Is G13 Female still alive?

Apollo

Hello guys, I would like to ask if i understood correct buy reading the description of
G13 x Afghan Haze¨

Saying that:
G13 female plant which was retrieved from the original breeder in the early 2000s and gifted back to MNS, has since been used in the breeding schedules to produce some resinous strong new hybrids. Of which we combined this with the Afghan Skunk, and Afghan Haze males to re-release these strains in this new form.

This made me understand that they have still alive a cut of G13 or is a hybrid that they made from the G13 cut that later was combined with the afghz and the AfgSku?
English is not my first language so please forgive me if I didn't understood something right.
Please tell me your thoughts

From my understanding you are right.
I think the Original breeder got some G13 hybrid and becouse he already was familiar with the g13 treats he was looking for, he could select a nearly Pure G13 mother out of a Hybrid.

G wizz what a story
G13 back from the dead
Need to renamed this the Lazurus cut clone only miracle pheno…
Nonsense!
G13Skunk (Nevils Originals) and their inbred offspring are it…
Last time I had this conversation with the only one left alive who would know and this was more than a decade + ago.
Not gonna debate it
The original plant died long ago.
A G13 phenotype HYBRID may exist that is used to continue this fantasy.
☝️

I can't find it right now, but I think I remember @shantibaba mentioning somewhere on the forum that he got a G13 cut from resin seeds a while back? I think it's referred to as the USA female cut :unsure:

Last edited:
The original breeder of g13 is unknown. Nevil did hand out some cuttings. One of those was handed out in exchange for a hash making machine at one of the cannabis cups. That is with a guy called DD. Another may have made its way to Doggles who we know definitely supplied an traded many things with nevil. Doggles says he also had the same issues with his cuttings that later came about with the strain in Holland. An although he hasn't described the exact process to revive/save the cutting he has indicated it may have undergone some sort of tissue culture tech which indeed does clean up a cutting to the point it will come out as if its fresh from a replica seed an will be completely reinvigorated an sometimes can even start as it grows to express as a slightly different phenotype an will yeild bigger an will be more vigorous. Whether the tissue culture tech is what was actually used or it was selfed with the DD cutting (wich didn't seem to have the issues all copy cuttings seem to pick up later) is unknown an only doggless knows the details of. But nevil later was sent s1 seed and maybe even the cutting an confirmed after looking at it an testing it himself it indeed is his g13 pure. Something called kanga kush (wich may still be around)was made by kanga with what nevil had been sent in Australia. So through his contacts shanti baba some how has also got his hands on what is now thought to be the revived cutting or a s1 of it an some of the mr nice strains containing g13 have been remade with this cutting. I dont think shanti baba would have gone to all the trouble of remaking some of the strains if the cultivar wasn't special, especially with how much work an time he had to put into the heavily worked g13 skunk version he was using previously.

Last edited:
Actually it was given to us in the USA by a long time guerilla grower who had dealt with the original for 4 decades and was retiring...we took it and grew it out several times along with Nevil G13skunk as that was what we had it as previously. But it ticked the boxes so we made a small initial seed batch to G13 x Afghan Skunk, G13 x Afghan Haze and G13 x Widow, and G13 x Haze AC...we have dispersed these to get tested by many for several years already. We never received anything from resin seeds to do with g13 or any plant in fact, we just did a project with them initially to create stable 1 to 1 CBD to THC seeds...not sure if they still exist as did not hear about them for years. But Sara or [email protected] can help if there are people interested in those seeds...

Actually it was given to us in the USA by a long time guerilla grower who had dealt with the original for 4 decades and was retiring...we took it and grew it out several times along with Nevil G13skunk as that was what we had it as previously. But it ticked the boxes so we made a small initial seed batch to G13 x Afghan Skunk, G13 x Afghan Haze and G13 x Widow, and G13 x Haze AC...we have dispersed these to get tested by many for several years already. We never received anything from resin seeds to do with g13 or any plant in fact, we just did a project with them initially to create stable 1 to 1 CBD to THC seeds...not sure if they still exist as did not hear about them for years. But Sara or [email protected] can help if there are people interested in those seeds...
Thanks for the reply Shanti :). Not sure how I came up with the Resin seeds, my bad

G wizz what a story
G13 back from the dead
Need to renamed this the Lazurus cut clone only miracle pheno…
Nonsense!
G13Skunk (Nevils Originals) and their inbred offspring are it…
Last time I had this conversation with the only one left alive who would know and this was more than a decade + ago.
Not gonna debate it
The original plant died long ago.
A G13 phenotype HYBRID may exist that is used to continue this fantasy.
G wizz Axiom ,you have a sniff dog for a profile pic:eek::D. Joking :ROFLMAO:.

Yeah there is a lot of rumors going around for the G13 cut !
That why I asked the forum .I believe there is a lot of knowledge in here and the right place to ask such thing.
As you said The original plant died long ago. But this plant come from some where and that can be the answer .
Thanks for your input Axiom I really appreciate.

The original breeder of g13 is unknown. Nevil did hand out some cuttings. One of those was handed out in exchange for a hash making machine at one of the cannabis cups. That is with a guy called DD. Another may have made its way to Doggles who we know definitely supplied an traded many things with nevil. Doggles says he also had the same issues with his cuttings that later came about with the strain in Holland. An although he hasn't described the exact process to revive/save the cutting he has indicated it may have undergone some sort of tissue culture tech which indeed does clean up a cutting to the point it will come out as if its fresh from a replica seed an will be completely reinvigorated an sometimes can even start as it grows to express as a slightly different phenotype an will yeild bigger an will be more vigorous. Whether the tissue culture tech is what was actually used or it was selfed with the DD cutting (wich didn't seem to have the issues all copy cuttings seem to pick up later) is unknown an only doggless knows the details of. But nevil later was sent s1 seed and maybe even the cutting an confirmed after looking at it an testing it himself it indeed is his g13 pure. Something called kanga kush (wich may still be around)was made by kanga with what nevil had been sent in Australia. So through his contacts shanti baba some how has also got his hands on what is now thought to be the revived cutting or a s1 of it an some of the mr nice strains containing g13 have been remade with this cutting. I dont think shanti baba would have gone to all the trouble of remaking some of the strains if the cultivar wasn't special, especially with how much work an time he had to put into the heavily worked g13 skunk version he was using previously.
Thanks NighMare for your message ,Is cool hear all this stories, is important part of the history of this culture There are many question marks , story version and makes the cannabis strain History a mess and I agree with you Shanti he would not lose time if wasn't special plant, there is no question in that.

What I realized is like a puzzle, more info's from various source you collect more clues you get and all this together starting to make more sense. You get to see intentions and purity of each information and is easier for me decide what to keep 🙏

Get answer from you and set the things clear , It means a lot for me and many out there I believe.:cool::)🙏

I have big trust in your words and respect for your work. No question in that.

Thank you Shanti you made my day 🙏

Last edited:
Anyone else remember that there was something distinctive about the G13's leaf morphology?
I could be wrong, I never grew it, but maybe the number of leaflets, a twisted one(?)

Hi Shanti 🙏 I hope all is great at your end.❤

I would like to ask when you have some free time to describe a bit more the main characteristics of the original G13. what the THC and CBD content smell, looks, flowering period, feeding etc .
Seeing some Original G13 seeds wondering around 😲in the auctions is many peoples dream :love: I wouldn't sleep till I won them all :ROFLMAO:in Fem version or in regular form.:).

-SaveTheBrains

Back