Ladies and Gentlemen ... The Doors!

Peacefrog

Well I popped a few Doors seeds last fall and ended up with 2 girls. Today was chop day for the first of them and she sparkled so much in the sun when I was trimming that I just had to try and capture it on virtual film. I'm not very patient with trying to get the lighting and focus right so forgive the quality. These pics don't really do the strain justice but there isn't much info on this strain so I decided to share anyway.

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9926-d3-2-16-2013.jpg

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9928-d3-2-16-2013-3.jpg

Both girls have a sweet lemon smell. I took this one at 77 days and she probably could have gone another week but I needed the room. She has a very nice stout structure for indoor growing and is much thicker all around than her sister. She was very sticky and smelled like lemon meringue during the trim. If the smoke test passes this girl could be around for a while. Lower bud sites that received little or no light dropped some bananas and seeded themselves which does concern me some but the behavior seems to be predictable and avoidable so far on a clone I am running through again.

The other girl started flowering at the same time but she looks like she could have another 6 weeks or more in her. She is very stretchy, unruly and sensitive and taking her sweet ass time. She also looks like hell and wouldn't agree to have her photo taken. :rolleyes: I already killed off the cuttings I took for moms of this one because there is no way I can keep her. I've come this far with her so I will try to finish her but she is testing my patience. My experience has been that these slow flowering plants can produce some very powerful heady smoke so the trouble is worth it every once in a while.

The bud shots are only pictures I have right now. When I get the urge I will take some shots of the girls still in the tents. I can't give her a fair smoke test for a while but I will share a report when the time is right. Thanks for checking in.

I've come this far with her so I will try to finish her but she is testing my patience. My experience has been that these slow flowering plants can produce some very powerful heady smoke so the trouble is worth it every once in a while.

Hey Peacefrog, nice looking pics there. I think you should definitely persevere and finish the later one off. As you said, they can be worth the pain; smoking it after it's harvested and dried may even make you wish you'd taken a cutting.

Good luck with the rest of the grow!

Nice looking buds Peacefrog. I've got three of these ladies in the bloom room now, just showing their first hairs this week. The high haze content was a major factor in my decision to try this strain, I hope that unruly sativa dominant pheno blows you away :D

thanks for posting peacefrog.

that looks delicious.

i have

the cure
the stones
U2

of the rock and rolla series and i hope to complete the set soon.

Hey guys. Thanks for your interest. I too was drawn to this strain by the haze content as well as the lack of skunk influence that was present in the SSH I have grown. After further research I did discover that the Haze AC father technically does have some skunk lineage but Shanti considers it a haze male so if it is good enough for him I think I can trust his judgment.

The slower flowering girl (D1 for reference) has started thickening up a little bit this week and really has me drooling over her - I think you may be right Mark about wishing I kept a cutting. I did keep one clone of her flowering and I was able to limit the height on it by keeping the pot small through the stretch and she started making flower clusters a lot quicker than the seed plant. This second run isn't nearly as unruly and if the flower time loses a couple of weeks she could be worth keeping. I may be tempted to reveg the seed plant after chop and make another mom if she smokes well and the second run progresses without trouble.

Anyways ... I snapped a few more photos over the last week and have a few to share. Here is the clone I have running of the quicker flowering girl (D3) a few days ago. In a few weeks she should be all bud if things go right.

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9933-d3-2nd-2-17-2013-plant.jpg

And here is one of the top colas from the D3 clone taken tonight.

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9934-d3-2nd-2-23-2013-cola.jpg

Here is a plant shot of the D1 (hazy) clone from a few days ago. She went into 12/12 a week ahead of the D3 clone (about 30 days ago) and has already been surpassed by D3 in flower volume.

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9935-d1-2nd-2-17-2013.jpg

And I finally got the D1 seed plant to agree to some photos as long as I showed her good side. She is very easy to overfeed and the fan leaves just look like absolute hell. I went from a 400 MH to 600 HPS (so much for keeping the temps down this run) this week and she has really responded well. It may just be coincidental with her stage of flowering but the bud mass has really increased in the last few days. Sorry for the HPS tint but you can still see the gooey fun stuff. This is about 80 days since flowers started forming. I can see her maybe being done in 3 to 4 weeks.

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9936-d1-2-22-2013-bud-1.jpg

A little closer up:

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9937-d1-2-22-2013-macro-1.jpg

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9938-d1-2-22-2013-macro-2.jpg

That's all I got for tonight. Thanks for checking in. :)

Last edited:
Looks to be coming along nicely. How tall were they when you put them under 12/12? The D1 clone looks like shes going to be rewarding in the end, beautiful example of a sativa dominant plant. They both look great very nice work. 30 days or so into 12/12...with say 60 more to go? I imagine some very nice things developing in that time :rolleyes:

Tomorrow's Breakfast

The D1 seed plant is at about 14 weeks now and easily has another 2 weeks to go. Ultimately I don't think I can keep a plant that takes this long but on the bright side all those wild sativa branches have quite a bit of frosty bud on them so I should be able to enjoy her for quite some time.

I snipped a tester bud from low down on the plant to get a preview of what she has to offer. Here's a little bud shot fresh off the plant.

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9960-d1-3-8-13-tester-bud.jpg

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9959-d1-3-8-13-tester-bud-macro.jpg

I'm giving it the ole quick dry overnight and will see how it smokes with a fresh head tomorrow. Early testing of the D3 bud has been a very smooth smoke mostly heady but a little sleepy on the comedown. I still need to give it more time for a proper evaluation. Thanks for checking in.

Last edited:
Looks to be coming along nicely. How tall were they when you put them under 12/12? The D1 clone looks like shes going to be rewarding in the end, beautiful example of a sativa dominant plant. They both look great very nice work. 30 days or so into 12/12...with say 60 more to go? I imagine some very nice things developing in that time :rolleyes:

Hi LCVOrganics. I'm sorry I missed your question earlier. The clones were about a foot tall when I put them under 12/12. I took the cuttings from the seed plants about 2 weeks into 12/12 and they were starting to show flowers so it took a while after they rooted to get back into veg mode. I topped them both once and trimmed a lot of lower growth.

The D3 clone should be done in about 4 or 5 weeks and the D1 is still just getting started - probably 8 or 9 weeks based on what I am seeing from the seed plant.

I was checking out the D1 seed plant tonight and was just amazed by the trichomes so I got some flash pics when the lights went out. Today is her 101st day since showing flowers under 12/12. I think harvesting at 16 weeks (112 days) might be ambitious. She is really frosting up now.

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9975-d1-2nd-3-12-2013.jpg

peacefrog-albums-doors-2013-picture9976-d1-2nd-3-12-2013-2.jpg

That will have to do for tonight. I will get some updated shots of the clone plants when I get some more time. Thanks for checking in.

Last edited:
Chop Day

Today, after 122 days of flowering, the D1 seed plant finally got the chop. There were still some white pistils but most of the buds looked ready. I put some pics out on a hosting site so they wouldn't get butchered in the resize.

Here is a whole plant shot. I think the pot finished with a dozen bamboo stakes holding this girl up. She was most certainly a wild child. Yes that is a bathtub you see in the background.

d1seedplantchop422013.jpg

Here's a few closeups of the buds that I got with the flash. The lighting in this room is terrible but the flash gives a pretty good look.

d1chopdaybuds422013.jpg

A little closer up ...

d1chopdaybudshot422013.jpg

And finally the closest I could get ...
d1chopdaymacro422013.jpg

Early samples of this plant smoked very smooth and had a very clear high without the comedown drag of the D3 plant. It has the same sweet lemon flavor. The initial rush was very powerful and was followed by a calm happy high. It seemed to weaken everything I smoked after it that day. I am very much looking forward to giving her another try after a proper dry and cure.

I'll get some pics of the clone plants again one of these days. I still have the D3 mother but given the heaviness of the high and the banana tendency I don't think I am going to keep her. I never saw any bananas on the D1 plant which is pretty impressive given how long it flowered.

Well that's it for tonight. Thanks for checking in.

Back