days.
Interesting, you just cut out the light when you want them to finish? I figured you'd pull down a tarp and put it up again, at certain times

It's an old myth, the darkness thing.
I personally put a camera on a tripod in a growroom and took some nice macro shots thru a period of several days just before harvest.
Yup, full darkness for (don't recall which) 4 or 5 days taking a pic each day.
It was the old original ak47 and there was absolutely zero change over those days of darkness.
There was a long ass thread on the old overgrow forums and several of us did the test.
I still have the pics and will try to dig them up for you'se if you'd like, basically the general consensus was....myth.

Shanti used to advise it.
I do it always with whites, seems to make them more oily .

It also helps the chlorophyll* to start it's decaying.

Myth or not it seems to work for those reasons.

*I'm guessing it also helps because those last few days the cannabinoids are not being degraded by the light. So you harvest with a higher concentration of THC from it not degrading.

Last edited:
It's an old myth, the darkness thing.
I personally put a camera on a tripod in a growroom and took some nice macro shots thru a period of several days just before harvest.
Yup, full darkness for (don't recall which) 4 or 5 days taking a pic each day.
It was the old original ak47 and there was absolutely zero change over those days of darkness.
There was a long ass thread on the old overgrow forums and several of us did the test.
I still have the pics and will try to dig them up for you'se if you'd like, basically the general consensus was....myth.

Not so sure you would see the resin build up.

Remember the claim is more resin not more THC.

Check this thread from a few months ago for more info on this topic. Myth or not: if it doesn't kill them, it can only make them stronger..
Have you guys ever cracked the stem near the end of flowering like they do with tomatos to get harder fruits?

1620804897173.jpeg

Some sativa plants also flower better under 11 hours of light and 14 hours of darkness to prevent reflowering at the end. Which some may like.
Me I switch to 11/13 second phase of flowering for economical reasons.

Have you guys ever cracked the stem near the end of flowering like they do with tomatos to get harder fruits?

View attachment 51225

Some sativa plants also flower better under 11 hours of light and 14 hours of darkness to prevent reflowering at the end. Which some may like.
Me I switch to 11/13 second phase of flowering for economical reasons.
How to handle vampire plants lol

🤙Mu

putting them, in the dark for days is a myth me thinks.. Even if it would give some extra resin it would be clear trichome heads that only add weight but actually gives less potent weed per gram, they would need time in the light to mature.

splitting the stem for sure gives them stress, perhaps it provokes a reaction in the plants to finish up faster, or more resin, i also think it creates a wound that can let in diseases or molds.

My flower room runs on 11/13 all the time :D

putting them, in the dark for days is a myth me thinks.. Even if it would give some extra resin it would be clear trichome heads that only add weight but actually gives less potent weed per gram, they would need time in the light to mature.

splitting the stem for sure gives them stress, perhaps it provokes a reaction in the plants to finish up faster, or more resin, i also think it creates a wound that can let in diseases or molds.

My flower room runs on 11/13 all the time :D
Would want a higher% of clear on a sativa Dom var.
If you are extracting then you will be better off using dark. Or anything that can successfully decay the THCa like rosin.

It's a resin enhancement not a THC booster.

I was always under the impression that creating stress or cutting the light completely at the end
makes the smoke harsh. A friend used to cut the light and drop temps to near zero, not for more
potency but to bring out the purple on one of the sat dom Jack phenos.

I meant 13 hours of darkness of course :)

I would not split the stem outdoor neither and I don’t even do it indoor. I thought it was worth mentioning. Also, this is done at the very end of the life cycle. I did twist some branches while they snapped and needed support, those buds were more dense then other buds on the plant.
But in the end it’s all about following the right schedule. Low on the nitrogen and hard on the pk. I follow the same brand of fertilizer for years and their schedule never gave me any problems.
All these other quirks we apply is just a bonus because simply watching them isn’t always enough. Tantalus torment.

1620855279145.jpeg

I meant 13 hours of darkness of course :)

I would not split the stem outdoor neither and I don’t even do it indoor. I thought it was worth mentioning. Also, this is done at the very end of the life cycle. I did twist some branches while they snapped and needed support, those buds were more dense then other buds on the plant.
But in the end it’s all about following the right schedule. Low on the nitrogen and hard on the pk. I follow the same brand of fertilizer for years and their schedule never gave me any problems.
All these other quirks we apply is just a bonus because simply watching them isn’t always enough. Tantalus torment.

View attachment 51240

That is, Canna or Hesi?

I'm not brand loyal personality but I should for consistency purposes.

I was always under the impression that creating stress or cutting the light completely at the end
makes the smoke harsh. A friend used to cut the light and drop temps to near zero, not for more
potency but to bring out the purple on one of the sat dom Jack phenos.

I wouldn't advise the ice flush or extra cold flush.
I leave everything running and unplug my HPS for the last week. With white vars .
Still water with just PH-+

I wouldn't advise the ice flush or extra cold flush.
I leave everything running and unplug my HPS for the last week. With white vars .
Still water with just PH-+

Why do you unplug your HPS for the last week?
Similar reason as why some would place them in a dark room before harvesting?

Last edited:
Why do you unplug your HPS for the last week?
Similar reason as why some would place them in a dark room before harvesting?

Kick in the last energy use of the plant.
Plant thinks that the only protection is to create resin. More so the white vars.

All the widow sellers used to advise it. Not sure about now, would have to ask SB if he still advises that.

I think it's from SBs big book of buds page. Will check it out, been 15+ years, when I do white vars I do it habitually.

Back